Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

The way I see it, we stuffed them on the first two runs and they were going to run again. The TO Staley wanted the right personel in but they 10 yards so I guess he shouldn't left in who was in the previous 2 runs.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post

IMO, there's more variables than just analytic stats in a vacuum. Even if you only look at risk/reward on those two plays. One was good call regardless of the success of the play. The other one was not worth the risk. but that's my .02
      Sure easy to say now that “was a good call regardless of the results”’, but if they didn’t convert it Al Michaels, Chris Collingsworth and you would have been saying “Take the points” by passing up a FG attempt. People only remember the misses.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BT3241 View Post
        The story i keep hearing is the time out called in OT gave the Raiders a rest to regroup bad move by the coach. Some were scratching their head over that move saying it cost the Chargers the game..
        Jacobs just ripped off a 7 yard run on 2nd and 11.
        If any group needed a rest it was the Chargers defense.

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Also, Murray played 44 of 80 defensive snaps, and Tranquill only 29. I guess he just wasn't really healthy.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Feiler was blocking the defensive lineman at the time......it was the wrong call.

Here is the rule:

In gridiron football, an ineligible receiver downfield, or an ineligible man downfield, is a penalty called against the offensive team when a forward pass is thrown while a player who is ineligible to receive a pass is beyond the line of scrimmage without blocking an opponent at the time of the pass
            Ok, even worse. That call and the PI against Harris were just wrong. Dungy also said the defensive hold call on Nwosu was wrong. Those were 3 critical plays 2 of which lead to points for the Raiders. It doesn't take much to sway an outcome. NFL is rigged

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BT3241 View Post
              The story i keep hearing is the time out called in OT gave the Raiders a rest to regroup bad move by the coach. Some were scratching their head over that move saying it cost the Chargers the game..
              Gave the Raiders a chance to set up a formation that confused the Charger defenders.
              So much to dislike about the coaching decisions and the teams preparation for the game.

McCoy had a more successful freshman year, and he had Whiz to help out.
              Whiz would have told Staley that you are out of your fucking mind going for it on the 19 yard line down by 3 points.
              The whole thing smelled of desperation, not aggressiveness.

I have zero confidence that the offense is going to flower under Lombo next year;
              what they gain in precision will be more than lost by the league getting an offseason to better prepare for it.

Sure, they can use better players at some positions...that will stabilize some of the regression.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Ontario , Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
                The timeout was with 4 seconds left on the play clock and the Raiders were about to snap the ball to run a play out of shotgun on 3rd and 4. The Charger defense looked confused and a couple players were pointing to each other. Staley called the timeout in order to make sure the defense was ready for the 3rd down play because it was important to stop the Raiders there at the 39 yard line. Unfortunately, on the next play the busted a run for 10 yards setting up a more manageable field goal.

The Raiders were not planning on taking a knee before the timeout, and it did not alter anything time wise. People saying this was a game changer either are misguided, reaching, or ignorant as to what occurred.
                There was more risk kicking the field goal than running the clock out which explains why they were mulling their options. Run the clock out they win 100%. Kick a field goal , they could fumble. it could get blocked and returned for a td. Small risk but still a risk.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Feiler was blocking the defensive lineman at the time......it was the wrong call.

Here is the rule:

In gridiron football, an ineligible receiver downfield, or an ineligible man downfield, is a penalty called against the offensive team when a forward pass is thrown while a player who is ineligible to receive a pass is beyond the line of scrimmage without blocking an opponent at the time of the pass
                  That bad call did not cost them the game;
                  they drove past that area anyhow on the following plays and Lombo would have been equally uninventive near the red zone:
                  run to Eck, quick out pattern to Guyton, throw it up there for MWub on the fade route in the endzone, kick the field goal.
                  ....... . .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................:below:
                  I guess they had zero confidence in Norton by that time, but got a kick out of him getting owned so that telesco could be in the drivers seat on a new 4 year deal for Storm.

Comment

• fanatic
                    Registered Chiefs Fan
                    • Dec 2021
                    • Southern California
                    • Realtor
                    • Send PM

Could be! However, Cincy manhandled them in Vegas about 4 weeks ago.

Going to Cincy could not be a pleasant thought.
                    Yep. Raiders are not a good team and most over rate Carr. Its not that hard to put up stats in todays NFL. Raiders will be one and done. I dont think they have a good roster. Expect them to be in last place in the AFC West next year if Denver gets a decent QB.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

Jacobs just ripped off a 7 yard run on 2nd and 11.
                      If any group needed a rest it was the Chargers defense.
                      It was 3rd down;
                      the Chargers held them to 6 yards on the previous two attempts,
                      it seemed like the Raiders were in absolutely no hurry to move it.

The worst part was the idiotic alignment Staley put them in with the next play: the tight end in motion effectively sealed off Bosa (nice block), a linebacker had to guess on which hole, and there was no one else there - they were all to the right of center.

Raider offensive coordinator baited Staley on that one.....and pulled his pants down.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

The thing I just don't get is, with Norton getting abused by Crosby on almost every play, why didn't they give Pipkins a series to see how he did? I can't believe I'm suggesting inserting Pipkins voluntarily, but I am. He looked very good in the last two games he started due to injury.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Ok, even worse. That call and the PI against Harris were just wrong. Dungy also said the defensive hold call on Nwosu was wrong. Those were 3 critical plays 2 of which lead to points for the Raiders. It doesn't take much to sway an outcome. NFL is rigged
                          No, certainly the bad calls influenced the outcome; but it shouldn't have come down to that....Raiders are not a good team and they were in control for most of the game.
                          The boy genius and his fellow freshman coordinators really screwed up badly for that outcome.

Comment

Working...
                          X