• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Chiefs play at the Eagles next week which is not easy and Denver gets their first real test against the Ravens. IMO today’s win was huge and takes some pressure off going into the next game and now Staley can really start to tweak some stuff.

Comment

• DragonIce
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2021
      • Arizona
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      This team has warts. The good thing is that most of them are fixable (WITH TIME). We've had luck go both for and against us; it tends to even out over the season.

A list of good things:​​

2-1 (anyone who wouldn't take this pre season is lying or nuts)

1-0 in division

Multiple young players are showing notable improvement, or balling as rookies.

Herbert is even better than last year. Compare to the rookie QBs this year and be thankful.

My sentiments exactly. We don't have all the needed horses for a true title run this year (IMO), but this thing is going to build and build. I gotta believe that Slater and Samuel are both in top 10 of all rookies at this point. Lots of other teams would like a do-over to draft one of them.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
        I don't think many of you are appreciating the lack of big plays in the air this defense is giving up. That is the key to staying in games in the NFL. You are all worried about the run game ,which unless you're playing Tennessee, doesn't mean s*** in the long run. When we finish the season take a look at our point differential versus our opponent's average offensive points per game.
        Eh, I dunno. Doesn't it put a ton of pressure on Herbert when we continuously allow teams to run all over us? Because we don't have much of a running game to reciprocate.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post
          Between play calling, scoring, and penalties I’m not very impressed with Lombardi’s offense so far.
          He's actually not the guy on the field making the errors. He's calling the place that actually scored the touchdowns.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

I don't think many of you are appreciating the lack of big plays in the air this defense is giving up. That is the key to staying in games in the NFL. You are all worried about the run game ,which unless you're playing Tennessee, doesn't mean s*** in the long run. When we finish the season take a look at our point differential versus our opponent's average offensive points per game.
            It's like the Gom Jabbar in Dune. Tolerate the pain of the run or react and die to the pass.

We can and should be better against the run than we've been, but that's a matter of execution. The plan is to tolerate some 6 yard runs in order to have guys in the secondary ready and able to make plays on the ball.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
              This isn't refs. This is attention to detail by the offense.
              There was no second player that moved on that play. I have no idea why that was illegal motion. Our player was set before they went in motion.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

This SCREAMS of no discipline.
                Blame lies directly on man in charge.
                Bullshit.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

My sentiments exactly. We don't have all the needed horses for a true title run this year (IMO), but this thing is going to build and build. I gotta believe that Slater and Samuel are both in top 10 of all rookies at this point. Lots of other teams would like a do-over to draft one of them.
                  I think we at least make the playoffs...outside shot at making it to the championship game...

Comment

• DragonIce
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Arizona
                    • Send PM

I don't think many of you are appreciating the lack of big plays in the air this defense is giving up. That is the key to staying in games in the NFL.
                    Too many fans still think stopping the run is the key to victory.

The golden metric in winning...this has been proven by brainiacs studying thousands of games and looking at win correlation... The one stat that has a huge high win rate? QB efficiency. Not total passing yards, but passing efficiency. Teams who have the most efficient QB win about 75% of the time.

Today:
                    Herbert, 7.4 yards per pass
                    Mahomes, 5.9 yards per pass

Today:
                    Herbert, 4-0 TD/INT
                    Mahomes, 3-2 TD/INT

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Eh, I dunno. Doesn't it put a ton of pressure on Herbert when we continuously allow teams to run all over us? Because we don't have much of a running game to reciprocate.
                      Priority #1 in draft, after RT, is TWO quality D-linemen, preferably one run-stuffing DT and a solid Edge to bookend with Bosa...

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Forrest.jpg

TINTYPE Herbert - My Hero.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Iowachargers 70 View Post
                          I was yelling both times on the interceptions to get up and run. The first interception pinned the team up against the goal line. Second interception he could of gained a lot of yards back. You can't sit there and tell me that getting a turnover, then turning the ball back over on the return is a very high percentage. Each interception they had blockers. Just my .02.
                          Did you not see Asante giving up his body, fully extending, and landing on his chest after falling from six feet in the air?

As fans, sometimes we forget these are mortal beings out there, not gods, robots, or superheroes. Very few actual humans can hit the ground like that without getting injured, let alone hop up and spirit. He probably got the wind knocked out of him. Give ASJ a friggin break.

I’m not giving Alohi shit either. Securing the ball was too important at that junction. How often does Mahomes throw gift picks in the 4th quarter. Not often.
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X