POLL: Is it Time to Fire Vizzy? - K Dustin Hopkins Signed!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Yes, it's time to end the Viz experiment. Not only can he not kick and extra point, his strong kickoff leg is not reaching the endzone very consistently (though to be fair it could be they are asking to make the other guys run the kick back - which is a whole different issue).
    If this is true, WHY take the risk of a big runback? Kicking it to the 2-yd. line with a running start is too risky...just boom it well into the EZ and be done with it...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

At least he opened up his hip and missed to the right this week. :facepalm1:
      Lean to the left
      Lean to the right
      Stand up, sit down
      Fight...

Aw, never mind...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am done with Vizzy - this was his last week

The Ravens kick off coverage team pinned the Chargers back all game

The Chargers - ehh, not great on Special Teams. Find a damn kicker Telesco
        Sign Project Verity...before he gets snapped up by another team...

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

So finally the people who have been defending him for several weeks now see the light?

This was an obvious move and should’ve been done much earlier.

His miss today was not surprising in the least, I would’ve been more shocked if he actually made it.
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• I was out of town(actually in SD watched game from there) but did not get to post today. Was thinking about the game on the drive back home to LA...my thoughts.
            Same as last week. The guy has to go immediately.

In fact...I am starting to lose some belief in Mr. Stalely..if he is unable to make this no brainer decision and take some action. These guys never seem to be able to fix themselves...at least in the same season...

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

- 69-74 record
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If this is true, WHY take the risk of a big runback? Kicking it to the 2-yd. line with a running start is too risky...just boom it well into the EZ and be done with it...
                They finally have a kicker with a strong enough leg to kick it out of the end zone and their actually game planning to purposely not use it?

Chargers STs just continues to suck year after year and new HCs don’t seem to make a difference. I wonder if some STs player the team cut cursed the Chargers for eternity or something.

- 69-74 record

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                  They finally have a kicker with a strong enough leg to kick it out of the end zone and their actually game planning to purposely not use it?

Chargers STs just continues to suck year after year and new HCs don’t seem to make a difference. I wonder if some STs player the team cut cursed the Chargers for eternity or something.
                  Yep...so, for kickoffs at least, the Bolts are using Vizzy the wrong way, IF they're telling him to kick the rock off short and high...I'd rather him boot it into the EZ...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                    Dizzy Vizzy looking a lot like Bankrupt Bags...

Comment

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...so, for kickoffs at least, the Bolts are using Vizzy the wrong way, IF they're telling him to kick the rock off short and high...I'd rather him boot it into the EZ...
                      I remember a time when there was a separate guy just for kickoffs right? If he can always kick it deep fine..but we cannot keep giving up PAT's for that. When the field goal kicker and the kick off guy started to be the same, I was a bit surprised...

Comment

• UglyTruth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                        11 pages?! Josh Lambo and that younghoe never got this much attention. There are plenty of talented kickers who have sucked before, it appears that's what Viz is. Time to move on.
                        Neither Lambo nor Koo missed this many extra points in a span of 5 weeks.

I’d say keeping Vizcaino at this point is basically punting the season away. I would only keep Vizcaino if the goal is to lose out after the bye and hope for a good draft pick to pick up some elite prospect for the DL.

But if the goal is to win then yeah releasing him should be the first transaction completed tomorrow.

- 69-74 record

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

It’s time for VIzcaino to go. MIght end up being a good kicker somewhere else. But just like Koo, unfortunately, his confidence is shot here.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X