• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Kendericks is better than Dru Tranquill in coverage. Kendricks is all around better.

He is better than Drue but I'd have rather keep Drue and traded Murray. But I'd have said no to him.as well. Even 7 mil is too much.

If we draft a LB day 2 and he can start, great. If we draft Sanders or even Campbell, trade Murray during the draft.

I've seen enough.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Horrible.
      if he had other reasonable choices, I can't wait to hate DT.

Your podcasts suck!!
      Ha.
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

His base is 3 million.

Pretty much the same thing that happened to Orlando Brown. According to the san diego beat writer, they really wanted Tranquil back and offered him $~6m a year on a multi-year deal. But he wanted $9m. They said no and signed Eric Kendricks. Tranquil didn't get what he was looking for from anyone else and signed this as a 1 year prove it deal. Only bad thing is it's only a 1 year deal.
        Is Gay a FA? If not I don't see Tranquill starting in KC. Bolton is pretty damn good.

Comment

• fanatic
          Registered Chiefs Fan
          • Dec 2021
          • Southern California
          • Realtor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Is Gay a FA? If not I don't see Tranquill starting in KC. Bolton is pretty damn good.
          Gay is not a free agent. Third year player. Tranquill is the 4th linebacker. Needed a coverage LB. Spags loves to mix it up and BLITZ.

It was recently implied by Chris Jones that he has agreed to a new contract and will be a Chief for life. So KC likely has more money to play with this year than currently reported. I think his current cap hit would be north of 25 million. So a long term deal will reduce that number for this year.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Gay is not a free agent. Third year player. Tranquill is the 4th linebacker. Needed a coverage LB. Spags loves to mix it up and BLITZ.

It was recently implied by Chris Jones that he has agreed to a new contract and will be a Chief for life. So KC likely has more money to play with this year than currently reported. I think his current cap hit would be north of 25 million. So a long term deal will reduce that number for this year.
            Good fit with Drue. Former safety with ball skills & good speed.
            Chris Jones

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

Hate seeing Tranq leave, epsecially to Chefs
              Havent watched Kendricks play

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He is better than Drue but I'd have rather keep Drue and traded Murray. But I'd have said no to him.as well. Even 7 mil is too much.

If we draft a LB day 2 and he can start, great. If we draft Sanders or even Campbell, trade Murray during the draft.

I've seen enough.
                $7m? Reports are that Drue is getting $5m

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                  Tranquil’s regard of getting a ring with the Chargers…very poor. The fact that the Chiefs deal is only for one year and for less money than he could have gotten elsewhere and the fact that he will be playing off the bench speaks volumes of how he regards the Chargers organization and how much he regards his chances of getting a ring with the Chiefs.
                  IMO Tranquil doesn’t give a damn about rings, organizations, or any of that crap, he just wants to get paid. He has like 3 kids already and was only a 4th round pick. He blew his opportunity signing a decent multi-year deal here and goes to a place where he’ll be playing in prime time multiple times and have a good chance at a deep playoff run. One year of decent production & someone will give him that contract he wants.

As a player KC is gonna have a hard time getting him off the field.

Comment

• LarryAW
                    Chargers fan since 1970
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Chula Vista, CA
                    • retired paralegal/court reporter
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Good fit with Drue. Former safety with ball skills & good speed.
                    Chris Jones
                    Smart move by the Chiefs (as usual) getting the cerebral Drue. Who better than a guy who understands this defense the way that Drue does?

Comment

• LarryAW
                      Chargers fan since 1970
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Chula Vista, CA
                      • Send PM

I seldom post on the other forums. Maybe during game week. I live in Ca and have most my life. Have lots of Charger friends. I dont post much on Chiefs boards because , like most of us, they are homers with rose colored glasses. I like to visit this forum to learn more about the competition and this is a reasonably sane forum. Sorry you think I gloat. Im surprised. I just dont see that. I offer info for those that may want a little insight on KC. I use the AFC West Thread and Other Teams Thread. Also dont see 6 automatic wins. I have consistently complimented the Chargers and in many cases been more complimentary and positive about the team than some here.

So this is a time of year its fun, entertainment, to see what the competition thinks of all the moves being made.
                      I enjoy your insights here. When it comes to your team's moves, I usually say "Oh, fuck."

We all have different life experiences and often view the same situation(s) very differently as a result. I do not view you as being arrogant. and you have been very complimentary of the Chargers, especially last year. Some must have missed it.

Comment

• LarryAW
                        Chargers fan since 1970
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Chula Vista, CA
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

IMO Tranquil doesn’t give a damn about rings, organizations, or any of that crap, he just wants to get paid. He has like 3 kids already and was only a 4th round pick. He blew his opportunity signing a decent multi-year deal here and goes to a place where he’ll be playing in prime time multiple times and have a good chance at a deep playoff run. One year of decent production & someone will give him that contract he wants.

As a player KC is gonna have a hard time getting him off the field.
                        Players don't like one-year contracts. If Drue were to suffer a career-ending injury, he'll have a lot less money in his pocket.

A lot of UFAs we have go out and test the waters, don't like what they're offered, and come back and re-sign with the Chargers. Drue might have been doing the same thing. Unfortunately, with Kendricks waiting in the wrings, and not truly knowing whether or not they could re-sign Drue, the Chargers made the correct move and signed Kendricks.

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

IMO Tranquil doesn’t give a damn about rings, organizations, or any of that crap, he just wants to get paid.
                          He left to join the Super Bowl champions on a one-year deal. I'd wager it's just the opposite.

Comment

Working...
                          X