Patriots at Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Could you imagine the arrogance and lack of awareness our guys would have had they escaped with a narrow victory?
    truly believe this is a blessing in disguise
    Non division road loss, oh well. Growing and learning.
    Not just the players - but possibly Telesco. I don't think Staley as he is a different cat. I think Staley saw the issues. But Telesco neglected the OL for many years because Rivers played every game and didn't take sacks.

Just reading and listening to national pundits - - -many think the Patriots are going to run all over the Chargers based on the Chargers rush defense - which is fair
    But they also seem to think that the Chargers might not make adjustments or their offense will be the one that played the Ravens and not the Chiefs, Browns or Raiders

The amount of love for the Patriots for what they WERE and not for what they ARE is astounding . And its one of the reasons the coverage on ESPN and NFLN has gone to s**t. The Patriots have beaten 2 of the 3 or 4 worst teams in the league.

If the Chargers can - they need a fifty burger this Sunday. And knock around Mac Jones a bit too - Staley needs a game plan to make his life terrible

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Honestly I feel like the Bills are the best if they can play to their potential. They should have beaten the Titans by a lot. But yeah, the Bengals are getting up there. The only thing holding them back is their ability to protect Burrows.
      How did their defense get so good - getting rid of Covington?

It was a disaster last year.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Not just the players - but possibly Telesco. I don't think Staley as he is a different cat. I think Staley saw the issues. But Telesco neglected the OL for many years because Rivers played every game and didn't take sacks.

Just reading and listening to national pundits - - -many think the Patriots are going to run all over the Chargers based on the Chargers rush defense - which is fair
        But they also seem to think that the Chargers might not make adjustments or their offense will be the one that played the Ravens and not the Chiefs, Browns or Raiders

The amount of love for the Patriots for what they WERE and not for what they ARE is astounding . And its one of the reasons the coverage on ESPN and NFLN has gone to s**t. The Patriots have beaten 2 of the 3 or 4 worst teams in the league.

If the Chargers can - they need a fifty burger this Sunday. And knock around Mac Jones a bit too - Staley needs a game plan to make his life terrible
        I circled this game on my calendar when the schedule was announced.

Staley has to show me that he can correct things, and give as good as he takes against the sorcery of the Evil one.

Lynn & Bradley just stuck out their chins and attempted to absorb solid right crosses for 4 quarters.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

It's funny,
          I have absolutely no inclination to check out any Patriot forums.

Gives me the shivers just contemplating entering those grey little rat's nests of arrogance and the rancid putrefaction of Patriot Glory;
          The sacred traditions pushed to the hilt with fucking things like Brady's corner, or BB's lounge (goddammit, BB is Bridget Bardot!)

Just to enter, they probably require all heathens (guests) to observe some fucking sacred Patriot ritual and dawn symbolic garments.
          I doubt they have any thread on the upcoming game: it's fucking beneath them to acknowledge most other teams as anything but sacrifices to the great Patriot alter.

Fuck them! I have to stop, i'm breaking out in a cold sweat.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I circled this game on my calendar when the schedule was announced.

Staley has to show me that he can correct things, and give as good as he takes against the sorcery of the Evil one.

Lynn & Bradley just stuck out their chins and attempted to absorb solid right crosses for 4 quarters.
            Staley said last week was about fixing things with the Chargers and not game planning for the Patriots. So the team brought in Hopkins and Roberts to help the Kicker and Return aspects

Staley also mentioned that he wanted to work on 1st and 2nd down to create shorter down and distance on 3rd down. See what happens.

I think Staley will have some tweaks to the scheme, personnel, etc - see if works or not. But the Patriots, though they have a good running game, are not the Browns or Ravens. And lastly, I hope the Chargers smack Mac Jones around - a bunch of sacks and hits.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

They managed to hit on their FA pickups, which doesn’t always happen in FA.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Young draft picks developing is part of the answer.
                There are bumps and bruises with growing young talent.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Staley said last week was about fixing things with the Chargers and not game planning for the Patriots. So the team brought in Hopkins and Roberts to help the Kicker and Return aspects

Staley also mentioned that he wanted to work on 1st and 2nd down to create shorter down and distance on 3rd down. See what happens.

I think Staley will have some tweaks to the scheme, personnel, etc - see if works or not. But the Patriots, though they have a good running game, are not the Browns or Ravens. And lastly, I hope the Chargers smack Mac Jones around - a bunch of sacks and hits.
                  I hope for that too but I just can’t see it, bill is going to do what everyone else has been doing, double and triple team joey, run at joey, and throw quick short passes which is actually something mac jones has been doing well. Unfortunately I think the patriots matchup well with the chargers, if the chargers don’t manage to play better against the run, then the patriots have a legit shot win this game. Last year belichick made herbert look really bad, I’m expecting herbert to have a ravens type game in that he’ll throw for below his usual yardage and so our running game has to step it up a couple of notches. On paper the chargers should win but it’s the patriots so nothing is going to be easy.
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

one thing to remember, is this is the last dominating defense we will see until the playoffs...... if we can find consistent ways to score, and win this game, it should bode well for rest of season..... if we are dominated like last week and last year, then we may still make playoffs, but will likely not advance....

still cant believe players and coaches have not reviewed last years NE game???..... i sincerely hope they are lying since there has to be alot to be learned from that game as well as the ravens game.....

bellycheat will try and take away MW, KA, and Ekler..... will chargers backups step up to make a difference?

NE's defense is very strong and deceptive...... their OL is strong and they are loaded at RB, TE, and their WR's are not bad.... and they have the smartest best playing rookie QB......

Brady barely scored on them because they confused and pressured him..... TB won because TB can shut down the run....... Chargers are worst at stopping the run......

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

chargers allow everyone to run at will.... even chiefs who are not a running team...... raiders stupidly gave up on running.....

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post