X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

KC is not lucky. Only you believe that, it would seem. And IND has won 8 or their last 10 (or 7 or 9). Wish the Chargers were so "overrated". Again, I suppose your optimism can be viewed as admirable, but it's starting to affect your vision, because you must be blind to the team's problems, particularly on defense. The fact that we could be down 2 players (of significance) on defense and 2 (of significance, I'm including Ekeler) on offense and that would have made a 33+ point difference, in our favor, in the final score against HOU...well...I guess ridiculousness must be contagious. We just aren't THAT good, and certainly not a playoff-caliber team, IMO. 9/10 wins. I've said that from Day One. Which puts us solidly in the middle of the pack.
    KC has been one of the luckiest teams in the NFL this season in terms of catching teams at just the right time.

And they were absolutely lucky to win either of the OT games against us over the past two seasons. In Herbert's debut, the game was there for us to win, but the conservative play calling killed the potential game winning drive after we had 1st and goal at the KC 4.

This year, the fluke fest for KC continued--dropped TD passes on multiple drives for us plus James going down with injury, which changed the entire game as it did in week 3 when James was forced out of the game. Kelce basically does nothing when James is on the field.

IND has not beaten anybody that did not give them the game. Their wins are fueled by turnovers/mistakes by opponents. They are not that good on offense or defense. Look at the numbers. They have been good at getting turnovers, which is not a sustainable stat. I congratulate them on their awesome ability to have ARI's center make a bad snap in the end zone for a safety or for Prater to miss two FGs and an extra point--you know, crap that had nothing to do with what the Colts did, in the one game in which there was a victory by IND but only an even turnover differential. Every other game in which the turnover differential was even and in the two games when it favored the opponent, the Colts lost. They also lost to TEN by two scores despite being +3 turnover differential in one of their games against them.

Finally, I think you are missing a lot about the last weekend's game in which we were missing a multitude of key players. If COVID is going to eliminate a bunch of starters for both teams, such that both teams are discombobulated and do not resemble their normal selves, that is always going to favor the less talented team and the home team, which will have a greater sense of normalcy by being at home and not having to travel. The absence of just one player can make a large difference, so of course the absence of many players can create an even greater impact.

In this case, the absence of Williams and Guyton meant no possibility of a deep passing game--nothing to keep the defense honest. I have spent an entire season posting about what that means in terms of defenses being able to squat on our short passing game to slower receivers and how the the threat of a deep passing game and the deep passing game itself works with the short passing game to produce the best possible results for both, so I will not repeat that discussion here other than to say that Sunday provided a perfect example of exactly what I have been discussing by showing what happens when defenses do not really have to account for a deep passing game from us.

Linsley is our most important OL player--the anchor of the OL. And the absence of Ekeler hurt in depth situations (i.e., when Jackson needed a break). There is a huge drop off after Ekeler and Jackson.

On defense, we were without our 3 of our top 4 OLBs, our best DL player (Jones), our best S (James), and had to use street free agents/practice squad scrubs because our secondary depth had taken a hit due to COVID (Campbell, Hall) and our best starting CB (Davis) getting sick right before kickoff. Our other starting CB was rusty, having just returned from being out multiple games with his second concussion of the season. We had to start a lesser ILB with no real OLB experience at OLB.

It was far beyond just two players of significance on offense and defense. Are you shitting me?

Take away our COVID outbreak and James' injury and we are sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC right now despite the multiple dropped TD passes against KC two weeks ago. Not a playoff team? That is ridiculous. It is only bad luck that will prevent us from becoming one.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-30-2021, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

That is not possible. If the Chargers win they are in the playoffs.

Unless you believe the Ravens are going to beat the Rams and the Dolphins are going to beat the Titans and the Patriots.
      That's my point. Even if Chargers win out, Dolphins and/or Ravens could do the same and keep them out of the playoffs.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

That's my point. Even if Chargers win out, Dolphins and/or Ravens could do the same and keep them out of the playoffs.
        The Rams, fighting for their division title and in the hunt for the No. 1 seed, play the Ravens this week. The Titans, fighting for the division title and also in the hunt for the No. 1 seed, play the Dolphins. Do you think the Ravens are going to beat the Rams, and the Dolphins are going to beat the Titans? I don't. I can almost guarantee the Ravens and Dolphins are going to lose this Sunday, and fall a game behind the Chargers, if the Chargers beat the Broncos. That is why I keep saying if the Chargers win out they are in. I am pretty confident of it.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

The Rams, fighting for their division title and in the hunt for the No. 1 seed, play the Ravens this week. The Titans, fighting for the division title and also in the hunt for the No. 1 seed, play the Dolphins. Do you think the Ravens are going to beat the Rams, and the Dolphins are going to beat the Titans? I don't. I can almost guarantee the Ravens and Dolphins are going to lose this Sunday, and fall a game behind the Chargers, if the Chargers beat the Broncos. That is why I keep saying if the Chargers win out they are in. I am pretty confident of it.
          I agree.... the hard part is not MIA or Ravens losing....... the hard part will be bearting the donkeys and raiders..... especially the donkeys who overall have a better, deeper team except at QB.....
          raiders will be super motivated because of stupid comments made by Chargers players after we beat them in first game......

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

While on paper that does sound good, I could still potentially see the dolphins winning this weekend. They've been on a tear and last I heard titans are missing Henry. Could go either way IMO.
            ​​​​

​​​​​

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Glad you’re confident. Hi, I’m a Charger fan.

Find a way. Just win.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

I can see both the Ravens and Dolphins winning - these are not slam dunk wins for either the Rams or Titans. But the fact that both the Rams and Titans have something to play for - I think might help keep them focused this week. My guess Vrabel has a burr in his saddle after the NIners game -- it wasn't their best but they won - that he will have them ready to play

RAms have just been playing good football. Who knows - -I think one of them lose this Sunday but will both of them lose this sunday

And most important - can the Chargers win or will they win

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

I'm pretty confident too.
                  I will take KC over CIN, IND over LV, LAR over BAL, TEN over MIA and LAC over DEN.
                  100$ to make 520$

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                    I'm pretty confident too.
                    I will take KC over CIN, IND over LV, LAR over BAL, TEN over MIA and LAC over DEN.
                    100$ to make 520$
                    my parlay for sunday is pretty similar to yours
                    in fact - I am just waiting for sunday more from a health reason

I am also going to add
                    Buffalo over Atlanta
                    NE over the Jags

I will not be doing any points - just straight up so not the best payout but what the hell

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

The Rams have never won a road game against the Ravens. But then again there's a first for everything. The Texans never won a home game against the Chargers until last week's game.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

my parlay for sunday is pretty similar to yours
                        in fact - I am just waiting for sunday more from a health reason

I am also going to add
                        Buffalo over Atlanta
                        NE over the Jags

I will not be doing any points - just straight up so not the best payout but what the hell
                        I lost my bets so often by a single point
                        No point for me too

Comment

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

While on paper that does sound good, I could still potentially see the dolphins winning this weekend. They've been on a tear and last I heard titans are missing Henry. Could go either way IMO.
                          ​​​​

​​​​​
                          The Dolphins still have to play against NE after TEN, so they could lose that game as well.

Of course, my concern is that NE has had two prior recent chances to help us (IND and BUF) and crapped the bed both times. So, I am hoping against all odds that Jacksonville beats the Patriots this week, creating a "loser goes home game" between them and Miami in the event that Miami beats TEN this weekend.

IMO, the most difficult part of all of this is our game against DEN. It is difficult to miss that for as much as we play very well compared to most teams against KC, we do not play well compared to the result achieved by most teams when it comes to playing against DEN. DEN has lost to the Raiders twice, the Browns, Bengals, Eagles, and Chiefs, all teams we beat this year. They really are not that good, but we make them look better than they are.

Comment

Working...
                          X