POLL: If You Could Fix One Position on the Roster, Which Would it Be?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

wu will resist this Trencher madness to the ends of the Earth.
    :coffee:
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

As far as Bulaga goes, it is unknown whether this will be a three-week injury or three months. He has suffered through many injuries these last few years that everything is up in the air.
      Vote to cut Bulaga after the season. Build through the draft, and trade-up if needed to get 'the guy' at RT. Personally, I'm not going to go through another year of not-knowing if my RT can go.

AJ Smith said "It's better to cut a player a year too early than a year too late." That's where we are w/ Bulaga, IMO.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news...n-bulaga-on-ir

Vote to cut Bulaga after the season. Build through the draft, and trade-up if needed to get 'the guy' at RT. Personally, I'm not going to go through another year of not-knowing if my RT can go.

AJ Smith said "It's better to cut a player a year too early than a year too late." That's where we are w/ Bulaga, IMO.

And where i was with Mel last season. I wanted us to trade him as some NFL people still liked him at that time.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And where i was with Mel last season. I wanted us to trade him as some NFL people still liked him at that time.
          In 2020, I think being the oldest tenured Charger played some politics, in the decision to quietly and fully guarantee him after he was injured. It was a good will and goodbye move. They quietly gave him money, which was the Spanos way.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ditto.

His lame hold-out followed by his arrival in that stupid purple convertible, while rapping his own song that was blasting from the stereo…

It left a bad taste in my mouth.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
              Ditto.

His lame hold-out followed by his arrival in that stupid purple convertible, while rapping his own song that was blasting from the stereo…

It left a bad taste in my mouth.
              Yep...almost as bad as Jalen Ramsey showing up at Jags camp in a Brinks truck and demanding, "show me 'da money!"

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                Day One...
                • Mar 2019
                • Brentwood, 94513
                • Send PM

It would be a beautiful thing if we draft late in the first round and can get a stud at right tackle. Just so we can have bookends that grow together. That being said, what do you do if there are top grades db or lb. I rather get another cornerback that fits this defense.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                  It would be a beautiful thing if we draft late in the first round and can get a stud at right tackle. Just so we can have bookends that grow together. That being said, what do you do if there are top grades db or lb. I rather get another cornerback that fits this defense.
                  Yep. Need depth at CB. Staley’s D can never have enough. Plus, need someone to replace CHJ. Campbell might be the incumbent NB, but drafting a young stud like Gardner or McDuffie would look good, too.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Yep. Need depth at CB. Staley’s D can never have enough. Plus, need someone to replace CHJ. Campbell might be the incumbent NB, but drafting a young stud like Gardner or McDuffie would look good, too.
                    I love the “Sauce” but tons of CBs potentially in this class and a very strong UFA group.
                    As of Oct. 2 I’d be comfortable waiting till day 3 and then grab 2 DBs especially if we pick up an UFA.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

The eternal question.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I love the “Sauce” but tons of CBs potentially in this class and a very strong UFA group.
                        As of Oct. 2 I’d be comfortable waiting till day 3 and then grab 2 DBs especially if we pick up an UFA.
                        In a perfect world we’d get our RT in round 1, a guy like Petit-Frere, Penning, or Cross.

R2 would be a dominant DL. Maybe Mathis or Jordan Davis will be there.

And yes, the CB class is deeeep. Plus, I trust TT and Staley’s eye to find a gem or two in the later rounds. But if we target one in R3, I hope we look at Marcus Jones (who’s also an electric PR—already taken 2 to the house this year) or Roger McCreary. Both of those guys would get drafted in R1 or R2 in any other year.

I’d like additional OL and DL in the later rounds.

If somehow we managed to get Petit-Frere, Mathis, and Jones as our 1st three picks I’d be ecstatic.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I would rate the need for a solid, run-stuffing DT as a huge PON, on par with a solid, pass-blocking RT....
                          Last edited by Topcat; 10-03-2021, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X