Patriots at Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    :umm:

So how much did you win betting on them to win Superbowl, since it was obvious to you as many as 15 QB would have won the Superbowl too? You do realize the roster is different if Brady doesn't sign. Pierre Paul and Suh were free agents that could have left. Gronk, Fournette, AB. They showed up because of Tom.

Your assertion of what happens when sports is organic as if QBs are mechanical cogs that can easily be substituted for is mind boggling to me. It simply doesn't work that way, never has, never will.
    Funny. Do you think the Bolts would have signed all that extra talent if they signed Brady? I don’t. I think they’d say “we’re good” and call it a day. Talent wins and you need to stockpile it if you want to make a run at the SB.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

This game has me really worried. There is a part of me that thinks the Ravens and Browns completely exposed us defensively and we will struggle the rest of the way to overcome that (regardless of any trade). That maybe this team is not quite what we thought it was after the Chiefs and Raiders wins? BB is a master at taking away your strength and exposing your weakness, one of the best all time. That combined with the BB experience against our rookie head coach if the game comes down to the wire (which it will).

I am holding out hope that we have some sort of an advantage coming off the bye week! We just have to be better overall with the ST and also be more physical than them up front or it could be a long day.

I agree that this game will be the pivot point for the rest of the season.
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
        This game has me really worried. There is a part of me that thinks the Ravens and Browns completely exposed us defensively and we will struggle the rest of the way to overcome that (regardless of any trade). That maybe this team is not quite what we thought it was after the Chiefs and Raiders wins? BB is a master at taking away your strength and exposing your weakness, one of the best all time. That combined with the BB experience against our rookie head coach if the game comes down to the wire (which it will).

I am holding out hope that we have some sort of an advantage coming off the bye week! We just have to be better overall with the ST and also be more physical than them up front or it could be a long day.

I agree that this game will be the pivot point for the rest of the season.
        I trust Staley to adjust his schemes to compensate for weaknesses that cause us to lose.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I trust Staley to adjust his schemes to compensate for weaknesses that cause us to lose.
          And the offense is too good to put up 6 points - and that was after a turnover.

I expect the offense to move the ball. The Cowboys moved it pretty well on the Patriots through the air.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Anyone have a stat pic showing what part of the field Herbert throws to so far? You know, how many passes to the outside part of the field, how many to the center of the field? It seems a large percentage are to the left and right side and less passes to the middle. Thanks to a stat guy if you have that info and post it.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Funny. Do you think the Bolts would have signed all that extra talent if they signed Brady? I don’t. I think they’d say “we’re good” and call it a day. Talent wins and you need to stockpile it if you want to make a run at the SB.
              You would hope they Bolts front office would have been smart enough to say yes to whatever Tom said he needed. If they would told him no, we're good, then they deserve the results they get.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Like he did in Baltimore?
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

This will be a completely different game than last year.

Chargers o-line is much improved.

Last year they had Gilmore playing and Chargers had Derwin out. This year Chargers have Derwin and Patriots no longer have Gilmore.

Our defense scheme is much different than last year.

And the Patriots QB is different too.

We also have different returner and kicker.
                  Badly missed 2 FG that day.

And they lost turnover battle 0-2.

This is a new team and a new game.
                  Chargers 30
                  Patriots 20
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

:umm:

So how much did you win betting on them to win Superbowl, since it was obvious to you as many as 15 QB would have won the Superbowl too? You do realize the roster is different if Brady doesn't sign. Pierre Paul and Suh were free agents that could have left. Gronk, Fournette, AB. They showed up because of Tom.

Your assertion of what happens when sports is organic as if QBs are mechanical cogs that can easily be substituted for is mind boggling to me. It simply doesn't work that way, never has, never will.
                    That's true, he brought over players who wouldn't be there: namely Gronk & Antonio Brown.
                    I got the impression that Fournette was available to anyone, and Paul/Suh are hired guns.
                    Its my understanding though that Brady was in the draft room, selecting Wirfs and Winfield.

I don't even consider betting on anything....you never know with injuries and the new people brought in.
                    The real question is why you didn't bet on GOAT and all that talent he was surrounded by.

I have no idea what you were trying to say with the organic and mechanical cogs bit.
                    Tampa jettisoned one qb and brought in another - they added a lot of new parts.

Off the top of my head:

1. Rodgers 2. Mahomes 3. Wilson 4. Herbert 5. Mathew Stafford 6. Ryan Tannehill 7. DeShaun Watson
                    8. Josh Allen 9. Dak Prescott 10. Lamar Jackson 11. Kyler Murray 12. Joe Burrow 13. Derek Carr 14. Kirk Cousins
                    15. Phillip Rivers 16. Matt Ryan

Hell, Jimmy fucking Garrapalo came within an inch of doing it against a better KC squad, and not quite the talent that Brady had.
                    17. Jimmy G

There's 17 qbs that could have taken the Bucs last year to a championship.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

This will be a completely different game than last year.

Chargers o-line is much improved.

Last year they had Gilmore playing and Chargers had Derwin out. This year Chargers have Derwin and Patriots no longer have Gilmore.

Our defense scheme is much different than last year.

And the Patriots QB is different too.

We also have different returner and kicker.
                      Badly missed 2 FG that day.

And they lost turnover battle 0-2.

This is a new team and a new game.
                      Chargers 30
                      Patriots 20
                      Agreed! Lynn and his coaching staff will not be preparing the team this year.

If they were still here, i'd be running to the nearest bookie and putting up a ton of money on New England.
                      Half the posters here would be doing the same thing.
                      :drool:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Agreed! Lynn and his coaching staff will not be preparing the team this year.

If they were still here, i'd be running to the nearest bookie and putting up a ton of money on New England.
                        Half the posters here would be doing the same thing.
                        :drool:
                        I could be wrong - but my hope is that the changes Staley and staff made will be noticeable early in the game. On offense, not saying they go hurry up but I can see trying to get Cook and Allen the ball early in downs to shorten down and distance.

On defense, having Justin Jones, Adderley and Tranq back will be huge!

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

“With a 70.4% completion rate, a quarterback rating of 92.8, and nine touchdown passes through seven games, there’s no doubt he’s been a major upgrade over a washed-up version of Cam Newton. While the 23-year-old has certainly made his fair share of mistakes (six interceptions and three fumbles), the Patriots have to feel confident about the future of the most important position in sports.”

He’s super durable too. Took hits in college that would put other college QB’s out for weeks. Bill finally got lucky with that overall 15th QB pick. Cam who?

Comment

Working...
                          X