POLL: Does Lombardi's Playcalling Stink?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Forget the STs thing. BS has plenty of players to fill in for STs depending on what phase of it you're talking about.

TJ would help this team and he is familiar with the offense. I feel that Guyton is getting complacent, he needs to be pushed and I don't know if Palmer is doing that. When Tyron Johnson was there, Guyton was forced to work harder because of the fact.
    Dont agree. He was likely cut because they didnt have room for a 5th or 6th WR that didnt play STs and would likely sit the bench. They maybe didnt want to keep 6 WRs either.

We added Roberts because he was a better return guy than Hill and Hill then got cut as Roberts also is a WR and that would be 6.
    Now we lost a STs ace in Smith. T-Billy isnt going to fill that role.

TBilly is only familiar with this offense from TC. He probably hasnt got it down or maybe he does not get cut. Maybe that was also a factor. We still have miscues on routes with the recievers that have been here from day 1 of TC. Id prefer him over Guyton myself but Guyton is also playing STs.

It wouldnt hurt TJ to say he is willing to try STs and help him keep a job. Maybe we sign him to the PS though.

All above is just speculation but seems to make sense while still keeping 5 WRs.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Tyron Johnson? He was waived? Say it isnt so.

I liked the guy but now he will be on his 6th team? It only makes sense for us to sign him if they plan on having a deep pass attack sometime down the road but for me, i do like Johnson more than Guyton....who seems to have already been passed by Palmer for snaps.

Not a must get for me, but if we bring him in, ok. Just dont think he serves a purpose right now as he dont play STs.
      Johnson is a one trick pony who doesn't play ST. I have nothing against him, but agree that if we aren't going to be emphasizing going deep there is little point in bringing him back as he offers nothing else.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Johnson is a one trick pony who doesn't play ST. I have nothing against him, but agree that if we aren't going to be emphasizing going deep there is little point in bringing him back as he offers nothing else.
        What's his one trick? If you were thinking of saying he only catches deep balls, you will be wrong. He developed into a good route runner last season and was really starting to come one. I guess Keenan Allen and Mike Williams are one trick ponies too. Neither play ST.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
          They could possibly resign Johnson as hes been waived.
          Big time player.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

What's his one trick? If you were thinking of saying he only catches deep balls, you will be wrong. He developed into a good route runner last season and was really starting to come one. I guess Keenan Allen and Mike Williams are one trick ponies too. Neither play ST.
            Starters vs a scrub. Not an accurate comparison.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dont agree. He was likely cut because they didnt have room for a 5th or 6th WR that didnt play STs and would likely sit the bench. They maybe didnt want to keep 6 WRs either.

We added Roberts because he was a better return guy than Hill and Hill then got cut as Roberts also is a WR and that would be 6.
              Now we lost a STs ace in Smith. T-Billy isnt going to fill that role.

TBilly is only familiar with this offense from TC. He probably hasnt got it down or maybe he does not get cut. Maybe that was also a factor. We still have miscues on routes with the recievers that have been here from day 1 of TC. Id prefer him over Guyton myself but Guyton is also playing STs.

It wouldnt hurt TJ to say he is willing to try STs and help him keep a job. Maybe we sign him to the PS though.

All above is just speculation but seems to make sense while still keeping 5 WRs.
              :toyou:

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                Chargers Hall of Fame
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

The Jags cut him. The Jaguars. He struggled to get playing time on the Jags roster. That's not a good sign.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Early projections of Lombardi may be correct about him.

I don't know. It just seems like the offense is just not in sync. I haven't been to a game but it seems like our WR's in general are struggling to get seperation.

We all saw that pitch and catch to Ek. JH doesn't need a big window. We should see a lot more dig routes and seam routes IMO. And if it's 2nd short TAKE A SHOT DAMNIT. We need those splash plays. We need PI's which has a pretty high probability on deep balls.

Nothing bugs me more than following a decent run for 7-8 yds. Then come out and slam the ball up the gut AGAIN. That is like a free down, 2nd and short should almost always a trick play, or some type of everyone takes a deep route.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

LMAO - are you seriously comparing him to Keenan Allen? Wow. The dude has been cut 6 times now. Maybe that is his one trick - getting cut.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

LMAO - are you seriously comparing him to Keenan Allen? Wow. The dude has been cut 6 times now. Maybe that is his one trick - getting cut.
                      Lombardi is a One Trick coach! LOL!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

You need to refresh your memory. Johnson had no drops, he caught the ball in traffic and he had the best deep speed on the team.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

You need to refresh your memory. Johnson had no drops, he caught the ball in traffic and he had the best deep speed on the team.

Give it up. He’s a scrub that can barely make the tail end of roster part time w/20 catches and 3 TD as his high water mark. Big fucking whoopty-woo. He’s a scrub that couldn’t beat out Guyton or Hill. That is what you are whining about.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X