Patriots at Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
    Next year, Joseph will be 34 & Jones hits free agency: one or both might be gone.
    Telesco will not solve that hole in the draft, even if all his selections are defensive tackles.

He can....
    a) overpay for the top talent available in free agency,
    b) get a fading star on a bargain deal,
    c) find some diamond in the rough, not properly utilized and sitting behind all pros, who shines in Brandon Staley's D
    d) dumpster dive

correct answer: b & d
    So in your opinion, We cannot solve it through the draft, free agency, bargain hunt, mine diamonds or dumpster dive. Just how do we accomplish this herculean task then????

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

So in your opinion, We cannot solve it through the draft, free agency, bargain hunt, mine diamonds or dumpster dive. Just how do we accomplish this herculean task then????
      In Telescos defense - I am glad we went for fixing the OL this past offseason. It made sense

That being said - next Tuesday is the deadline, so hopefully Tommy Telesco is working for these final 10 or 11 games.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Oklahoma
        • Send PM

The greatest defensive mind in history Belicheat always talks up the next opponent.
        They should be 5-2 if not for a late fumble against the Fins. And a fumble and missed field goal vs the Bucs.
        If their O Line is healthy I say they run for a buck sixty, maybe even with last weeks O Line.

Correct me if I am wrong? 3 wins against them in 20 seasons: Tim Dwight's big return, one when Marty talked smacking post-game asking "How many fingers do they have to fill all the holes in the dikes, and the season Brady missed in 09.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
          The greatest defensive mind in history Belicheat always talks up the next opponent.
          They should be 5-2 if not for a late fumble against the Fins. And a fumble and missed field goal vs the Bucs.
          If their O Line is healthy I say they run for a buck sixty, maybe even with last weeks O Line.

Correct me if I am wrong? 3 wins against them in 20 seasons: Tim Dwight's big return, one when Marty talked smacking post-game asking "How many fingers do they have to fill all the holes in the dikes, and the season Brady missed in 09.
          They are 3-4 for a reason. Good teams make plays to win games; bad teams make plays to lose games
          They got lucky against the Texans that the Houston punter shanked one into his own teammate - combined with the Houston Kicker having a terrible game

The Patriots are not going to run for a buck sixty Sunday
          The Chargers are going to put up 30 on Hoodie

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

I wish we hold the Patriots to 0 or put 50 on them. Need to return the favor to New England.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I always have NE as a loss, for reasons. Any time I’m proved wrong is gravy, I’m hoping Staley can do this.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                I wish we hold the Patriots to 0 or put 50 on them. Need to return the favor to New England.
                I agree - but I will just be happy with a nice comfortable two score win

Would give the Chargers another AFC win and have the tiebreaker over another AFC Team - that would be four (pending rematches with KC and the Raid-turds)

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

They are 3-4 for a reason. Good teams make plays to win games; bad teams make plays to lose games
                  They got lucky against the Texans that the Houston punter shanked one into his own teammate - combined with the Houston Kicker having a terrible game

The Patriots are not going to run for a buck sixty Sunday
                  The Chargers are going to put up 30 on Hoodie
                  that is what we all thought last year, and NE dominated us in every area as they always do....... and pats are a better team this year than they were last year with a much smarter and more accurate QB..... and worst of all, the strengths of NE match up with what chargers do worst.....

our record against bellycheat is horrid and most games were over before halftime:

the players are saying they have not reviewed last years game at all..... not even to learn from mistakes????.... i dont get that one...... if we had lost 38-35, that would be one thing but they shut out our high scoring offense...... we had better understand how and why that happened.... just like understanding what the ravens did to us is hugely important.....

our defense and special teams have major tackling issues...... so our offense must carry this team in order to win or even stay in games

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

that is what we all thought last year, and NE dominated us in every area as they always do....... and pats are a better team this year than they were last year with a much smarter and more accurate QB..... and worst of all, the strengths of NE match up with what chargers do worst.....

our record against bellycheat is horrid and most games were over before halftime:

the players are saying they have not reviewed last years game at all..... not even to learn from mistakes????.... i dont get that one...... if we had lost 38-35, that would be one thing but they shut out our high scoring offense...... we had better understand how and why that happened.... just like understanding what the ravens did to us is hugely important.....

our defense and special teams have major tackling issues...... so our offense must carry this team in order to win or even stay in games
                    The Chargers are also a better team. And record wise, the Patriots are basically the same, 5-6 last year, 3-4 this year. On what planet were the Chargers a better team than the patriots going into that game. They were 3-8. Yes, the game got out of hand quickly - but that happens.

I get the history of the Chargers against Hoodie. But the Chargers have a new head coach; they have a better QB for sure this time.

There is nothing to be gained from reviewing that tape. This is a new coaching staff playing a new style of football on offense and defense

I get the Patriot paranoia based on their record against the Chargers but this isn't the 72 Dolphins the Chargers are playing against.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree - but I will just be happy with a nice comfortable two score win

Would give the Chargers another AFC win and have the tiebreaker over another AFC Team - that would be four (pending rematches with KC and the Raid-turds)
                      Yup don’t give the refs the power to affect the game at the end.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Yup don’t give the refs the power to affect the game at the end.
                        Well,sure a Fifty burger would be nice

But don't get so amped up trying to avenge the loss last year that you make stupid plays, try to be the hero. Just play the game..

Comment

• Classic
                          Hall Of Fame
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                          Next year, Joseph will be 34 & Jones hits free agency: one or both might be gone.
                          Telesco will not solve that hole in the draft, even if all his selections are defensive tackles.

He can....
                          a) overpay for the top talent available in free agency,
                          b) get a fading star on a bargain deal,
                          c) find some diamond in the rough, not properly utilized and sitting behind all pros, who shines in Brandon Staley's D
                          d) dumpster dive

correct answer: b & d
                          Telesco needs to pull off B like he did when he signed Hayward. Who by the way is looking pretty good for the Raiders.

Comment

Working...
                          X