• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bartman83642
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Sorry I think I was confusing him with Seau. Blame Butler for what happened.
    Still probably confusing him with someone else. Junior started all but 8 games in 13 years. As for me I would put more of that blame on Marty than Butler. Butler was on his last legs and died just a few days after the trade. Pretty sure Marty wanted to get rid of Seau so he could bring in his guy Donnie Edwards from KC. Couldn't be just pure coincidence that he showed up right after Junior was shown the door.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

Still probably confusing him with someone else. Junior started all but 8 games in 13 years. As for me I would put more of that blame on Marty than Butler. Butler was on his last legs and died just a few days after the trade. Pretty sure Marty wanted to get rid of Seau so he could bring in his guy Donnie Edwards from KC. Couldn't be just pure coincidence that he showed up right after Junior was shown the door.
      Junior only missed three games during his last season with us. He played 15 games the following year with Miami. And then it started to unravel. Obviously start’s don’t take into account games that he started but didn’t play through.

Checkout the latest stats for Junior Seau. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

Comment

Even Aaron Donald is neutralized with a double team. Bosa is probably in the top 5 DL pass rushers in the league

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Yeah fact is the other guys across from Bosa aint good enough.We need to draft or sign a real pass rush threat Finally.You see how long Carr had in the pocket last game?Any QB is gonna roast us like that.Get Bosa REAL help.

Comment

• bartman83642
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Junior only missed three games during his last season with us. He played 15 games the following year with Miami. And then it started to unravel. Obviously start’s don’t take into account games that he started but didn’t play through.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...S/SeauJu00.htm
            Yeah, he missed 3 games in the last season with us. I included those in the 8 games he didn't start during his time in SD. So do you know how many games he didn't play through with the Chargers? I don't but I am guessing it wasn't very many as he was known for playing through pain. Also never finished lower than 3rd on the team in total tackles while in SD. even during the year he missed 3 games. Kind of hard to do if you leave too many games early.

Comment

• SBbound
              Casual fanatic
              • Feb 2019
              • Merced/San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

There was a rumor at the time that there was two teams in the locker room, the San Diego Chargers and the Seau & Harrison Chargers and that Marty wanted to change the culture.
              Last edited by SBbound; 01-12-2022, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

There was a rumor at the time that there was two teams in the locker room, the San Diego Chargers and the Seau & Harrison Chargers and that Marty wanted to change the culture.
                The previous defensive coordinator under Mike Reilly would hand the defensive game plan to Jr. & Rodney during the week,
                and Jr. & Rodney would go over what they wanted to run and what they didn't want to run.

When Marty came in and wanted them to take notes during meetings: a lot of the players balked.
                Jr intervened and said they hadn't had much success the other way, so they might as well go along with it.

This i heard out of the mouths of Jr. & Rodney.

Of course, Marty would have just played backups that first year if his style didn't suit the starters.

That is how Marty changes cultures.

I wish Staley success doing that.

Comment

• chris9341
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

So you want to make our league worst run defense more horrible?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                    So you want to make our league worst run defense more horrible?
                    If they are routinely ignoring what Staley and Hill want them to do...then yes: go with the subs, & than get new players next year who are coachable.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                      Just watched highlights of the game.
                      Anyone who thinks Bosa is done, go focus on him.

It is ridiculous the amount of attention the Raiders gave to Bosa in pass protection.
                      One rb chipping, a second helping out the OT, both waiting for Bosa.

The Raiders were not going to let this guy beat them.

Meanwhile, with Maxx Crosby.......he looked like Lawrence taylor because they isolated him all day against Storm.

Bosa had the better game.
                      OC should get a citation for malfeasance in handling Max Crosby. I kept screaming at the TV saying how can you leave Storm one on one versus Max.

Frankly, that looked even worse than going for 4th on our 18 yard line in 3rd quarter.

coaching across the board was the worst I’ve ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X