• Show
Clear All
  • SBbound
    Casual fanatic
    • Feb 2019
    • Merced/San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I wish I could have gone to a game at the soccer stadium where the Chargers played their first three years in LA, but I never got a round to it.
    Enjoyed it there, thought it had a great California vibe. Great sight lines.
    SoFi is cool too in a different way, you have got to go. You can't beat Chargers football in person.

It's game day and time to head to the finest stadium on earth! Cheers!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

I think David, I mean Derek Carr is right about SoFi being like a home game, just like the Dallas game was season opener (from what I’ve heard). Now if they also have that same home cooked officiating, then there needs to be an investigation. It’s all good and fine in Coach Speak, we cost ourselves the game in stupid penalties, he can’t blame the obvious bias from a crew hell bent on sending a statement with agenda to control all aspects of the game, not just new taunting, illegal blocking downfield while ignoring dirty play, going low on the other side. If it’s sounds like I’m still pissed it’s because I am, and they got away with it.

Comment

• bartman83642
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        At this point of the season, overall seeding is only useful for waiver claims. That said, winning the next three games, all conference, will help for tie breakers.
        That is a good way to keep things in perspective.

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Just FYI, I haven't seen any update on Chris Harris's status for tonight. Apparently it's still a game-time decision.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
            Just FYI, I haven't seen any update on Chris Harris's status for tonight. Apparently it's still a game-time decision.
            I thought he was on-track to play?

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

My condolences to ChargersPulse. Instagram has been down for hours and it's game day.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                I think David, I mean Derek Carr is right about SoFi being like a home game, just like the Dallas game was season opener (from what I’ve heard). Now if they also have that same home cooked officiating, then there needs to be an investigation. It’s all good and fine in Coach Speak, we cost ourselves the game in stupid penalties, he can’t blame the obvious bias from a crew hell bent on sending a statement with agenda to control all aspects of the game, not just new taunting, illegal blocking downfield while ignoring dirty play, going low on the other side. If it’s sounds like I’m still pissed it’s because I am, and they got away with it.
                You and me both.Still say we should blue flu the bastards for a sunday and send a message to the greedy crooked ass NFL.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

My condolences to ChargersPulse. Instagram has been down for hours and it's game day.
                  Good, the world is a better place with it.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

There’s something awesome about MNF. I haven’t been this pumped for a MNF game in years. Our last awesome Rivers season was 2018, but we didn’t get any MNF games. 2014 we had an opening week MNF game in Arizona, so I was definitely excited for that one. But honestly, this reminds me of how excited I used to get for those LT/early Rivers teams from 2006-2009.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                      Chargers are the first shitty team from last season that the Raiders are playing. Every other team won at least 10 games last season.

Their playing really good football. Chargers can beat them though if they bring their A game, avoid penalties and turnovers.
                      This is not last year.

The Steelers are 1-3 and suck. The Dolphins are 1-3 and played the Raiders (and almost beat them) with Brissett at QB. The Ravens lost two RBs and a starting CB right before their game against the Raiders and still needed 4th quarter and OT fumbles to choke away the game against the Raiders. They are a lucky 3-0 team that caught 2 of their three opponents at just the right time.

Bradley is their easy to read DC that will not blitz very often. Perryman and Hayward are starting for them. And they have a bunch of our other rejects in Philon, Teamer and Square as reserves. None of their starting LBs run below 4.7. Hayward is slow and limited. Mullen sucks. Their pass rush is middle of the road at best. They have not played a QB ranked better than 24th this season. They do not exactly have quality depth at CB. Guyton has a chance to make some big plays in this game.

We should have beaten them twice last year and we have improved more than they have as we have Staley instead of Lynn, got James back, and have a much better OL than a year ago.

A win tonight puts us in first place in the division with a 2-0 record against divisional opponents.

I think we will get that win.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

I thought he was on-track to play?
                        Injury report has him as questionable, and last I heard it was a game-time decision. No update from any of the Chargers beat reporters on Twitter, unless I missed something along the way.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Here is why I am very encouraged going into tonight's game.

I know this offense is pretty good; it is going to get better every game and it is going to score. My question mark early in the season was the defense. But after three games I have a lot of faith in the defense too. I feel it is going to improve every week as Staley continues to put his imprint on it and the players learn their assignments. The defense is forcing turnovers and for the first time in I don't know how long, the team is in plus turnover differential territory. But too me the most impressive, and indicative, analysis is this:

The Chiefs are averaging 33.5 points per game, tied with the Bills for second most (the Cards are first with 35 ppg). Against the Chargers, at home, the only scored 24, their lowest output of the season.

The Cowboys are right behind the Chiefs, averaging 31.5 ppg. They only scored 20 pts against the Chargers, also their lowest output of the season.

WFT is #11, averaging 25.2 ppg. They only managed 16 pts against the Chargers' D, also their lowest output of the season.

The Chargers are 8th in points allowed per game, averaging 20. But the teams ahead of them haven't played the offenses the Chargers have. The Bills, for example, lead the league, allowing 11 ppg. But they have played the Steelers, Dolphins, WFT and the Texans. They shutout the Dolphins and Texans, both of whom are starting backups at QB.

The Bolts' defense is playing better than is immediately apparent. The Raiders' defense, on the other hand, at home allowed the Jacoby Brissett led Dolphins to score 28 points last week, and Brissett came within one dropped pass of beating the Raiders in OT. The previous week, the Jacoby Brissett led 'Fins were shutout at home by the Bills. They could only manage 17 pts at home v. the Colts yesterday. The 'Fins offense had its best game of the season on the road against the Raiders.

I just see the Chargers as the superior team on both sides of the ball. I also don't see the Chargers playing down to the competition, like they seem to under the three previous head coaches. In their one loss they played what we now know is one of the best teams in the league through 4 games. And in that game, I don't think the Cowboys out-played the Chargers, and it came down to a FG on the last play of the game.

This is why I am encouraged, for tonight's game and going forward.

Comment

Working...
                          X