X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
    Maybe Andy Reid really likes the receivers in this draft. He has the picks to trade up if he desires to.
    He has the picks, but not the receivers in this year's draft. I would take Hill over any two of them, maybe over any three of them.

I liked Burks, but he did not test well. Now, I like none of them as far as high draft value goes. I see no super elite WRs in this draft class. I see no Calvin Johnson. I see no Justin Jefferson. I see a lot of "pretty good". These are players that will succeed in the NFL, but that do not appear to be special players.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

This is going to hurt the Chiefs badly. On offense you have schedule players and chaos players. Schedule players are people that run in the system do their assignments on key, run specific routes as planned. Myhommy is about 75% chaos and 25% schedule. He makes most of his plays running around, devolving into chaos, then finding a player (like Hill) running wild deep down the field. Hill was a chaos player with rare speed and quickness. He is not a good schedule route runner, he freelances a lot. Both Hill and Myhommy fed off each other and made a great pair. No way Hill has a big year like he did on the Chiefs. He will be good and make his plays but wont be what he was. On the Chiefs, the lack of chaos that Hill brings will help defenses bring order to their side of the ball while playing the Chiefs. This order and structure will also hurt Myhommy. Make him sit in the pocket and make throws on time. He is not nearly the QB in the pocket as he is in chaos. In the end it will have a large negative effect on their offense which will put more pressure on their terrible defense.

I am really looking forward to next year even more now.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

And that makes him different from who?
        JC Jackson? He could of got more. He signed here to play with Derwin. MW wanted to stay here.
        Not every player is all about the highest bidder and having the ego to want to be the highest paid WR.
        Someone will surpass him him next season.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
          This is going to hurt the Chiefs badly. On offense you have schedule players and chaos players. Schedule players are people that run in the system do their assignments on key, run specific routes as planned. Myhommy is about 75% chaos and 25% schedule. He makes most of his plays running around, devolving into chaos, then finding a player (like Hill) running wild deep down the field. Hill was a chaos player with rare speed and quickness. He is not a good schedule route runner, he freelances a lot. Both Hill and Myhommy fed off each other and made a great pair. No way Hill has a big year like he did on the Chiefs. He will be good and make his plays but wont be what he was. On the Chiefs, the lack of chaos that Hill brings will help defenses bring order to their side of the ball while playing the Chiefs. This order and structure will also hurt Myhommy. Make him sit in the pocket and make throws on time. He is not nearly the QB in the pocket as he is in chaos. In the end it will have a large negative effect on their offense which will put more pressure on their terrible defense.

I am really looking forward to next year even more now.
          Pretty sure Myhomies' QB rating and especially when outside the pocket is much higher when throwing to Hill. On TV when he's back there scrambling and throws the ball....and the ball is momentarily lost because the camera man can't catch up. I know damn well Hill is wide open somehow and sure enough he catches the ball.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
            Registered Dude
            • Sep 2018
            • Westminster, MA
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He's a 28 year old wide receiver who depends on speed and explosion. That is quite a haul for the Chiefs.

It will help them in 3 years....now, they might be the bottom dweller in the AFC west.

If / when 33 year old Kelce slows down this year, who scares you on that offense?
            I think it's actually not a great deal for either team.

The Dolphins are hooking their wagon to a QB who can't throw downfield.

The Chiefs will be lucky to get ONE quality multi-year starter with all those picks. Maybe they'll hit the lottery again and find another superstar. But highly doubtful. They won't get close to the value they lost in Hill — especially over the next couple of seasons.

If one of the picks was a high 1st rounder, I'd prob feel different.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post

The Chiefs will be lucky to get ONE quality multi-year starter with all those picks. Maybe they'll hit the lottery again and find another superstar. But highly doubtful. They won't get close to the value they lost in Hill — especially over the next couple of seasons.

Disagree. Two years from now he will be in decline so your paying for past successes. Getting more high quality picks gives you more chances at the plate and these guys are not stupid. Paying him $30 mil is stupid because the Chiefs didn't even make it to the Superbowl last year. It's other parts of the KC machine that needs upgrades to go anywhere these days.

opcorn:
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

[QUOTE=chaincrusher;n1331263]
                Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

They got 1-29, so barely even a single first round pick at all. They got 2-50 and then scraps in the form of a 4th round pick this year and a 4th and a 6th next year.

Our first and third round picks this year have greater value than the entire haul the Chiefs got.
                Bingo! The position in the first round is a huge deal and why it was not a great haul for the Chiefs. The other key is that they are firmly in their window. Mahomes is only going to get more and more expensive with his contract and its structure.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Disagree. Two years from now he will be in decline so your paying for past successes. Getting more high quality picks gives you more chances at the plate and these guys are not stupid. Paying him $30 mil is stupid because the Chiefs didn't even make it to the Superbowl last year. It's other parts of the KC machine that needs upgrades to go anywhere these days.

opcorn:
                  This was a classic Andy Reid move that he learned from Mike Holmgren, who learned it from Bill Walsh. Get rid of the guy a year or two too soon before too late. Duce Staley, Brian Dawkins, Donovan McNabb, etc. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post

Miami should not have done this deal. It would have made more sense for the Packers to trade for Hill. I don't see the Dolphins getting anything out of him unless they find a way to turn back the clock and draft Herbert.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

JC Jackson
                      Damn straight!

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

JC Jackson? He could of got more. He signed here to play with Derwin. MW wanted to stay here.
                        Not every player is all about the highest bidder and having the ego to want to be the highest paid WR.
                        Someone will surpass him him next season.
                        This was the secret sauce to the Pats. Brady took less, which gave them more money to work with, but also led to other guys taking less.

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Miami should not have done this deal. It would have made more sense for the Packers to trade for Hill. I don't see the Dolphins getting anything out of him unless they find a way to turn back the clock and draft Herbert.
                          I agree, Miami has bought a ferrari for a team that does not have their driver's license. A team like the Packers would make more sense. however, as long as KC lost him, i'm good.

Comment

Working...
                          X