Patriots at Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Agreed Norv was a HOF level OC up until 2010 after that he got stale.

That imo was Norv and Rivers best year stats wise I mean. It sucks that the defense held us back that year, losing Merriman game 1 set the mood for tough season.
    Up until/through 2009, Norv had LT, Gates, VJ, Rivers, Chambers and a still-good OL … his scheme had nothing to do with how good LT, Gates, VJ and Rivers were. its the exact same story from his Cowboys “genius” years when he had 5 future HOF players. His offense works great when you have 5 HOF players on the field.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

If I was as pessimistic about our team as some are here, I’d probably not be wasting time on a forum about them.

Good thing I’m not. We’ll cover the spread, win, and get it back on track. A stable of wild horses is coming back this week
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

Huh, I was thinking he's just a dick.
        That too

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Brandon Staley on assessing the Chargers' run defense. https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...ense-patriots/

The Chargers have played against 3 of the 4 best rushing offenses (1. Browns 3. Cowboys 4. Ravens). All of their opponents so far, except the Raiders, are in the top nine in running offense.

The Patriots have the 24th best rushing offense. Justin Jones and Drue Tranquill are returning. The run defense will not break down next Sunday.

Looking at the schedule ahead, the Chiefs and Eagles are 9-10 in rushing offense. The rest of the opponents are middle of the pack or lower in rushing offense.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            If I was as pessimistic about our team as some are here, I’d probably not be wasting time on a forum about them.

Good thing I’m not. We’ll cover the spread, win, and get it back on track. A stable of wild horses is coming back this week
            I understand that the Chargers cannot overlook the Patriots
            I also understand the Patriots have beaten the Chargers a lot over the last 15 years with Hoodie - maybe on Charger victory

But, this is a new head coach in Staley, a new system and the Patriots are 3-4 and they have 2 wins over the Jets and one over the Texans. They are not the strongest 3-4 team in the NFL - okay. I don't care how they played against Tampa - that was an emotion driven game

Now can the Chargers just show up and expect to win - No

But they are the BETTER team with the better QB. I hope Staley has a game plan for Mac Jones - break it out. No time to wait.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Brandon Staley on assessing the Chargers' run defense. https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...ense-patriots/

The Chargers have played against 3 of the 4 best rushing offenses (1. Browns 3. Cowboys 4. Ravens). All of their opponents so far, except the Raiders, are in the top nine in running offense.

The Patriots have the 24th best rushing offense. Justin Jones and Drue Tranquill are returning. The run defense will not break down next Sunday.

Looking at the schedule ahead, the Chiefs and Eagles are 9-10 in rushing offense. The rest of the opponents are middle of the pack or lower in rushing offense.
              This is good to hear.

If they can just avoid the Browns, Titans, Bills & Ravens in the playoffs, they'll go deep.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This is good to hear.

If they can just avoid the Browns, Titans, Bills & Ravens in the playoffs, they'll go deep.
                I want to play all those teams in the playoffs actually - one after the other!! And finish with the Cardinals, Cowboys, Bucs or Packers!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Next year, Joseph will be 34 & Jones hits free agency: one or both might be gone.
                  Telesco will not solve that hole in the draft, even if all his selections are defensive tackles.

He can....
                  a) overpay for the top talent available in free agency,
                  b) get a fading star on a bargain deal,
                  c) find some diamond in the rough, not properly utilized and sitting behind all pros, who shines in Brandon Staley's D
                  d) dumpster dive

correct answer: b & d

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I want to play all those teams in the playoffs actually - one after the other!! And finish with the Cardinals, Cowboys, Bucs or Packers!
                    i love it!

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Srandings.jpg

This is good to hear.

LOL so if the season ended today you would only be comfortable facing Cincy, Raiders or Steelers, Staley has 11 more games to figure something out to come up with something scheme wise to be more effective I don't see a trade happening and it still will not be enough unless that player was Aaron Donald

Attached Files

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Next year, Joseph will be 34 & Jones hits free agency: one or both might be gone.
                        Telesco will not solve that hole in the draft, even if all his selections are defensive tackles.

He can....
                        a) overpay for the top talent available in free agency,
                        b) get a fading star on a bargain deal,
                        c) find some diamond in the rough, not properly utilized and sitting behind all pros, who shines in Brandon Staley's D
                        d) dumpster dive

correct answer: b & d
                        Thats why when I mention trades, I know beating a dead horse - thats why I mention the Giants for Lawrence or the Fish for Wilkins - if they want a Day 2 pick. I doubt Lawrence is available but who knows - its Gettleman. Those two are younger players that still are signed through 2022, maybe 2023 - so they would be longer term signings than Akiem Hicks. I get they are long shots but you are right - -except for Tillery and a bunch of UDFAs, the Chargers do not have much depth signed next year on the roster.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

i love it!
                          If you are in the playoffs - no complaining about who you play, where you play or god forbid, how are we going to stop Derrick Henry?!!?

Beats the hell out of watching playoff games of other teams.

Comment

Working...
                          X