• Send PM

FOjRWiLWYAMolZZ.jpegmeme online depicting Miami trading for Hill
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Miami is trying to make Tua a success. If, and probably when, he sucks this coming year, they’ll have two first rounders they can try and use to grab the next unhappy superstar QB. In the history of the NFL, the only time a stud QB was dealt in his prime was Jay Cutler. This year we’ve had two star QBs dealt for massive hauls. I wonder if this is the new MO moving forward. It is in the NBA.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

funny, looking @my last first round mock, don't think the pick changes.... think 29 is still Jahan Dotson.... could be a great pick @the back of the first.

and looking over the other AFC West rosters, seems to me we have one glaring hole.... our running game.

not sure what the plan is, but it can't be what it was last year.... can it ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
          Miami is trying to make Tua a success. If, and probably when, he sucks this coming year, they’ll have two first rounders they can try and use to grab the next unhappy superstar QB. In the history of the NFL, the only time a stud QB was dealt in his prime was Jay Cutler. This year we’ve had two star QBs dealt for massive hauls. I wonder if this is the new MO moving forward. It is in the NBA.
          Yep. NFL has become the NBA and fortunes change swiftly. A year ago Baker Mayfield was the highly regarded and Cleveland a Super Bowl pick for many. Now he’s the groundskeeper at the Stadium as life imitates art. Carson Wentz was the it guy in Philly. Got hurt and they won the Super Bowl with Foles. Now he’s on his 3rd team in 3 years and former MCP Matt Ryan takes over in Indy while Atlanta rides with former #2 pick Mariota. The pressure to win now is greater than ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Disagree. Two years from now he will be in decline so your paying for past successes. Getting more high quality picks gives you more chances at the plate and these guys are not stupid. Paying him $30 mil is stupid because the Chiefs didn't even make it to the Superbowl last year. It's other parts of the KC machine that needs upgrades to go anywhere these days.

opcorn:
            And I disagree with you.

Hill is all of 7 months older than Mike Williams. He is nowhere near losing a step. Going into the 2027 season, that might be a consideration. By then, Hill will be 33 and will have already played another 5 seasons.

Hill absolutely is worth $30M per season as the most dangerous WR in football. There is not a single receiver on another team I would want on our team more than Tyreek Hill. He is a complete game changer for the right QB.

Unfortunately for the Dolphins, Tua is not that QB.

Regarding the Chiefs, the $29M cap hit for Chris Jones is stupid as is the $30+M combined being given to Orlando Brown and Frank Clark.

$30M for Hill would have been a smart investment, especially with only $75M guaranteed.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

The Chargers will soon be in the same boat as KC when Herbert's rookie contract is over and will get paid like Mahomes is. Not many teams in the league will be able to handle a $ 30 million receiver (in today's cap amount dollars).

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

This is what I'm talking about...how the Raiders chased Tyreek Hill from the division, which weakened the chiefs and removing another obstacle for the Chargers to win the AFC West.

Drew Rosenhaus on Tyreek Hill: Davante Adams deal flipped everything upside down

"...he was working toward a contract extension for Hill in Kansas City when the Packers traded Davante Adams to the Raiders. The Raiders then gave Adams a contract that made him the highest-paid wide receiver in the league."

Rosenhaus said he told the Chiefs 'that this should be the market for Tyreek' and that it would be to everyone’s benefit if they traded the wideout if they weren’t willing to make that deal."

" 'Then the Adams deal really flipped everything upside down. The Chiefs, I think they had the foresight to see that Tyreek was in the last year of his contract and we weren’t going to take a deal that wasn’t better than Adams, so...' "

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Keenan Allen on Twitter saying Hill's departure from KC is going to "expose" Mahomes. I wish our players would be smarter about the things they say publicly. J.C. Jackson threw out some smack on Davante Adams going to the Raiders a few days ago. Come on man, don't give the oppo any more motivation. I know these guys are confident, and that is cool, cockiness is not.

This draft is deep in WR talent. It's not a stretch to think the Chiefs could hit on one or two WRs that will be good enough as rookies to make them forget about Tyreek.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    This is what I'm talking about...how the Raiders chased Tyreek Hill from the division, which weakened the chiefs and removing another obstacle for the Chargers to win the AFC West.

Drew Rosenhaus on Tyreek Hill: Davante Adams deal flipped everything upside down

"...he was working toward a contract extension for Hill in Kansas City when the Packers traded Davante Adams to the Raiders. The Raiders then gave Adams a contract that made him the highest-paid wide receiver in the league."

Rosenhaus said he told the Chiefs 'that this should be the market for Tyreek' and that it would be to everyone’s benefit if they traded the wideout if they weren’t willing to make that deal."

" 'Then the Adams deal really flipped everything upside down. The Chiefs, I think they had the foresight to see that Tyreek was in the last year of his contract and we weren’t going to take a deal that wasn’t better than Adams, so...' "
                    I said it once, twice, I'll say it again. We got a good deal for Mike Williams.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Keenan Allen on Twitter saying Hill's departure from KC is going to "expose" Mahomes. I wish our players would be smarter about the things they say publicly. J.C. Jackson threw out some smack on Davante Adams going to the Raiders a few days ago. Come on man, don't give the oppo any more motivation. I know these guys are confident, and that is cool, cockiness is not.

This draft is deep in WR talent. It's not a stretch to think the Chiefs could hit on one or two WRs that will be good enough as rookies to make them forget about Tyreek.
                      I think there is a little extra juice going on between the Chargers and Mahomes. I think Mahomes is feeling a bit threatened by and tired of hearing about Herbert. And you could see some taunting by Mahomes towards the Charger bench when they won that game in OT against us. And I am pretty sure the Chargers are aware of it as well. But honestly, they are division rivals and I don't think it really matters.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I said it once, twice, I'll say it again. We got a good deal for Mike Williams.
                        And I'll say it two or three more times. After the contracts that came after Mike's, given to Christian Kirk, then Davante Adams, then Tyreek Hill, Mike Williams' contract is a steal for the Chargers. Mike had said before that he wanted to stay with the Chargers and that he doesn't like change. He may have been motivated by that to take a bit less than he may have gotten in FA. But Mike is in position with a team that is on the rise with a young great QB on his rookie contract to do some serious winning. If in 3-4 years Mike has a couple of rings and Adams and Hill have made more money but have not won anything, who is the winner? All three will be wealthy, but rings count.

Mike's contract is for three years, he will only be 30 when it expires, and if he continues to play at a high level he will be in position to cash in and get another juicy contract. It's also good for the team, because when they start having to pay Herbert full market value after his rookie contract expires, the cap situation is going to be a lot different for the Chargers.

At the end of the day, though, the question for me is would you rather have:

Tyreek Hill, having given up almost your entire draft to get him, then have his mega contract with an astronomical guaranteed amount; or

Mike Williams, with his contract and not having to give up any picks for him?

IMO, it's a no-brainer. I'll take Mike 100 times out of 100 given the situation.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

And I disagree with you.

Hill is all of 7 months older than Mike Williams. He is nowhere near losing a step. Going into the 2027 season, that might be a consideration. By then, Hill will be 33 and will have already played another 5 seasons.

Hill absolutely is worth $30M per season as the most dangerous WR in football. There is not a single receiver on another team I would want on our team more than Tyreek Hill. He is a complete game changer for the right QB.

Unfortunately for the Dolphins, Tua is not that QB.

Regarding the Chiefs, the $29M cap hit for Chris Jones is stupid as is the $30+M combined being given to Orlando Brown and Frank Clark.

$30M for Hill would have been a smart investment, especially with only $75M guaranteed.
                          No!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X