Patriots at Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
    one thing to remember, is this is the last dominating defense we will see until the playoffs...... if we can find consistent ways to score, and win this game, it should bode well for rest of season..... if we are dominated like last week and last year, then we may still make playoffs, but will likely not advance....

still cant believe players and coaches have not reviewed last years NE game???..... i sincerely hope they are lying since there has to be alot to be learned from that game as well as the ravens game.....

bellycheat will try and take away MW, KA, and Ekler..... will chargers backups step up to make a difference?

NE's defense is very strong and deceptive...... their OL is strong and they are loaded at RB, TE, and their WR's are not bad.... and they have the smartest best playing rookie QB......

Brady barely scored on them because they confused and pressured him..... TB won because TB can shut down the run....... Chargers are worst at stopping the run......
    A few things:
    1) I don’t think NE’s defense is dominating. If it was, it would have done better against the Cowboys and a rookie Texan QB.

2) This won’t be the last tough defense we face this season.

3) The Buccaneers beat NE because Belichick played too conservative.

4) As for why they didn’t review last season’s game, what use would it be? It was a different coaching staff. It was more productive to review other Patriot game film from this year, especially since last year’s film didn’t have Mac Jones as QB. Using the bye week to also re-examine the Chargers current weaknesses was also more important since a lot of issues against the Patriots last year were self afflicted mistakes.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
      Lol at the Patriots list. Brady was on it every single week when he played there

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        No Justin Jones on the list is nice.
        I don't think he will be listed until he's been added to the 53-man roster, which he hasn't been. He has returned to practice, which starts the 21-day clock to move him onto the 53-man roster from IR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Lynn, Pagano, McCoy and Bradley might be coaching on Sunday but they will not be coaching the Chargers . And anything the team might have done in the past - means nothing, This is Brandon Effing STaleys team and he is going to do a better job of preparing this team than those guys.

Not that the loss to the Ravens was good - but if they use it correctly as a somewhat wake up call - the patriots are in for a long day
          The issue is that Staley's preferred defensive game plan does not defend what McDaniels has historically liked to do very well. We play a deep shell which forces teams to try to throw short and run. Throwing short and running is what the Patriots in McDaniels' system have preferred to do for years and years.

Generally, I think it is not a good idea to let the opponent do exactly what the opponent wants to do. So, I am hoping that Staley makes significant adjustments to the defensive game plans that we have seen in other games. If we let the Pats nickel and dime us to death, that is exactly what they will do.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Belicheck continues to make a mockery of the rules and flaunt it. Another reason to not like him
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Lol at the Patriots list. Brady was on it every single week when he played there
              This looks similar to Baltimore’s. I’m not buying it.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Last year’s game between the Rams and Pats they beat them 24-3. I’m pretty sure Staley haven’t forgot the game plan yet.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                  Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Palm Springs
                  • I know nothing
                  • Send PM

Is There Money to Be Made Betting Against the Public? - The Ringer Gambling Show | Podcast on Spotify

Very interesting conversation beginning at about 38 minutes

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
                    Last year’s game between the Rams and Pats they beat them 24-3. I’m pretty sure Staley haven’t forgot the game plan yet.
                    NE offense is pretty different though.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

I don't think he will be listed until he's been added to the 53-man roster, which he hasn't been. He has returned to practice, which starts the 21-day clock to move him onto the 53-man roster from IR.
                      Yeah suddenly realized that. Hopefully he’s ready to play this Sunday.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Anyone with a bruise is on it.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
                          Cam Newton could not throw the ball and Mac Jones can. Newton is a mistake prone QB. Jones has completed over 70% of his passes (and only has a 7.2 YPA). If we let them dink, dunk, and run, I think they will do exactly that all day long. Also, Agholor is the only WR they have with even sub-4.5 speed, so I question the ability of the Patriots to stretch the field. Bourne and Meyers run in the 4.6s for Pete's sake (molasses for a WR).

The question I have is whether or not Staley will significantly alter his deep cover shell to account for NE's preference to throw short and run and lack of speed of most of the receivers.

Comment

Working...
                          X