POLL: Does Lombardi's Playcalling Stink?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Speaking of spinning, Don Coryell is spinning in his grave watching what Lombardi is doing with the weapons he has. It’s criminal

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
      Chargers Hall of Fame
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'm not spinning anything. He runs when he has a lane.

And I saw open receivers when he tried to scramble and run as well. Not every time but I saw them at times. Not my fault you assume there aren't any because he ran.

You are over exaggerating. You were saying this in the Pittsburgh game and he had wide open Lanes and still threw for 382 yards.

Hec you were saying that today after his first run.

Today, Denver played more zone than usual and we didn't get more wideouts in there til after halftime to haveore options in the routes. Plus the Ol was shitty and he was always under pressure.
      The last sentence in your reply is the only thing I agree with. And, it speaks to my point. Coordinator is just not making the needed adjustments, certainly not in time.

And, to my original point, I am not against Herbert running. Of course. I just don't like that he HAS to run so often or choose to throw into very tight windows. SO many of his throws (completed or otherwise) are into tight coverage. That's either a WR problem or a scheme problem (or a combination). I am happy with Herbert. Not so much with the schemes he must continually overcome.

Heck, anything good from Herbert is usually FROM Herbert. It's why he was successful last year under Lynn and a incredibly worse OL the entire year.

And, yes, look at Herbert's first run today on that second "drive". He had an incomplete pass (tight window) followed by no one open to pass to so he HAD to run followed by an incomplete pass (tight window). I see other teams with SOME plays with guys wide open. Herbert seems to have far less of those and need more miraculous throws from our amazing QB, which is my entire point.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Speaking of spinning, Don Coryell is spinning in his grave watching what Lombardi is doing with the weapons he has. It’s criminal
        Word...Lombo would turn Air Coryell into USPS 4th Class Ground...with short air hops...

Comment

• AZBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          Loved Coryell.....innovative aggressive coach.....so fun to watch the Bolts then, really a joy.

Comment

• AZBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I pray that Feiler is back soon and neither have to play. The coaching staff has watched both and didn't play Jamies so I guess we should draw some conclusions from that.
            Based on what I've seen, I wouldn't trust our offensive and D coaches as follows:

D can't stop the run, can't tackle, doesn't get turnovers and can't get off the field on third down.......I don't trust this D coaching staff at all.

I really like JH, he is very good and will get better, but Bolt Offense is really inconsistent.....my only beef with him is he puts too much zip on the short throws and the throws are high...how about someone work with him like Pep did.......how about some deep shots, how about some planned rollouts instead of JH panic scrambles out of the pocket......and I doubt thar going with Kelemente and Norton is the best Bolts can do, but that's on TT too.......No I don't trust the Offensive coaching staff either

3-1 start.....now 6-5 and looking pretty bad.....I suspect Bolts have the talent to do better than this shit.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

Based on what I've seen, I wouldn't trust our offensive and D coaches as follows:

D can't stop the run, can't tackle, doesn't get turnovers and can't get off the field on third down.......I don't trust this D coaching staff at all.

I really like JH, he is very good and will get better, but Bolt Offense is really inconsistent.....my only beef with him is he puts too much zip on the short throws and the throws are high...how about someone work with him like Pep did.......how about some deep shots, how about some planned rollouts instead of JH panic scrambles out of the pocket......and I doubt thar going with Kelemente and Norton is the best Bolts can do, but that's on TT too.......No I don't trust the Offensive coaching staff either

3-1 start.....now 6-5 and looking pretty bad.....I suspect Bolts have the talent to do better than this shit.
              And the final 6 games will mostly not be easy. We'll be lucky to get to 9-8, and 8-9 is more likely...but not holding my breath with this team. Look:

Week 13 - Bengals (7-4) - Very tough team...need to up our game or we lose. In Cincy, 10am PST. Ouch.
              Week 14 - Giants (4-7) - Should be able to beat them, but u never know with the Bolts
              Week 15 - Chefs (7-4) - Playing better than earlier this season. Tough game.
              Week 16 - Texans (2-9) - Should be an easy win. Should. It's in Houston. Should. Win.
              Week 17 - Donks (6-5) - Just saw how tough they are. We have them at home. Still a tough game.
              Week 18 - Raiders (6-5) - Playing better lately. Could be a tough game. In Vegas.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
              Last edited by Topcat; 11-28-2021, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I find it hard to believe that the QB coach for Drew Brees who was part of an offense that was a top 5 scoring offense doesn't understand the game better than you and the Chargers fans in the poll.

The Chargers offense have already went from 18th last year to 11th this year. And are scoring more points per game this season. They are only 4pt less per game than the league leader team which is lead by the Goat QB, and Bucs are a team that has better weapons and depth and better O-line which you claimed 15 QBs could have won superbowl with because they were so talented.

The Chargers being 4 point less than your juggernaut team just 10 games into this season for the new OC is massive fail to you. Really?

There are no facts to back your claim they would be scoring more if they threw more deep passes. It very likely would lead to more loses as Herbert holding the ball will lead to more interceptions, sacks and fumbles.

Only 10 games and you have fully concluded Lombardi is a bad play caller even though so many stats point to improved play by offense.

There nothing arrogant about telling flat earthers that they are mistaken and need to learn more about science. Or football fans that they are mistaken and need to learn more about football.

Chainy, you are clearly an incorrigible Chargers fan.
                :beer:
                If a doctor screws up an operation, you don't cite his vast wealth of knowledge as superseding the fact that the operation was bungled.
                We have eyes; our relative ignorance is by no means a vindication of Coach Lombardi's performance....something went wrong with the plan.

Even with three ham and eggers on the Oline, 7 points negated by 1 pic six is not a good afternoon for this offense by any measure.
                Coach the ham and eggers up or find new Olineman who were sitting in their living rooma this Sunday.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If a doctor screws up an operation, you don't cite his vast wealth of knowledge as superseding the fact that the operation was bungled.
                  We have eyes; our relative ignorance is by no means a vindication of Coach Lombardi's performance....something went wrong with the plan.

Even with three ham and eggers on the Oline, 7 points negated by 1 pic six is not a good afternoon for this offense by any measure.
                  Coach the ham and eggers up or find new Olineman who were sitting in their living rooma this Sunday.
                  As soon as Kelemente started getting bullrushed, Lombo should have adjusted with a TE or RB to pick up the rusher on every passing down. And, should have had Herbie roll out. Two epic fails there...at the very least, a chip and quick dump off pass...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

You simply can't have 2 active Olinemen on a roster being redshirted - that's nut,
                    and a 3rd one (Scott Quessenberry) that they are afraid to play.

Essentially, they came into this season with Storm Norton as their only backup - insanity.
                    And then when the injuries hit Telesco goes dumpster diving, bringing in guys who've played their way out of the league,
                    jumping over the ones they had in training camp - bizarre!

I blame Telesco & the coaching staff: they all should have known it was a fucking crisis situation.

If Telesco didn't stumble into Herbert, he should be cleaning out his desk tomorrow morning.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

As soon as Kelemente started getting bullrushed, Lombo should have adjusted with a TE or RB to pick up the rusher on every passing down. And, should have had Herbie roll out. Two epic fails there...at the very least, a chip and quick dump off pass...
                      Maybe, but you can't give help to Norton, Schofield and Kelemente all game.

Denver's pass rush, minus Chubb, is not much....good God!

The problem is bringing in Kelemente in the first place....there were probably far better, if not optimal choices.

If Lindsley goes down, they might as well fold up the tent and let the gimlet eyed Telesco prepare for next season.....something he is really good at until that next season comes around.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Maybe, but you can't give help to Norton, Schofield and Kelemente all game.

Denver's pass rush, minus Chubb, is not much....good God!

The problem is bringing in Kelemente in the first place....there were probably far better, if not optimal choices.

If Lindsley goes down, they might as well fold up the tent and let the gimlet eyed Telesco prepare for next season.....something he is really good at until that next season comes around.
                        If Kelemente was so bad, what about Q-Berry or Jaimes? At LEAST put them in for a series or so and see how they do...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

You simply can't have 2 active Olinemen on a roster being redshirted - that's nut,
                          and a 3rd one (Scott Quessenberry) that they are afraid to play.

Essentially, they came into this season with Storm Norton as their only backup - insanity.
                          And then when the injuries hit Telesco goes dumpster diving, bringing in guys who've played their way out of the league,
                          jumping over the ones they had in training camp - bizarre!

I blame Telesco & the coaching staff: they all should have known it was a fucking crisis situation.

If Telesco didn't stumble into Herbert, he should be cleaning out his desk tomorrow morning.
                          Two of my all-time fav TT dumpster dive specials:

Willie Smith
                          Max Starks

Ah, good times are back...

Comment

Working...
                          X