Hire New DC and Replace Hill? (was Vic Fangio, Wink Martindale)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'm not certain what your point is then: evidently it can be done.
    Chargers of course had the option of sticking with Pipkens - also a 3rd rounder like Parker.

Talent on roster is the point. How good is that talent. Good enough for a coach to help them become a solid starter or not. Good enough to be a number 1 or not.

I didn't say Pipkins who was drafted to be a left tackle and never did it well so they drafted Slater. Maybe Pipkins can become a decent starter at RT. But that a switch of sides which is not easy to do. I'm not sure yet if he has a future as a solid starting RT. Right now he is a swing tackle.

I said no coach can make Norton a solid RT.
    Or Davis a true CB1.
    Are you claiming it can be done???

I don't know what your point is, since you did not respond with anything about Norton or Davis. You brought up different names of players on different teams.
    Can you respond about the specific Chargers roster talent when the post is about specific Chargers talent.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

sadly, TT shoujld be cleaning out his office - but he won't be

i doubt Staley even calls him to offer him a job - he will be loyal to Hill

If STaley replaces Hill with Fangio - that will show me something
      I'd like them to bring in Flores and Fangio.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I really doubt Staley will be replacing his OC/DC after one season. If they fill in the roster next year and still fail, then we can expect some changes.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• rikardo
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

DT, MLB, RT, + resign M. Williams & U. Nwosu

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            I really doubt Staley will be replacing his OC/DC after one season. If they fill in the roster next year and still fail, then we can expect some changes.
            I don't want him to replace the DC.
            Staley calls the defense.

But i do think it would be nice if they added Flores or Fangio as assistant DC or something to get them on staff.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

I can see keeping the Special, OC but the DC can be upgraded asap. What makes you think we will have better results with the same management on defense that this coordinator couldn't figure out in 17 games. We had maybe 4 average defensive games and the rest we're garbage with easy late game collapses. At this point Staley is riding his career on the back of an average coordinator who can and will get everyone fired for next season. Pick your poison as I will be incredibly skeptical of next years defensive performance given this years results.

:shifty:
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I can see keeping the Special, OC but the DC can be upgraded asap. What makes you think we will have better results with the same management on defense that this coordinator couldn't figure out in 17 games. We had maybe 4 average defensive games and the rest we're garbage with easy late game collapses. At this point Staley is riding his career on the back of an average coordinator who can and will get everyone fired for next season. Pick your poison as I will be incredibly skeptical of next years defensive performance given this years results.

:shifty:
                You asked; What makes you think we will have better results with the same management on defense that this coordinator couldn't figure out in 17 games.

I didn't say anything of the sort, I simply said I doubt he'll replace any of them after one season. I think they were his picks and I think he's a loyal sort of guy. I didn't even say I think that's the right thing to do.

What makes me think we could have better results next year? Better players and of course, this years players and coaches experience they learned from this season. Think about how much better White and Nwousu were this year compared to a year ago. These guys do get better.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

You asked; What makes you think we will have better results with the same management on defense that this coordinator couldn't figure out in 17 games.

I didn't say anything of the sort, I simply said I doubt he'll replace any of them after one season. I think they were his picks and I think he's a loyal sort of guy. I didn't even say I think that's the right thing to do.

What makes me think we could have better results next year? Better players and of course, this years players and coaches experience they learned from this season. Think about how much better White and Nwousu were this year compared to a year ago. These guys do get better.
                  When your GM can get fired for your actions or non-actions you lose all rights to keep your desired coaching staff. If the GM feels you have fielded substandard coaches and wants to replace him with someone they trust to do a good job then you do so. If you don't like the request feel free to resign. While learning to do a head coaching job you should not be having to do someone else's job in addition to yours.

:coffee:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Hire Vic Fangio. Fuck Renaldo Hill’s feelings.

Go watch Vics 2018 Bears destroy their opponents
                    with a four man pass rush on YouTube. Vic is a mythical God-like creature in Chicago and SHOULD be one among Charger fans who grasp smart defensive football.

Lastly, Vic has salary offsets and Denver will pay his pro-rated salary.

This is a PRO Vic Fangio post.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                      Hire Vic Fangio. Fuck Renaldo Hill’s feelings.

Go watch Vics 2018 Bears destroy their opponents
                      with a four man pass rush on YouTube. Vic is a mythical God-like creature in Chicago and SHOULD be one among Charger fans who grasp smart defensive football.

Lastly, Vic has salary offsets and Denver will pay his pro-rated salary.

This is a PRO Vic Fangio post.
                      But we can't have nice things.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Dear Dean Spanos, if you want to win the 2022 AFC WEST, sign Vic Fangio as DC.

OTOH, Stand pat if you are simply entering a second year of letting your investment mature before selling in two years.

OK, thanks.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                          Dear Dean Spanos, if you want to win the 2022 AFC WEST, sign Vic Fangio as DC.

OTOH, Stand pat if you are simply entering a second year of letting your investment mature before selling in two years.

OK, thanks.
                          This upcoming offseason will be the most defining for Herbert's rookie contract with the Chargers. I wanted a head coach with experience, but stayley is what we got. So we just have to see how it plays out now going forward since he will be here a while.

Will he learn quickly from this?

Special teams and the offensive line moved in the right direction this season. But defense needs to make a huge improvement this offseason as it looks worse then ever. I can't think of a better guy to do it than Vic right now at DC.

I doubt chargers make this type of move though.

Comment

Working...
                          X