• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Chargers lost a game by three points on a 56 yard FG as time expired after a lot of fishy officiating and two TDs taken off the board and a FG clanked off the upright. Of course the season is over, Staley is incompetent, Herbert has regressed, we all knew that John Spanos would cause this, the offensive line coach has no idea what he is doing, and this defense will never be successful. There, that should last us for this week and if the Chargers lose on the road to the AFC Champs who are coming off two very close games, last one being a loss, then we can bold and underline and put exclamation points on all of it.

Seriously, we all have the right to complain, but sometimes it feels like we have never watched a football season before. Tampa looked pretty bad at times last season, just sayin'

Peace

TG
    Its as if they lost 45-0 and had their lunch stolen.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Chargers lost a game by three points on a 56 yard FG as time expired after a lot of fishy officiating and two TDs taken off the board and a FG clanked off the upright. Of course the season is over, Staley is incompetent, Herbert has regressed, we all knew that John Spanos would cause this, the offensive line coach has no idea what he is doing, and this defense will never be successful. There, that should last us for this week and if the Chargers lose on the road to the AFC Champs who are coming off two very close games, last one being a loss, then we can bold and underline and put exclamation points on all of it.

Seriously, we all have the right to complain, but sometimes it feels like we have never watched a football season before. Tampa looked pretty bad at times last season, just sayin'

Peace

TG
      I was not too bummed about Sundays game. Frustrating but I think some things - especially the red zone - are correctable

A bit concerned about run defense at this point. But if the team can fix the red zone things (and there is no doubt officiating has been dubious these two weeks) - bullish on Staley so far at least from a game management perspective

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
        I can't believe anyone here is questioning Herbert?!?!
        We watched for what, 17 years, while our previous QB made bad decision after bad decision, in tight ball games.
        This kid gives us a legitimate chance at a title, something frankly, we've not had since....when did we win the AFL title?.....well, almost forever.
        Give Staley more than 2 weeks, with his first team, against live opponents, to get JH and the O firing on all cylinders. I didn't agree with the starters not going in preseason( I was worried they'd look, well, undisciplined) so by week 4 or 5 hopefully everyone will be on the same page. Granted, we might be out of the hunt by then, but as long as JH is upright, we should be confident that we can win ANY game.
        F**k the Donks!
        F**k the Turds!
        F**k the Queefs!
        Go Bolts!
        Not criticizing Herbert, just putting everything in perspective.

The previous guy would have them routinely run out a Storm Norton at LT, a Pip at RT, and then throw in Michael Schofield over one of the guard spots for good measure.

And yet, if he so much as threw 1 interception in a 3 point loss,
        the howls would be deafening.

Throw in a delay of game and some here would be apoplectic.

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Herbert will keep us in the game I have no doubt, the key will be can our defense pressure Mahones, Bosa needs a big game I think our secondary has shown they can be good, Derwin no words need to be said he can do it all, Michael Davis has been solid, Asante Samuel has displayed good instincts as rookie and has an INT on the season, Chris Harris if health is a vet that knows how to be in position, our one questionable player in NAS has been better than last year and had a sure INT drop in the opener and went up high in the Dallas game would of been tough to come up with but prevented a touchdown, he seems to be coming around with that being said I think we have the secondary that can limit the big plays from KC we just need some pressure up front, and our other weakness is stopping the run, but it also has been KC weakness on offense 29th in the league in rushing yards.

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

CBS SINGLE

Anchorage
            Fairbanks
            Honolulu

LA Chargers @ Kansas City
            Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
            Kevin Harlan, Trent Green

Baltimore @ Detroit
            Greg Gumbel, Adam Archuleta

Indianapolis @ Tennessee
            Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Miami @ Las Vegas (LATE)
            Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

NY Jets @ Denver (LATE)
            Spero Dedes, Jay Feely

Source: https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=3

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I believe criticism of Herbert is justified. Our red zone offense is a pathetic mess. He was in charge of all 11 on every play we f***** up.

I like JH a lot as a player but being QB of a top NFL team means he has to have everyone ready to do their part.
              For the most part I think we were trying too hard, which suggests a lack of confidence.
              Hence Staley's "It's about us! TEAM!" Herbert has to help them feel it, trust themselves & each other on key plays to make a clean play.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                I believe criticism of Herbert is justified. Our red zone offense is a pathetic mess. He was in charge of all 11 on every play we f***** up.

I like JH a lot as a player but being QB of a top NFL team means he has to have everyone ready to do their part.
                For the most part I think we were trying too hard, which suggests a lack of confidence.
                Hence Staley's "It's about us! TEAM!" Herbert has to help them feel it, trust themselves & each other on key plays to
                make a clean play.

Agreed.
                JH needs to let Keenan know it is IMPERATIVE he not fall down on a timing route in the end zone. And needs to let MW know NOT to re-set whilst another receiver is already in motion.
                He has to have the confidence that his receivers will run the plays as Coach Lombardi draws it up, and as Herbert executes it.
                Again, I'm hoping this happens as our first team shakes off the off season rust.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Hence Staley's "It's about us! TEAM!" Herbert has to help them feel it, trust themselves & each other on key plays to make a clean play.
                  Is this a joke statement? From what we've gotten out of Herbert we should thank our lucky stars. Can't blame Herbert for all the teams penalties and the lack of a running game with a revamped oline. The only thing you can blame Herbert for is the one interception and the one play where he tried to extend the play in the red zone way to long before he got sacked. He played better than Dak and we lost as a team.

:whistlin:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

I agree with Jim to an extent. I feel like 'nice work from our ten yard line to theirs but, ........... now score a TD. The yards become a waste if you don't score the TD's!

How can we have anew and improved OL, a freat QB, very good receivers and not score more than 18 lousy points?

These coaches need to get out some Air Coryell tapes and see what they did to score 40 or more week after week.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      I agree with Jim to an extent. I feel like 'nice work from our ten yard line to theirs but, ........... now score a TD. The yards become a waste if you don't score the TD's!

How can we have anew and improved OL, a freat QB, very good receivers and not score more than 18 lousy points?

These coaches need to get out some Air Coryell tapes and see what they did to score 40 or more week after week.
                      Joe are ya listening? LOL! I think the complaint about Joe is that he made Matt Stafford Pedestrian as well.

:whistlin:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Not criticizing Herbert, just putting everything in perspective.

The previous guy would have them routinely run out a Storm Norton at LT, a Pip at RT, and then throw in Michael Schofield over one of the guard spots for good measure.

And yet, if he so much as threw 1 interception in a 3 point loss,
                        the howls would be deafening.

Throw in a delay of game and some here would be apoplectic.

23 years old vs 30's.

Rivers career INT rate 2.6%. Herbert career INT rate 1.9% (both of these are good)

Rivers had 5 seasons as bad or worse than Herbert's current INT rate this year.

Nature of the interceptions.

No delay of game this year so far. Certainly not multiple, plus multiple wasted time outs, in a single game.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X