Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

bottom line is Chargers are not good enough yet.....

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      I don't know about Brandon Staley. His decision to go for it on 4th down on the Chargers 18 yd line was stunning. I'd like to see the analytics that say going for it in that situation is the right call. I don't believe it. I really don't know if he's really HC material. There are many good things about him, but there are some deficiencies too. Telesco and the Spanoses have to be a bit concerned about some of his decisions. I hope that Staley is able to grow as a result of the season and not make those mistakes next season.
      Agree on Staley...takes way too many risks...willing to give him another year, but if he keeps making bonehead calls, he needs to go...

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

Staley talks a big game about how important turnovers are and yet the Chargers turn the ball over with regularity and it keeps happens and we loose the turnover battle.most of the time.....remember Ekeler two fumbles, Jackson's horriblle fumble, Robert horrible fumble today costing bolts games....do rhea even practice high and tight two hands on the ball at contact.....New England sure does and their a perennial winner.
        We were -1 in turnover differential for the season. Not great but the stats don't really back up this point.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

As if the Chargers would’ve made a dent in the playoffs.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Agree on Staley...takes way too many risks...willing to give him another year, but if he keeps making bonehead calls, he needs to go...

I think he’ll evolve and he had absolutely zero trust in this defense at least I think that’s part of it and for a time he couldn’t trust his kicker either.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
              THIS

We would have been a bloody speed bump in the Bills stampede.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                We probably would have been one and done...
                But at least, it would have been fun...

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Our 3 variable games, based on 3rd place in the division: Dolphins, Browns and Falcons. I'll take it.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Herbert's state line tonight was 34/64 383 yds, 3 TD passes, 1 INT. I still think Lombardi tends to go too conservative with Herbert. He really wants to have these long, efficient drives with short passes. It's like he doesn't trust Herbert, or the protection, or the WRs, or whatever, to open a deeper passing game. Yet at crunch time when Herbert has to go downfield deeper, he is money. I just feel that on some of the drives that stalled during the game, at least one of those could have turned into points if let Herbert throw deeper more.

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Stupid uniforms.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Herbert deserves better, he played hero ball on those two final drives, and he finished both drives with TDs. I've never seen a Chargers QB do anything like that. He looked dejected right after the winning field goal. I really felt for him. He played well enough to get this team into the playoffs. He finishes the season with 5,014 yards, 38 TDs and 15 INTs.

I don't know about Brandon Staley. His decision to go for it on 4th down on the Chargers 18 yd line was stunning. I'd like to see the analytics that say going for it in that situation is the right call. I don't believe it. I really don't know if he's really HC material. There are many good things about him, but there are some deficiencies too. Telesco and the Spanoses have to be a bit concerned about some of his decisions. I hope that Staley is able to grow as a result of the season and not make those mistakes next season.

I really think this team needs to retain Mike Williams, he is too good at crunch time. He's the best WR on the field in those situations. Don't let him go to another team, then have him come back and burn the Chargers like Hayward and Philon did or become a star on a team like the Patriots, like AP and HH.
                        Agree Herbert deserves better. Don’t know if he’ll ever get it with the Chargers. Staley finished the season horribly after a good start. His decisions are beyond questionable. Now they are just stupid. He came in as a D guy but our defense was worse than last season. The Raiders were better prepared and hungrier from the jump. All those guys we gave up on played well for the Raiders tonight. Hurt to see Philon dominate inside. Exactly what we need. Casey Heyward played great. So much better than Chris Harris. Denzel Perryman is many times better than Kenneth Murray and would be out best LB. Even Ty fuckin Johnson forced the fumble on the punt.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
                          Our 3 variable games, based on 3rd place in the division: Dolphins, Browns and Falcons. I'll take it.
                          the dolphins, especially in myhammy, own us.

Comment

Working...
                          X