Patriots at Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    One thing I've learned is that Belichick always has his team ready. We'll face a different defense than we expect. His special teams will excel and his pass defense is always good. If you are expecting an easy game, you've no doubt missed all the recent games we've played against them. I look for a very difficult game. Can our young coach bring us home a winner against the best HC in the league? I'm sure hopeful but I do not expect a walk in the park.
    agree..... and bellycheat even made brady struggle to barely win....... this will be a tough game.....

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree..... and bellycheat even made brady struggle to barely win....... this will be a tough game.....
      He probably knows his tendencies.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Honestly I feel like the Bills are the best if they can play to their potential. They should have beaten the Titans by a lot. But yeah, the Bengals are getting up there. The only thing holding them back is their ability to protect Burrows.
        You know, I honestly don't know if the Bills are as good as the get credit for. They have not beaten a winning team. The 3-3 Steelers beat them in Buffalo. They beat the 3-4 Chiefs, the 2-5 WFT, and a pair of 1-6 teams. They have had the easiest schedule in the conference by far, the teams they have faced are a collective .366, compared to the Chargers, who have had the most difficult schedule in conference, playing teams that are a collective .511 and have the same 4-2 record. The only winning team the Bills have played - the Titans - beat them. The win in KC that initially looked so impressive doesn't appear as impressive now. The Bills don't have many tough teams on their remaining schedule. They have the Pats twice, the Buccaneers and the Colts. The remainder are cream puffs. So they may cruise to the AFC East title, but when they get into the playoffs and have to start playing good teams, we will find out what they are made of.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Linsley and Feiler aren’t fading stars on a bargain deal.
          Linsley and Feiler are not defensive tackles; Joseph & Mebane are/were

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Linsley and Feiler are not defensive tackles; Joseph & Mebane are/were
            And what does that have to do with the future? Both Mebane were decent mid tier signings but were never meant to be a big name FA pick ups. TT ended up giving Corey Liuget a big extension in 2015 and it seemed warranted at the time even though hindsight shows us otherwise. If there’s a need, he’ll get it in FA and the draft especially if that’s what Staley want.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

And what does that have to do with the future? Both Mebane were decent mid tier signings but were never meant to be a big name FA pick ups. TT ended up giving Corey Liuget a big extension in 2015 and it seemed warranted at the time even though hindsight shows us otherwise. If there’s a need, he’ll get it in FA and the draft especially if that’s what Staley want.
              TT historically has undervalued defensive tackles in the draft and free agency.
              His mid tier signings happen to be old, and the first one started to fall apart before year 3.
              He has had limited success with the position.

What does it have to do with the future? Maybe nothing.
              Currently, its a big problem.
              They have to get two free agents as starters this off season and they'll have to cut bait with Tillery the following year.
              Thinking the issue can be resolved in the draft is wrongheaded....they will be depth next year.
              Very, very few rookie DTs are ready to start in the NFL
              Will Telesco spend money on two free agents?
              Will he just sign one, put Tillery beside him, gamble on one rookie day 1-2 DT as the 3rd tackle, and get the usual mob of rookie free agents and bottom basement vets to fill out the roster? That is Telesco's past.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

TT historically has undervalued defensive tackles in the draft and free agency.
                His mid tier signings happen to be old, and the first one started to fall apart before year 3.
                He has had limited success with the position.

What does it have to do with the future? Maybe nothing.
                They have to get two free agents as starters this offseason.
                Thinking the issue can be resolved in the draft is wrongheaded....they will be depth next year.
                Very, very few rookie DTs are ready to start in the NFL.
                TT seemed to have undervalued safeties as well, especially after the Weddle dispute, until Derwin was drafted. If we go after quality starting DTs, it’ll be because that’s the direction Staley wants and the team needs.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Bobby Beathard signed Shawn Lee and Ruben Davis in the offseason of the Super Bowl.
                  Beathard could find quality defensive tackles in his sleep.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    One thing I've learned is that Belichick always has his team ready. We'll face a different defense than we expect. His special teams will excel and his pass defense is always good. If you are expecting an easy game, you've no doubt missed all the recent games we've played against them. I look for a very difficult game. Can our young coach bring us home a winner against the best HC in the league? I'm sure hopeful but I do not expect a walk in the park.
                    Belichick has a losing record as a HC when Tom Brady isn't his starting QB.
                    Let me be clear.
                    Belichick is a Loser without Brady.
                    Loo ooo ooo Zer!

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Belichick has a losing record as a HC when Tom Brady isn't his starting QB.
                      Let me be clear.
                      Belichick is a Loser without Brady.
                      Loo ooo ooo Zer!
                      He has a winning record with Garopollo as his starter too lol. And the QB from USC they drafted in the 7th round and started when Brady was hurt. Forget his name off hand.
                      THen he was awful when he left NE.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He has a winning record with Garopollo as his starter too lol. And the QB from USC they drafted in the 7th round and started when Brady was hurt. Forget his name off hand.
                        THen he was awful when he left NE.
                        Matt Cassel.

that’s the last time we beat em. 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by blueman View Post

That would seem to be ideal. Then again, we have a way of making rookie QBs look like HOFers.
                          If we play deep coverage against the McDaniels' short, safe pass and run system, we just might do it again.

Comment

Working...
                          X