• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Call it lame, but by a 14-9 margin, the votes are in favor of letting him go...I don't doubt that Lombo is an okay OC...could even work his way up to good with some changes...but remember, he had some great talent to work with (Herbie, KA, Mike Will, Ekkie) which no doubt helped our O place high in scoring...my issues with Lombo are mainly that he needs to adjust better vs. teams that stack the box, AND call more creative plays than Ekkie up the gut vs. a stacked box for nada vs. a stacked box...bottom line is he probably lost us a few games with his sometimes stubborn game planning and play calling...
    Lol, this poll is from Nov.
    26 pages in and you got 29 votes , and 14 of those said yes.
    My math says that's less than 50% Yeah, its Lame.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

You know what shouldn’t crack you up? An offense that was absolute garbage for 3 and half quarters against the fucking Raiders.
      And yet that offense still scored 32 points, which should be enough to win every game if your defense and ST don't shit the bed.

Comment

• AZBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And yet that offense still scored 32 points, which should be enough to win every game if your defense and ST don't shit the bed.
        Very true.......The offense has great upside, the defense sucks and can't get off the field...... I can only dream of how successful the offense could be, if the D would actually get a turnover or two, get a 3 and out once in a while, and get off the field on 3rd down......How many more points would Bolts score if JH and crew had two or three more possessions per game with a decent Defense??.....To that point, the D produced zero turnovers and couldn't get off the field, again against the Raiders :- ((

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

C'mon guys - Lombardi isn't going anywhere unless someone hires him as a HC, which doesn't seem likely to me. Is he perfect? No. Some calls and some game plans did not work out well at all, but you can say that about just about every coach in the league. Lombardi should improve with another year under his belt. Herbert in his second year of the offense should take another step forward, which should be downright scary for opposing defenses. Fix the right side of the line and upgrade the RBs around Ekeler and we'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
          X