• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Wow. I didn't know that. The Ravens have been decimated and it seems like it is their best and key players they are losing. Bet they wish they had Brown back now. BTW I read Brown is struggling in the KC offense (so far) and does not look like the same player.
    TG
    This is what a lot of us warned people regarding Brown. He got protected in a run heavy scheme in Baltimore. It’s different in KC when you have to pass protect more.

Comment

• Lyth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I see him a guard depth with the potential to be a starting guard next year.
      Lots of people thought Slater was a guard too. Gotta trust the coaching staff to put the best players on the field.

Comment

• Craig440
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Posted this a while back. Tend to agree with Wu though. Might not want to break up the good chemistry between Slater and Feiler.

I'm on the keep them together also. I remember back in the Fouts days our OL was a huge strength and Fouts credited it to their chemistry and consistent work together.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Short term they will start Norton. If he holds up, just similar to last week, they will probably leave it at that unless Bulaga clears medical to play in 4-5 weeks. They will add some chipping and chirping support to slow down that side. I doubt thats Kitty, though - he doesn’t seem to be coming up to speed and gaining any coach’s favor. They’ll just chip and divert with what they otherwise are putting on the field and not create a Kitty package.

Several weeks into Slater’s acclimation to NFL, if Norton isn’t holding up well, they could move Feller out to RT once they feel Slater is solid (which he will be). They could then play Scho or Jaimes at LG. I get they wouldn’t want to do that to Slater on opening day, but that may not be a permanent thing either if emergency measures are needed.

If Norton went down the first series on Sunday- would they send in Jaimes or Scho, and to where?
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

Lots of people thought Slater was a guard too. Gotta trust the coaching staff to put the best players on the field.
            Coaches see Jaimes as an OG as that is where he played all TC/PS.
            This is Storm’s opportunity to earn another contract by showing he can play solid when called upon.
            Look for another OT prospect to be drafted day 1/2 next offseason to replace Bulaga (which by cutting frees up another $11+ in cap space). We can resign Aboushi, Qberry, and Norton (if he plays well) for less than Bulaga’s Cap hit.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Trying to look at the glass half full -- give him time to recover. Its early in the season. If he needs four weeks, give him five weeks. And hopefully the team is in a position in Nov and Dec that a healthy Bulaga will be a nice boost to the OLine
              I thought he was doing good against Washington until he went down. Another thing is he is one of the highest paid players on the Chargers, so the team need to have their money's worth.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Bye week is early this year.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

Slater is a bit better than Jaimes.

I also don't know if he's ever played the right side. As we've seen with Sewell and others, switching sides is not a given. I think it's easier to bump from G to T on the same side (if you have T experience) than to switch sides as a T.

Comment

• perryao
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Well, crap.
                    Hey perryao !
                    Hey. haha.

Long time, no talk. How've you been?

Comment

• perryao
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Well, crap.
                      Hey perryao !
                      I hope that's a good "Well, crap". Not a- not that asshole again "Well, crap". haha.

Comment

• Tol
                        From Accounting
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Carlsbad
                        • Send PM

If anyone thinks Bulaga will be reliable coming off of IR, they're kidding themselves. The guys' back is shot. Couldn't even make it through 1 game with no preseason snaps and taking it very easy in the weeks leading up. His biggest accomplishment was helping secure Linsley. To that I say mission accomplished!

If Feiler is truly a better tackle than guard, then it should be a no-brainer. Jaimes to LG, and Scho is guard depth. That was the plan in training camp, right?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post

I hope that's a good "Well, crap". Not a- not that asshole again "Well, crap". haha.
                          Two separate, distinct points.
                          Understandable how they might get blurred...
                          :thumbsup:
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X