• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Adderley has improved some, but I am not as high on him as some others are. I would say that he is now a decent safety, but I would not yet call him good. I agree with you about the injury thing as we lack quality depth at safety.

Guyton does a numbers of things well--receiver, ball carrier, returner.

The offense has the talent to be much better, but Lombardi's approach has not maximized our team's ability.
    Adderley has some flashes where it makes me think he could grow into a really good safety and some where he makes some really bad reads and is caught out of position. That could just be how complicated the D is and it taking time to get up to speed.

Guyton's biggest problem to me is he still drops too many passes. Maybe I'm just spoiled with how few Allen and Williams drop.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Adderley has some flashes where it makes me think he could grow into a really good safety and some where he makes some really bad reads and is caught out of position. That could just be how complicated the D is and it taking time to get up to speed.

Guyton's biggest problem to me is he still drops too many passes. Maybe I'm just spoiled with how few Allen and Williams drop.
      I agree on Adderley he has way more talent than Mr. Elite who was on the team last year, and you do see improvement in his game he needs to work on being consistent he has came up and made some key stops in the running game and should of had at least two INTs.

Guyton where he should shine with all the attention on Allen and Williams he just doesn't make enough plays with drops and doesn't seem to be getting deep like last year and if isn't doing that we mine as well use the rookie Palmer as the 3rd receiver.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Adderley has improved some, but I am not as high on him as some others are. I would say that he is now a decent safety, but I would not yet call him good. I agree with you about the injury thing as we lack quality depth at safety.

Guyton does a numbers of things well--receiver, ball carrier, returner.

The offense has the talent to be much better, but Lombardi's approach has not maximized our team's ability.
        Guyton has 2 returns for his career which are this season. A 22 yarder and a 10 yarder. Hardly a resume to call him a quality returner. He did not return kicks in college. Thus why we signed a return guy.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

He also almost peed his pants when mic'd up and sent to return a preseason punt. Kept saying how glad he was that he actually caught it. The Vizcaino of punt returners?

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Guyton has 2 returns for his career which are this season. A 22 yarder and a 10 yarder. Hardly a resume to call him a quality returner. He did not return kicks in college. Thus why we signed a return guy.
            As I noted in another post, Guyton had a good return (for 36 yards) that was called back due to penalty. It was the best return on any kickoff this year by any of our return men. It was pretty clear from that return that Guyton has potential as a return man. And even if you did not see that return, it is not too far out there to consider that given Guyton's speed and superior contact balance, he has the potential to stand out in a good way as a return man.

His lack of experience as a return man is certainly a legitimate issue to raise, but my discussion was more about his potential ability in that area and that he looked significantly better than Adderley, Hill and Rountree in that role in his limited opportunities.

I have no issue with Roberts taking over that duty if he is healthy because he has good experience in that role.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

He has an interesting running style. I saw it on a fly sweep he ran and then later on that good kickoff return. He pitter patters and takes short choppy steps but it seems to work for him. Looks odd to me.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

I agree on Adderley he has way more talent than Mr. Elite who was on the team last year, and you do see improvement in his game he needs to work on being consistent he has came up and made some key stops in the running game and should of had at least two INTs.

Guyton where he should shine with all the attention on Allen and Williams he just doesn't make enough plays with drops and doesn't seem to be getting deep like last year and if isn't doing that we mine as well use the rookie Palmer as the 3rd receiver.
                With no disrespect intended, I disagree with just about everything that you have said in the above post.

Jenkins is significantly better than Adderley. Notwithstanding his concerted effort this year to be more physical, Adderley is really more of a finesse, FS only kind of player. Jenkins plays both FS and SS effectively. Jenkins is a much more physical player than Adderley, something we are sorely missing on defense this year. Also, Adderley has been made of glass so far in his career. Jenkins has a huge advantage in terms of durability. Jenkins is a tick faster than Adderley as well.

That said, I can understand the decision to keep Adderley and not re-sign Jenkins because of the large salary difference and the opportunity to pick up an extra comp pick. But there is no way that Adderley is better than Rashawn Jenkins.

Turning to Palmer, he has been pretty much useless this year given his lack of production. And beyond that, he has not demonstrated a hint of even a single trait that would tend to generate the belief that he would produce if given a larger role in the offense.

If we did not shine a light on him by taking him in the third round and talking him up in the preseason, waiving him and signing him to the practice squad would be a more appropriate option than expanding his role. I wouldn't mind seeing Jason Moore on the field for us instead of Palmer as the #4 WR (if we added Moore and cut at a position other than WR). Moore is not faster than Palmer, but he is a little bigger and has a couple of superior athletic traits (37" vertical leap and good agility). I think it might be time to look at him as Palmer could not give us much less than he has given us so far.

We are misusing Guyton and he still has more than double the receiving yards of Palmer. Palmer is not close to being as good as Guyton. The false narrative of Guyton's drops is ridiculously over the top on this forum. Allen, Williams and Cook all have more drops than Guyton and nobody says a thing about their drop issues.

Sadly, I have seen nothing that makes me believe that Palmer was a good choice by us at 3-77. No flashes, nothing.

Comment

They both have more drops than Guyton.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

They both have more drops than Guyton.
                    But in how many targets? Don’t compare apples and elephants.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Lol ...boy Chain is grasping for anything now.
                      Guyton has 18 targets, Keenan has 58, MW has 56, Cook had 33. I think there were better players in the board at 77 bit I don't agree with Chains assessment of Palmer.

For one thing it's way too early and not every WR balls out as a rookie. Going off Vincent Jackson's rookie season and MW, they were busts according to Chain.

Consider the source.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Also consider Adderley started in his second season, which was really his rookie season and is better this year as well. Jenkins didn't start til year ....3?

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

But in how many targets? Don’t compare apples and elephants.
                          Guyton has been targeted 18 times, Allen 58 times and MW 56 times. While Allen and MW have dropped a few balls, we all know their hands are far superior to Guyton's.

Comment

Working...
                          X