POLL: Does Lombardi's Playcalling Stink?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Give it up. He’s a scrub that can barely make the tail end of roster part time w/20 catches and 3 TD as his high water mark. Big fucking whoopty-woo. He’s a scrub that couldn’t beat out Guyton or Hill. That is what you are whining about.
    I liked him for the brief time he was here, but people are making it out like we cut a guy who caught 100 passes for 1600 yards and 20 TDs. We cut a journeyman WR who can't stick on any team he has ever been on in the pros. There is a reason for this. The Jags cut him for Christ's sake! But hey, the very tiny Johnson fan club has a couple of very die-hard and very vocal supporters.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Re our backup RBs: why does it always seem there’s just zero hole for them to go through? I think I’ve seen Kelley with one like 7 yard run through a good sized hole, but all all other runs by him and the rest, stone wall. Ekeler gets to run through holes, it seems. Just weird. Or they really really suck (along with our run blocking).

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Re our backup RBs: why does it always seem there’s just zero hole for them to go through? I think I’ve seen Kelley with one like 7 yard run through a good sized hole, but all all other runs by him and the rest, stone wall. Ekeler gets to run through holes, it seems. Just weird. Or they really really suck (along with our run blocking).
          Just a guess - when Eck is in the game, there is balance as he is both a dangerous runner and receiver. When Kelley and Roundtree are in the game, it's almost always a run play and perhaps we are telegraphing what we are trying to do. Of course, Kelley was in on one of the drive killing sack pass plays against the Vikings and did not pick up the blitzer so I'm not sure what the answer is.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Just a guess - when Eck is in the game, there is balance as he is both a dangerous runner and receiver. When Kelley and Roundtree are in the game, it's almost always a run play and perhaps we are telegraphing what we are trying to do. Of course, Kelley was in on one of the drive killing sack pass plays against the Vikings and did not pick up the blitzer so I'm not sure what the answer is.
            Yup easy to sniff up what’s going to happen. Also D knows how Kelley fails on Blitz pickup.

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              I think it's a combination of vision & strength. Ekeler has plenty of both, Kelly & Company , not so much.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Overhead view.
                Complex offense.
                Takes a while to learn.
                The plays have often been there.
                Herbert will process faster.
                Everyone must improve.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• AZBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Yup easy to sniff up what’s going to happen. Also D knows how Kelley fails on Blitz pickup.

Yea, and Bolts brilliant OC Lombardi had the useless Kelley in on THREE critical 3rd down situations in the second half, how dumb can he be.......twice Kelley did nothing and missed his blocking responsibilty. :wtf:

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

Yea, and Bolts brilliant OC Lombardi had the useless Kelley in on THREE critical 3rd down situations in the second half, how dumb can he be.......twice Kelley did nothing and missed his blocking responsibilty. :wtf:
                    Good point...Kelley is not all that impressive running, not all that impressive blocking...on MOST teams, he would be benched...but NO...not the Bolts...this is not only on Lackluster Lombo, but also on Stubborn Staley...

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good point...Kelley is not all that impressive running, not all that impressive blocking...on MOST teams, he would be benched...but NO...not the Bolts...this is not only on Lackluster Lombo, but also on Stubborn Staley...
                      Who brought this guy in?Ohhhh yeah.Always look upwards first when things arent working out.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Who brought this guy in?Ohhhh yeah.Always look upwards first when things arent working out.
                        Yep...look, I really like Staley--huge improvement over Lynn...BUT...he's not Superman...he DOES have his blind spots...I'll give Lombo till the end of the season for my final grade on him...but so far, not all that impressed...

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Pretty much if you have a pulse you’re in :lol:

Comment

Working...
                          X