• Show
Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

Ny times says bolts have 85% chance to make the playoffs if they win the last two.
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
      Ny times says bolts have 85% chance to make the playoffs if they win the last two.
      That would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

All 5 of those teams - particularly KC and IND, and probably NE and BUF - would embarrass the Chargers in a playoff game. I admire the optimism, but let's be real here: We just lost to the TEXANS. We beat CINCY, true; and TENN without Henry is less then they could be. But I'd be willing to bet that we'd be underdog - and deservedly so - against all of those teams. And I, for one, would not be all that disappointed if we aren't blown away on National TV.
        That is ridiculous. We should have won the last 4 games against KC, but they got two lucky OT wins against us. How could you have watched the game two weeks ago and come away with any conclusion other than the we are better than the Chiefs?

IND is overrated. They rely on turnovers. In all of their wins except one, they had the turnover advantage. In that other win, ARI missed two FGs, gave up a safety on a bad snap, got stopped on downs twice and missed an extra point in a game where neither team committed a turnover in losing by 6. Turnovers are generally not sustainable, though. So the plan for a any good team is just to protect the ball and avoid giving away possessions and points and the Colts will lose. They are not all that good on either offense or defense (outside of turnovers).

NE is not all that good. We played like crap and still easily could have won the game against them earlier this season.

We beat CIN on the road and beat them convincingly. We can beat them again.

TEN is not the same team without Henry. They are very beatable.

BUF is a solid team, though. They would present the greatest challenge to us in a playoff game. They easily have the best pass defense and are first in total yards against and third in points allowed. They are also third in points scored.

Finally, we lost to HOU because we were without a bunch of key players on both sides of the ball. Without Guyton and Williams, we had zero deep passing game threat. Without Bosa, James and Jones, our defense had nothing. At full strength, we probably win that game by 3+ TDs. It was just our bad luck.

We could lose, but that is because we are inconsistent, not because our top game is not better than every other team in the AFC.
        Last edited by Guest; 12-29-2021, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Now watch us win our last 2 games and still miss the playoffs
          ​​​​​​
          That would be another chargeresque ending to a season
          ​​​​

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

That is ridiculous. We should have won the last 4 games against KC, but they got two lucky OT wins against us. How could you have watched the game two weeks ago and come away with any conclusion other than the we are better than the Chiefs?

IND is overrated. They rely on turnovers. In all of their wins except one, they had the turnover advantage. In that other win, ARI missed two FGs, gave up a safety on a bad snap, got stopped on downs twice and missed an extra point in a game where neither team committed a turnover in losing by 6. Turnovers are generally not sustainable, though. So the plan for a any good team is just to protect the ball and avoid giving away possessions and points and the Colts will lose. They are not all that good on either offense or defense (outside of turnovers).

NE is not all that good. We played like crap and still easily could have won the game against them earlier this season.

We beat CIN on the road and beat them convincingly. We can beat them again.

TEN is not the same team without Henry. They are very beatable.

BUF is a solid team, though. They would present the greatest challenge to us in a playoff game. They easily have the best pass defense and are first in total yards against and third in points allowed. They are also third in points scored.

Finally, we lost to HOU because we were without a bunch of key players on both sides of the ball. Without Guyton and Williams, we had zero deep passing game threat. Without Bosa, James and Jones, our defense had nothing. At full strength, we probably win that game by 3+ TDs. It was just our bad luck.

We could lose, but that is because we are inconsistent, not because our top game is not better than every other team in the AFC.
            KC is not lucky. Only you believe that, it would seem. And IND has won 8 or their last 10 (or 7 or 9). Wish the Chargers were so "overrated". Again, I suppose your optimism can be viewed as admirable, but it's starting to affect your vision, because you must be blind to the team's problems, particularly on defense. The fact that we could be down 2 players (of significance) on defense and 2 (of significance, I'm including Ekeler) on offense and that would have made a 33+ point difference, in our favor, in the final score against HOU...well...I guess ridiculousness must be contagious. We just aren't THAT good, and certainly not a playoff-caliber team, IMO. 9/10 wins. I've said that from Day One. Which puts us solidly in the middle of the pack.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
              Now watch us win our last 2 games and still miss the playoffs
              ​​​​​​
              That would be another chargeresque ending to a season
              ​​​​
              That is not possible. If the Chargers win they are in the playoffs.

Unless you believe the Ravens are going to beat the Rams and the Dolphins are going to beat the Titans and the Patriots.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

That is not possible. If the Chargers win they are in the playoffs.

Unless you believe the Ravens are going to beat the Rams and the Dolphins are going to beat the Titans and the Patriots.
                well it is possible. until the ravens and fish lose - - than its scoreboard watching time on a sunday morning

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I think KC has been hella lucky all season long
                  and especially against us with James unable to go
                  sure he gets hurt a lot but he's been incredibly healthy and consistent until then.
                  KC is an elite team that can compete with anyone, but lucky they have been also
                  imho
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    sure he gets hurt a lot but he's been incredibly healthy and consistent until then.
                    imho
                    I will admit - and I had forgotten - that they lucked out that Rogers was sidelined when they played the Packers. I just feel that we'd be long underdogs in a playoff game against them, in KC. And like IND, it's hard for me to call a team "lucky" or "overrated" when they've gone 7-0 and 7-2, respectively, in the last half of the season.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      imho
                      If the Chargers get the No. 7 seed.
                      If the Chiefs hang onto the No. 1 seed.
                      If the Chargers win in the Wild Card round as the No. 7 seed.
                      The Chargers would play in KC in the Divisional round.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If the Chargers get the No. 7 seed.
                        If the Chiefs hang onto the No. 1 seed.
                        If the Chargers win in the Wild Card round as the No. 7 seed.
                        The Chargers would play in KC in the Divisional round.
                        That's all I want, win or lose, I just want a chance to play those fucks at their house
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

A win at TEN in divisional is not improbable.

Comment

Working...
                          X