X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Not sure I see love for Palmer. More like others are willing to be a bit patient to see how the guy develops.
    Some have said they prefer him to Guyton and would like to see him used as the #3 WR over Guyton. Since Palmer has demonstrated nothing so far and Guyton has, I see no basis for reducing Guyton's role or expanding Palmer's role.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

They may have to consider putting Ekeler in the slot at some point. He was the last player (besides Williams and Allen, who also get snaps in the slot) to be really productive there.

Roberts has also been a moderately productive slot guy over his career. He isn't going to scare too many DC, but with a QB like Herbert he can get a bunch of boring catches and keep the chains moving and there is at last some threat that he will take one of those boring underneath throws and makes someone miss.

Jenkins was a better S last year than Adderley last year, but he was a poor fit for our new secondary. He struggled the more he was asked to read the offense, and the new split secondary is nothing but asking the secondary to read while the play develops. Plus, Adderley is a developing player. At some point, you have to let the younger guys play, or they will never get better.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

I saw improvement in our return game today and I can see why we signed him. Hope he stays healthy he is going to break one.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
          I saw improvement in our return game today and I can see why we signed him. Hope he stays healthy he is going to break one.
          Agreed.
          Andre looked quick and just natural as a returner. Little jet-sweep action.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
            Also on Coverage.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
              The Precious
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Am I being greedy asking Roberts to go deep and let Justin cut it loose once or twice a game?

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Hes a good pickup decision. Bigger guy but decisive and doesnt go down easy. Glad he is on board.

Now if we could just shore up the run D.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Agreed.
                  Andre looked quick and just natural as a returner. Little jet-sweep action.
                  Looks like he can be used on the offense for the purpose of jet sweeps or WR reverse.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I liked his shiftiness and decision-making on returns. When was the last time we consistenly got the ball past the 25 yard line on kick offs? Good signing.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

Just wanted to say Roberts had a nice game, he got a little bit of blocking and made some yards with it
                      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Just finished watching yesterday's game.
                        First time in......????....that I was excited to watch a returner get a shot at making a play. I'm usually terrified!
                        Roberts is what a returner should be. Unbelievable that TT can't draft anyone with these skills.
                        Thank goodness for UDFA and FA otherwise we'd be in trouble.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                          Just finished watching yesterday's game.
                          First time in......????....that I was excited to watch a returner get a shot at making a play. I'm usually terrified!
                          Roberts is what a returner should be. Unbelievable that TT can't draft anyone with these skills.
                          Thank goodness for UDFA and FA otherwise we'd be in trouble.
                          I didn’t realize he was that big. I’m sure Justin and the offense will appreciate a extra short field possession per game. Go deep Justin! To Roberts! Touchdown!

Comment

Working...
                          X