• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Justin Jackson had his greatest moments last year catching dump off passes and then bursting upfield. i could see throwing some of the 6th and 7th round picks on RB's and see if catch lightning in a bottle. otherwise, there are bigger holes to fill. a solid RT would probably do more for our running game than a better RB would. No hole = no yards.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

That’s the thing, he is kinda built for a passing O, was hoping Rountree would come on as our between the tackles backup but, oh well. Maybe there’s some development this TC?

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        That’s the thing, he is kinda built for a passing O, was hoping Rountree would come on as our between the tackles backup but, oh well. Maybe there’s some development this TC?
        You have to give players their chances. Rountree has to make tackles on special teams, so that has a carry-over to when he plays offense.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

You have to give players their chances. Rountree has to make tackles on special teams, so that has a carry-over to when he plays offense.
          Pretty sure Rountree now will be given the opportunity Joshua Kelly was given. Someone mentioned Marlon Mack. If this guy is back I would LOVE this!

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Booker or Penny sign anywhere yet?

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              Booker or Penny sign anywhere yet?
              Penny...not yet. No idea about Booker. To be honest, I don't even know who Booker is!

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

D’Ernest Johnson tendered, which means we can match.

*crosses fingers*
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                  D’Ernest Johnson tendered, which means we can match.

*crosses fingers*
                  We have to make an offer and they can match......or not. With no compensation.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

What about Marlon Mack??????? IF he comes to the CHARGERS like this he could easily work well with AE... and our Oline could be something a RB would like to run behind if we add a good RT... Why not?

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                      What about Marlon Mack??????? IF he comes to the CHARGERS like this he could easily work well with AE... and our Oline could be something a RB would like to run behind if we add a good RT... Why not?

https://www.colts.com/video/highligh...for-63-yard-td
                      I like Mack, and have thrown his name out there a number of times. There are a lot of guys who aren't excited by the idea, however. He does has an injury history, but that fact - and the fact that he's buried deep on the Indy depth chart - probably makes him a good candidate for a bit of a discount (perhaps). He's still young; and, if he can stay healthy, would be an upgrade, IMO.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I like Mack, and have thrown his name out there a number of times. There are a lot of guys who aren't excited by the idea, however. He does has an injury history, but that fact - and the fact that he's buried deep on the Indy depth chart - probably makes him a good candidate for a bit of a discount (perhaps). He's still young; and, if he can stay healthy, would be an upgrade, IMO.
                        Mack is my pick and I’ve banged that drum for a while. He’s an UDFA this year and he’s projected at 2 years 5 million. Essentially a really good buy low on a young 1000 yard rusher who only lost his gig to injury. People don’t remember but he held off Jonathan Taylor in training camp Taylor’s rookie year. Mack is quite good and has the veteran presence to join and not need to adjust to the speed of the game. He was also healthy all of last year, there just wasn’t room for him. He’s got a lot of tread left on the tires, is cheap and could work well with AA.

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Mack is my pick and I’ve banged that drum for a while. He’s an UDFA this year and he’s projected at 2 years 5 million. Essentially a really good buy low on a young 1000 yard rusher who only lost his gig to injury. People don’t remember but he held off Jonathan Taylor in training camp Taylor’s rookie year. Mack is quite good and has the veteran presence to join and not need to adjust to the speed of the game. He was also healthy all of last year, there just wasn’t room for him. He’s got a lot of tread left on the tires, is cheap and could work well with AA.
                          I'm right there with you. He's a perfect fit for what they need. I've been talking about him since late last season as a possible running mate to Ekeler. And TT did used to love signing Colts.:whistlin:

Comment

Working...
                          X