Steelers @ Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

Over/Under the number of times Chris Collinworth and Al Michaels mention the Steeler crowd in the stadium. I say at least 5 times, may even have San Diego slip in there as well.

As for the game, this is gonna be lost unless we play our best game all year. Steelers have the refs in the pocket like no other team its gonna be the Cowboys game all over again if this game comes down to the wire.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

TJ Watt is out for Pittsburgh, so who wants to fancy a guess at which Steeler edge rusher/LB will look like Lawrence Taylor reincarnate?
      That team ALWAYS has guys waiting to step in and produce. That's what good drafting gets ya'.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
        TJ Watt is out for Pittsburgh, so who wants to fancy a guess at which Steeler edge rusher/LB will look like Lawrence Taylor reincarnate?
        That team ALWAYS has guys waiting to step in and produce. That's what good drafting gets ya'.
        Is he out? I heard Tomlin say he would "still leave the light on for TJ Watt as Watt is not like other players"

Chargers just need to step up and make plays. No excuses - play better

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

An article read just 2 hours ago said he was out- maybe they jumped the gun?
          But as you said, definitely need to play better regardless of who's out there.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            Popper seems high on Nwosu after the Vikings game.

Nwosu is a good edge. Fackrell, Rumph, Gaziano are a decent edge rotation. I'd like to see more K9. Edge, LB blitz, stunt vs run / pass. Downhill.

Comment

• AZBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

I would like to know if any coach is working with Herbert to take a little bit off velocity on the shorter throws?........Let's make it a rad easier for our Receivers to secure the catch.....these drops among many different receivers are killing drives.....Please improve on this.......I'm not making excuses for receivers but work together for success.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Team is slipping into mediocrity fast. Vikings were banged up as hell and still took control. Staley seems more an “genius wunderkind” X and 0’s guy with questionable ability to light much fire under his players. Just wait until there’s an “urgency” aspect and Spanos and TT and Staley need until next season to “fix it all.”This team got that in Herbert last year. Hell, the Patriots got a lesser “Herbert” of sorts in Mac Jones. Watch as BB does better than Staley does this year. Watch as the Chargers slide into 3rd place. Oh…but next year…just watch out! Spanos deja vu. He’ll fall into his usual MO and this team will rise in value. Sorry for the negativity, but the Spanos’ bring that out in me. This team has lost whatever “pump-i-tude” it had. Paycheck mentality now.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post
                  I would like to know if any coach is working with Herbert to take a little bit off velocity on the shorter throws?........Let's make it a rad easier for our Receivers to secure the catch.....these drops among many different receivers are killing drives.....Please improve on this.......I'm not making excuses for receivers but work together for success.
                  He’s thrown plenty of “touch passes” this year and last. Like most QB’s he gets out of rhythm and timing from time to time, especially when the pockets collapsing.

Remember Rivers? After all those years he still threw more than his fair share of shitty short passes. In a check down situation, your short outlet pass is normally the last option so it’s at the point where the QB is most rushed and where elevated adrenaline is most likely to impact the throw.

I think the best way to combat that is for Lombardy to design pass plays that are executed faster.

When Joey Bosa asked Brady how he was able to elude his pressure and sacks, Brady said something like I know how long it takes you to get to me so I make sure the ball is in the air quicker than that.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                    Team is slipping into mediocrity fast. Vikings were banged up as hell and still took control. Staley seems more an “genius wunderkind” X and 0’s guy with questionable ability to light much fire under his players. Just wait until there’s an “urgency” aspect and Spanos and TT and Staley need until next season to “fix it all.”This team got that in Herbert last year. Hell, the Patriots got a lesser “Herbert” of sorts in Mac Jones. Watch as BB does better than Staley does this year. Watch as the Chargers slide into 3rd place. Oh…but next year…just watch out! Spanos deja vu. He’ll fall into his usual MO and this team will rise in value. Sorry for the negativity, but the Spanos’ bring that out in me. This team has lost whatever “pump-i-tude” it had. Paycheck mentality now.
                    Chargers lost because Vikings pinpointed the mismatch between Tevaugn Cambell and Jefferson who burned Cambell for 140 yards and crucial 3rd down conversions. I think Adderly absence left our secondary too vulnerable as well.

Last year Staley had the #1 defense. This year is different because he doesn’t have the same talent on defense and when key players are out….it’s really ugly.

Unless they stay healthy the rest of the year, it’s hopeless.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

So the main problem is TTs depth.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Unless they stay healthy the rest of the year, it’s hopeless.
                        Which shouldn’t necessarily have to be with outstanding leadership, despite injuries. We all might be looking at 9-8 season, with luck. Good enough for the Spanos’ status quo. Tired of waiting for next year. We have a “super star” QB afterall (dumb Staley quote). Looking as if I wished TT chose our OC. Lombardi chosen by his “buddy” Staley.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

need our gangsta's to show up

Comment

Working...
                          X