Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
    I am thrilled any time Tiger is doing shitty. The PGA/media ride his sack even worse than the NFL/media rides Peyton Manning's. So whenever Tiger is struggling it makes me happy knowing that the coverage will begrudgingly have to show the rest of the golfers.
    I agree, but they still insist on showing him even though he is 13 over.....
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Just me, but if Tiger isn't in contention, I'm not watching. Clearly there are better players than him now, and nicer guys, but the game is not entertaining if he isn't around to rant around the course.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Just me, but if Tiger isn't in contention, I'm not watching. Clearly there are better players than him now, and nicer guys, but the game is not entertaining if he isn't around to rant around the course.

I guess you won't be watching much golf in the future.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
          I guess you won't be watching much golf in the future.
          Yep. Even as a San Diego fan, I just can't get behind watching Lefty. I have more favorites in NASCAR than in golf, and even if a 'bad' guy wins, it's still compelling.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            Yep. Even as a San Diego fan, I just can't get behind watching Lefty. I have more favorites in NASCAR than in golf, and even if a 'bad' guy wins, it's still compelling.
            Tiger did bring people into watching golf that didn't used to. Last one to do that was Arnold Palmer. Too bad he screwed his image up so badly (pun intended). Not only did he physically break down but he doesn't have the mental toughness that used to separate himself from the other great golfers.

Scary sight, Jason Day collapsed on the course complaining of vertigo.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Tiger did bring people into watching golf that didn't used to. Last one to do that was Arnold Palmer. Too bad he screwed his image up so badly (pun intended). Not only did he physically break down but he doesn't have the mental toughness that used to separate himself from the other great golfers.

Scary sight, Jason Day collapsed on the course complaining of vertigo.
              That happened to me in April. Turned out to be a very small stoke. My blood pressure was 240/140 in the ER, and that was the vertigo I was feeling.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Big Bear
                • Self-employed property manager.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                I agree, but they still insist on showing him even though he is 13 over.....
                joe-buckjpg-54b2087d96b830fc.jpg

"Damn near everyone in the field is kicking his ass, but let's return to non-stop coverage of Tiger Woods."

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Big Bear
                  • Self-employed property manager.
                  • Send PM

I just never can stand when the media/broadcasters get so firmly on one dude's sack. It just gets nauseating, and that's what we have with Tiger, and Peyton Manning in the NFL. I watch NFL Total Access every day, and they manage to find a way to talk about Manning every single day, often more than once. The other 31 QBs? We might hear about 1 or 2 of them, but I guarantee you if you tune in you will get Manning. I cannot wait until he retires, though we will get a bunch of non-stop ball-washing for awhile, then maybe it will calm down a bit until HOF time rolls around.

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

I just never can stand when the media/broadcasters get so firmly on one dude's sack. It just gets nauseating, and that's what we have with Tiger, and Peyton Manning in the NFL. I watch NFL Total Access every day, and they manage to find a way to talk about Manning every single day, often more than once. The other 31 QBs? We might hear about 1 or 2 of them, but I guarantee you if you tune in you will get Manning. I cannot wait until he retires, though we will get a bunch of non-stop ball-washing for awhile, then maybe it will calm down a bit until HOF time rolls around.
                    I canceled cable last month. Feels great.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      That happened to me in April. Turned out to be a very small stoke. My blood pressure was 240/140 in the ER, and that was the vertigo I was feeling.
                      I Hope you never have another one.
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The guy won 14 majors in a very short period of time and looked a cinch to beat Nicklaus' record. That says something considering there are more good golfers today than there were in Nicklaus's day. Add to that he was the most dominant athlete in his sport since Edwin Moses. He also brought people to the game that otherwise had no interest in it, just like Palmer. I used to root for him before the scandals came out. Now I don't.

Lots of good stories out there and with Woods out I expect the weekend will focus on them. Fox has never hosted a major before and Woods does bring up TV ratings.

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                          Yeah, that's a tad high I'd say. Did that once to myself when I took too much Robitussin in a day and spiked my BP. Crappy feeling to say the least. In Day's case I wonder if it isn't an inner-ear issue like Meniere's disease.

Comment

Working...
                          X