• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    I agree. I was really happy when they moved up to get him. He looked like a one-man wrecking ball in college, but he's disappointed me this year. However, he did play very well in the last 4/5 games last season so I'm guessing he's still adapting to the new defense.
    the new defense was meant to simplify things for him and turn him loose to be the wrecking ball. We’ve yet to see it

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

the new defense was meant to simplify things for him and turn him loose to be the wrecking ball. We’ve yet to see it
      That's right, he even said this defense will be better for his style. It makes me think he's nicked up. If that's the case they should have him sit out and heal.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• DragonIce
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2021
        • Arizona
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        That's right, he even said this defense will be better for his style. It makes me think he's nicked up. If that's the case they should have him sit out and heal.
        That's a bit of a jump, you are hypothesizing both an injury and one that should have had him sit...without any evidence.

The Chargers seem to have been putting a premium this season on player health/safety.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

That's a bit of a jump, you are hypothesizing both an injury and one that should have had him sit...without any evidence.

The Chargers seem to have been putting a premium this season on player health/safety.
          I did say "if that's the case".

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

An injury didn't make him overpursue.

Tranquill had 3 tackles and 1 TFL in the 10 or so snaps he was in for Murray.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

PFF

LOS ANGELES CHARGERS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (-6.5)

Matchup to watch: TE Travis Kelce vs. S Derwin James

The Athletic's Nate Taylor said in an interview this offseason, “There's been one defender who I've seen cover Travis Kelce effectively snap to snap. That player is Derwin James.”

James' coverage stats in games against Kansas City back up that statement. In three matchups since 2018, James has allowed three receptions to Kelce for just eight yards as the primary coverage defender. And Kelce totaled just 91 receiving yards on 92 routes combined in those three games.

It's a battle between two of the most unique talents in the league at their respective positions. Enjoy the fact that injuries haven't taken it away from us again.

Biggest storyline: First look at Patrick Mahomes squaring off against Brandon Staley's defense

Stylistically, Brandon Staley's Chargers defense has flashed similarities to his 2020 Rams defense through two weeks. Los Angeles has shown two-high safeties pre-snap on a league-high 85% of their defensive snaps, and they've had six or fewer defenders in the box 67% of the time (fourth). It's a defense built around limiting explosive passing plays. The Rams allowed just 41 gains of 20-plus yards last season (12 fewer than any other defense).

The Chiefs will test that philosophy better than perhaps any other offense in the league. Their 233 pass plays of 20 or more yards since Mahomes took over in 2018 rank second in the league to only Tampa Bay (253).

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Pressers….

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                    Tranq is good in coverage. Converted safety.

He was our best LB last week by a wide margin. Should have played more snaps.
                    I thought Drue could become Donnie Edwards 2.0, but an upgrade in run support. Edwards used to lead the Chargers in INTs. He just knew where to be. I think Tranquil could be that kind of player, but he's a bit heavier than DE, which gives him an advantage in stopping run.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The Ravens went all out to stop Tyreek Hill last week, and it worked, limiting him to 3 catches and 14 yards. If we can use Derwin to keep Kelce in check and then double and triple Tyreek, I think you live with getting beat by the likes of CEH, Hardman, Pringle, Robinson, and whoever else.

The question will be them trying to run the ball against our putrid run D. But I don’t think CEH is built to stuff it down a defense’s throat.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                        The Ravens went all out to stop Tyreek Hill last week, and it worked, limiting him to 3 catches and 14 yards. If we can use Derwin to keep Kelce in check and then double and triple Tyreek, I think you live with getting beat by the likes of CEH, Hardman, Pringle, Robinson, and whoever else.

The question will be them trying to run the ball against our putrid run D. But I don’t think CEH is built to stuff it down a defense’s throat.
                        No, KC isn’t built to run it down our throats. They definitely like to use the pass to set up the run more.

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Well this sucks if all three are out. Especially Bosa and Jones.

Comment

Working...
                          X