X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

You say a lot, so it's a bit difficult trying to nail down your point. I stick to what I'm saying, and will add this: You're an unapologetic (and annoying little) homer who needs to be "correct" all the time. If you're not Yuba, you're his clone. And it gets tiresome trying to discuss things with a know-it-all, as it was with Yuba.

Final note: Keep writing novels pushing the unlucky angle. It's all you got. But it doesn't change the fact that this is a 9/10 win, middle-of-the-pack team.

I have been wrong plenty and will be again. And we could lose and not make the playoffs. That is possible.

I just think it is ridiculous that you are saying that a team that is a Derwin James in game hamstring injury aggravation and a COVID outbreak from being the #1 seed in the AFC is somehow not a worthy a playoff team that would get smoked by any opponent even though we have already beaten two of our potential playoff opponents (one convincingly), lost a close game to a third in a game in which we played like crap, and would be playing a 4th without its best player. None of that suggests that we would get blown out.

That has nothing to do with luck. That is the reality.

You are the one that has zero meaningful evidence in support of your half-baked assertions, but you have the right to keep putting forth your negativity, so you go right ahead.

I believe we are a playoff worthy team that is better than other playoff teams because that is what the games played to this point prove. I choose to remain positive about our chances.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Yuba View Post

You are the one that has zero meaningful evidence in support of.....
      OK, Yuba.

Evidence: 8-7. Loss to the TEXANS. 4-6 in our last 10 games. These are FACTS. The stuff you're posting is just opinions, excuses, and homer-istic theories.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

OK, Yuba.
        Hmm, Yuba ended up getting banned right? LOL
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

OK, Yuba.

Evidence: 8-7. Loss to the TEXANS. 4-6 in our last 10 games. These are FACTS. The stuff you're posting is just opinions, excuses, and homer-istic theories.
          :smh:

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Miami hasn't played anybody worth a shit for 7 weeks except for Baltimore and like us, Baltimore is hot and cold.

I think Tennessee wins Henry or no Henry. Also isn't this Tannehill's first game against them since he left? Maybe a little extra motivation there.
            You get it. In the Dolphins' win streak, they played the NY teams three times, the Ian Book Saints, Carolina and Houston. Early in the season against better teams, such as the Bills, Indy and Tampa, they got their arses kicked soundly. Yes, it is Tannehill's first game against his first team. I think the Titans win this handily. I believe strongly that the Chargers just have to focus on winning their final two games and they are in, because the Titans will take care of the Dolphins and the Rams will take care of the Ravens.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmm, Yuba ended up getting banned right? LOL
              He did indeed. But the thought that chaincrusher is Yuba is very compelling. To wit:

1) Yuba was an attorney; chaincrusher is long-winded, self-righteous, and talks about "meaningful evidence".
              2) Yuba ALWAYS had to have the last word, as does chaincrusher.
              3) Yuba was convinced he was ALWAYS correct; everyone else was just ridiculous, didn't understand him, or basically delusional. Which describes chaincrusher.

I'm sticking to my chaincrusher-is-Yuba theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Velo View Post

You get it. In the Dolphins' win streak, they played the NY teams three times, the Ian Book Saints, Carolina and Houston. Early in the season against better teams, such as the Bills, Indy and Tampa, they got their arses kicked soundly. Yes, it is Tannehill's first game against his first team. I think the Titans win this handily. I believe strongly that the Chargers just have to focus on winning their final two games and they are in, because the Titans will take care of the Dolphins and the Rams will take care of the Ravens.
                I do not get the negativity of some here either.

Sure, we could lose or the wrong teams could win, but it is not like we need any big time upsets for us to get into the playoffs. What we need is for all of the relevant games to go exactly how the odds say they should go. It really is what should happen, so there is reason to have a positive view of the situation.

Comment

OK, Yuba.

You keep referring to the loss to the Texans as if that means anything. I think that game was closer to a 1987 strike replacement player game that it was to anything else. Some teams had good strike replacement players and other teams had less good emergency players. It has zippo to do with the real teams although the real teams and their players suffer the consequences of the results just like they did in 1987.

We got screwed by a set of unfortunate circumstances. It happens.

Also, please stop with your annoying comparisons to some other, apparently former, posters. I have been around here for nearly four years and 2400+ posts on this forum. While I have not been around as long as some, I am not some Johnny come lately poster here either. For good or ill, I have my own identity here. I was at Bolttalk for years before that--same username, so I have a well defined history of my own there too.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Fact is dolphins are on a win steak. We are on a skid. It's never easy to win in this league. Every win or loss counts for something.

​​​​​​Negativity comes from the fact that the Chargers once again controlled their destiny and blew it. Now they are on the outside looking in. Once again they need help from other teams, assuming they can win their last 2 games which in and of itself is a big IF.

It is just frustrating to watch this happen year after year. So yes, if everything goes perfectly, we win our last 2 games, and the other teams who need to lose, do... We will be in.

We've just been on the wrong end of the scenario too many times as of late. Not sure why it's so hard for people here to understand we expect the worst as charger fans due to history. It is natural at this point.
                    ​​​​​
                    Favorable percentages and odds generally don't mean much when it comes to the chargers - they usually find a way to become statistical anomalies in a very bad way lol

I'm all for the chargers proving us wrong this year. I want to see it happen just as much as anyone. Playoff appearance would be huge for this organization at this point, regardless of what happens in the post season.

Comment

• kgbpasha
                      #болтап
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Chargers need to win the next 5 games in a row to have any chance of being in the Super Bowl.
                      That's how simple it is.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

That's it !

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Yuba View Post

You keep referring to the loss to the Texans as if that means anything. I think that game was closer to a 1987 strike replacement player game that it was to anything else. Some teams had good strike replacement players and other teams had less good emergency players. It has zippo to do with the real teams although the real teams and their players suffer the consequences of the results just like they did in 1987.

We got screwed by a set of unfortunate circumstances. It happens.

Also, please stop with your annoying comparisons to some other, apparently former, posters. I have been around here for nearly four years and 2400+ posts on this forum. While I have not been around as long as some, I am not some Johnny come lately poster here either. For good or ill, I have my own identity here. I was at Bolttalk for years before that--same username, so I have a well defined history of my own there too.
                          Whatever you say, Yuba.

Comment

Working...
                          X