Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

I think Veach decided that he was not going to let players hold him hostage anymore. Last year Hill waited until the last minute and changed his demands based on what the Raiders gave Adams. That put KC in cap hell just prior to the draft. The trade worked out wonderful but Veach learned to set an earlier deadline and stick to it. He has sent a clear message to players and their agents going forward. Lets get something done prior to free agency or you may be sent packing. Is Taylor better than Brown? Hard to say. It was more about flexibility going forward.
    Do you post on the Raiders and Broncos boards as well as here on the Chargers board? You seem to be a pretty decent guy, whose posts make sense, but really, what's the attraction to posting stuff about the Chiefs on a Chargers board? Surely there must be some fun stuff to discuss over at Chiefs Planet about the dynasty-in-the-making over there, no? I mean, as long as Mahomes is around, the AFC West is just 6 guaranteed wins/season, so some of the posts you make smack of gloating.

Comment

• fanatic
      Registered Chiefs Fan
      • Dec 2021
      • Southern California
      • Realtor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Do you post on the Raiders and Broncos boards as well as here on the Chargers board? You seem to be a pretty decent guy, whose posts make sense, but really, what's the attraction to posting stuff about the Chiefs on a Chargers board? Surely there must be some fun stuff to discuss over at Chiefs Planet about the dynasty-in-the-making over there, no? I mean, as long as Mahomes is around, the AFC West is just 6 guaranteed wins/season, so some of the posts you make smack of gloating.
      I seldom post on the other forums. Maybe during game week. I live in Ca and have most my life. Have lots of Charger friends. I dont post much on Chiefs boards because , like most of us, they are homers with rose colored glasses. I like to visit this forum to learn more about the competition and this is a reasonably sane forum. Sorry you think I gloat. Im surprised. I just dont see that. I offer info for those that may want a little insight on KC. I use the AFC West Thread and Other Teams Thread. Also dont see 6 automatic wins. I have consistently complimented the Chargers and in many cases been more complimentary and positive about the team than some here.

So this is a time of year its fun, entertainment, to see what the competition thinks of all the moves being made.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

I seldom post on the other forums. Maybe during game week. I live in Ca and have most my life. Have lots of Charger friends. I dont post much on Chiefs boards because , like most of us, they are homers with rose colored glasses. I like to visit this forum to learn more about the competition and this is a reasonably sane forum. Sorry you think I gloat. Im surprised. I just dont see that. I offer info for those that may want a little insight on KC. I use the AFC West Thread and Other Teams Thread. Also dont see 6 automatic wins. I have consistently complimented the Chargers and in many cases been more complimentary and positive about the team than some here.

So this is a time of year its fun, entertainment, to see what the competition thinks of all the moves being made.
        I work closely with a KC fan/gloater, you're not that.
        I like to keep it real, we're (LAC) are up against the toughest task in franchise history imo and that's winning the division from "New New England" type dynasty.
        If/when we fail to do so like last season, it'll be horrible and if/when we do it'll be the most thrilling time of my sports life.
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Didn't realize perine was available...
          would've wanted him here.

Btw, every major injury to a SF qb (outside of the recent Perdy injury) came from a rusher from Mike McGlinchy's side.

They are planning to run 30Xs a game or more imo.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

I seldom post on the other forums. Maybe during game week. I live in Ca and have most my life. Have lots of Charger friends. I dont post much on Chiefs boards because , like most of us, they are homers with rose colored glasses. I like to visit this forum to learn more about the competition and this is a reasonably sane forum. Sorry you think I gloat. Im surprised. I just don't see that. I offer info for those that may want a little insight on KC. I use the AFC West Thread and Other Teams Thread. Also don't see 6 automatic wins. I have consistently complimented the Chargers and in many cases been more complimentary and positive about the team than some here.

Like I said, you're a decent guy, and your posts are insightful. But you guys pretty much own the AFC West - if not the entire AFC - and all I see is a Patriot-like dynasty for you in the next 7-10 years. So any 'complimentary' posts, while nice, don't really ring true and really don't make this poster, at least, feel any better about my team. Kinda feels a little condescending, in fact. "Don't worry, little Charger fans, your day will come!" as you hoist your next Lombardi Trophy. In other words, you deserve to gloat. I just don't like reading it.

Comment

• fanatic
              Registered Chiefs Fan
              • Dec 2021
              • Southern California
              • Realtor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I work closely with a KC fan/gloater, you're not that.
              I like to keep it real, we're (LAC) are up against the toughest task in franchise history imo and that's winning the division from "New New England" type dynasty.
              If/when we fail to do so like last season, it'll be horrible and if/when we do it'll be the most thrilling time of my sports life.
              Im a life long Chiefs fan and I know the agony of defeat. Im thrilled to have a really good team after so many years of NOT GOOD. I dont take it for granted.

I have stated many times that KC has also had its fair share of good luck and few serious injuries lately. The Chargers are the opposite with lots of bad luck and so many injuries. I think the Chargers are as good as KC if they can just stay healthy. Herbert is elite. He just needs guys to stay on the field and thank goodness you changed OC.

Comment

• fanatic
                Registered Chiefs Fan
                • Dec 2021
                • Southern California
                • Realtor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Like I said, you're a decent guy, and your posts are insightful. But you guys pretty much own the AFC West - if not the entire AFC - and all I see is a Patriot-like dynasty for you in the next 7-10 years. So any 'complimentary' posts, while nice, don't really ring true and really don't make this poster, at least, feel any better about my team. Kinda feels a little condescending, in fact. "Don't worry, little Charger fans, your day will come!" as you hoist your next Lombardi Trophy. In other words, you deserve to gloat. I just don't like reading it.
                So you dont really want to discuss the AFC West? Sorry you dont feel good about your team. Thats your choice. Unfortunate you think I am condescending. I dont hang out here. I show up around game week and now during free agency. I learn more from fans on this board about the Chargers than listening to the so called experts. Its fun.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Im a life long Chiefs fan and I know the agony of defeat. Im thrilled to have a really good team after so many years of NOT GOOD. I dont take it for granted.

I have stated many times that KC has also had its fair share of good luck and few serious injuries lately. The Chargers are the opposite with lots of bad luck and so many injuries. I think the Chargers are as good as KC if they can just stay healthy. Herbert is elite. He just needs guys to stay on the field and thank goodness you changed OC.
                  This...
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

So you dont really want to discuss the AFC West? Sorry you don't feel good about your team. Thats your choice. Unfortunate you think I am condescending. I dont hang out here. I show up around game week and now during free agency. I learn more from fans on this board about the Chargers than listening to the so called experts. Its fun.
                    I don't want to discuss the AFC West with a Chiefs' fan. Nothing against you personally, just kinda rubs me the wrong way. If the situations were reversed I'd never go on the Chiefs, or Raiders, or Broncs - or any other teams' - board and discuss football. Sorry, that's just me. And I don't feel good about my team because there's nothing to feel good about. That's the reality for as long as the current ownership is in charge.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Damn it. TranquilL signs with KC

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

I don't understand why Tranquill would sign a one year contract after the career year he had last year. I further don't understand why he would do it with a team not hurting for linebackers.

And finally why a fucking division rival bro?

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

1 year contract for $5 million - kind of head scratching.

Comment

Working...
                          X