Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

It was a festival of Charger mistakes

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
      I'm surprised no one has mentioned that a good portion of the raiders defense was castoffs from our team. WTF is that? our DC is a clown.
      I think Hayward was worth keeping, but Perryman was often hurt and the others were just average or below, but they fit Gus Bradley's system. Hopefully Staley will find players that will work with his system.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Look I'll be honest, I am not sure why he took a TO.

Could it have affected the Raiders' decision-making process? I guess? I doubt it though, I think they were genuinely going for the win and trying to eliminate us.

It's also meaningless - Josh Jacobs was tripping over himself gaining 6-7 yards at ease. I mean they could have kneeled and still gained 5 yards, that's how soft our defense was at that point.
        Carr said it changed their strategy. I take that to mean they ran instead of passed as he also said they did not want a tie and wanted to win. That seems to be being twisted into they were content with a tie and the TO changed their mind.

BTW, Staley called the timeout to change personnel and get the right run group in. Clearly he didn't put the right people in.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

When you see guys like TJ Watt and Max Crosby do their thing you realize how over paid and overvalued Joey Bosa is.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Note to any, I pass by 5 paragraphs.

Comment

• northerner
              Charger fan since '79
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

the dolphins, especially in myhammy, own us.
              that one is a home game.

Comment

• AZBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                I'm surprised no one has mentioned that a good portion of the raiders defense was castoffs from our team. WTF is that? our DC is a clown.
                Yes, I'm on the fence with Lombardi, but Rolando Hill has shown nothing to give any confidence at all......I hope Staley realizes Hilll was a mistake..

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Herbert's state line tonight was 34/64 383 yds, 3 TD passes, 1 INT. I still think Lombardi tends to go too conservative with Herbert. He really wants to have these long, efficient drives with short passes. It's like he doesn't trust Herbert, or the protection, or the WRs, or whatever, to open a deeper passing game. Yet at crunch time when Herbert has to go downfield deeper, he is money. I just feel that on some of the drives that stalled during the game, at least one of those could have turned into points if let Herbert throw deeper more.
                  It’s the protection, lombardi like herbert and the offense playing with hands tied behind their backs, the right side is just bad
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Carr said it changed their strategy. I take that to mean they ran instead of passed as he also said they did not want a tie and wanted to win. That seems to be being twisted into they were content with a tie and the TO changed their mind.

BTW, Staley called the timeout to change personnel and get the right run group in. Clearly he didn't put the right people in.
                    I don't believe them. So Staley's TO all of a sudden irked the Raiders into wanting to win it more than before?

Huh?

I think they saw that Jacobs could get 6-7 yards without much effort so they decided to just hand him the ball no matter what. I think that was their plan all along, just feed him the ball and likely get into FG range. And in the off chance he get stuffed, then they can settle for a miracle FG or just take the tie and claim that was their plan all along.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      When you see guys like TJ Watt and Max Crosby do their thing you realize how over paid and overvalued Joey Bosa is.
                      You do realize that if we traded or let go he would become a superstar again with proper management.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                        Don’t burn me for saying this but, I really enjoyed this season! I can’t say that about 2020, outside of herbert there were almost no positives last year.
                        Good for you! Mean that. I did not enjoy this year with the defense playing like it did. I cannot stand bad defenses and that's us. I want to get over that though. I'd rather be like you.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It’s the protection, lombardi like herbert and the offense playing with hands tied behind their backs, the right side is just bad
                          Outright man handled to the point of professional embarrassment.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X