First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ghost
    replied
    FmhFlf8WYAME0fj.jpg

The jet sweep handoff netted 4 carries for -21. Daniel Popper is telling it straight.

Leave a comment:

• GetBolted
    replied
    I kept waiting for Lombo to pull out some plays to show us he was sandbagging all year. Nope. I was also wondering where Horvath has been. He scored two TD's our first 2 games then he disappeared. I had higher hopes they would let him get some carries and have him be our short yardage guy, or sneak out of the backfiled a'la Lo'Neal and catch some passes. Also dissapointed they didn't get Spiller going. This staff either drafts the wrong players or is incapable of developing them. Matt Canda is Lombo 2.0 and would be more of the same so i hope that doesn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• Cdn Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

LOL, they took Chargering to a different level. There was however bits and pieces of the old Chargering methods. 3rd and 1 foot to go, 95% chance of converting, except when you run an audible to a slow, small 3rd string slot receiver who is more or less clueless. Note to Staley: Bandi is not Deebo. Then there is the missed 40 yard field goal, very typical Chargering. Add bone head penalties at critical times and that completes the old Chargering methods. But wait there is more and this is where they take it to another level. 5 turnovers in our favor versus 0 for the other team. We won the turnover battle big time and we didn't turn the ball over. Yet we lost the game. This goes very much against the traditional football saying. This surpasses the Falcons 28-3 meltdown in the SB, because we were not facing Brady/Belichick. This was a 9-8 team that at one point had lost 5 in a row. Chargering to a higher level and a game that will go down in Charger lore as one of many to forget.
    Yup . They also dont realise the scrubs they use as quick cheap bandaid roster repairs vs getting real depth can't hold up under real playoff pressure So Dicker the kicker who has played above his UDFA level chokes on his 40 yd attempt. Either cheapness or hubris in thinking they can turn all these UDFA scrubs into probowlers.

Alohi Gilman has played well but he is a 6th rounder . He blew a coverage and was nowhere near Zay Jones who walked in for a 39 yd td.

The OL gave up 3 sacks and 10 QB hits. CIN was down 3 starters and kept the pocket relatively clean in comparison.

Adam Schefter on ESPN is saying there is no way you lose a game like this up double digits w a 5 TO advantage and have no fall out from it. Rex Ryan (1st video ) blasts few running plays to run out the clock & compares him to Jeff Saturday lol.

Chargers vs. Jaguars - NFL Game Recap - January 14, 2023 | ESPN

My gut tells me they do nothing and blame it on injuries.
    Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 01-16-2023, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Riverwalk
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    What if they don't do anything and keep this shit coaching staff in place?Yall still gonna tune in?Serious question,just curious.
    Sure….with sharpened knives.

Leave a comment:

• SDBORN
    replied
    Originally posted by ghost View Post

I sat through three bad coaching hires in-a-row under Dean Spanos - McCoy, Lynn, & Staley - I am awaiting Dean's decision to stand pat this week. Then I'm gone as a fan.
    You're just getting your feet wet my friend

Leave a comment:

• ghost
    replied
    Originally posted by captaind View Post

Nope, I'm outta here.
    I sat through three bad coaching hires in-a-row under Dean Spanos - McCoy, Lynn, & Staley - I am awaiting Dean's decision to stand pat this week. Then I'm gone as a fan.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianBoltFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    What if they don't do anything and keep this shit coaching staff in place?Yall still gonna tune in?Serious question,just curious.
    One encouraging thing from the early whispers anyways...is that he will meet with ownership...will likley keep his job but will have to make significant staff changes

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Interesting listen to Colin Cowherd with Sean Payton. Cowherd’s issue with the Chargers all along has been the team’s La k of identity. Who are the Chargers? He still doesn’t know and believes it cost them. Nothing that they could lean on as things went south. Payton hemmed and hawed. But basically said he didn’t understand how the Chargers defense lost connection in the second half and that you have to be able to control clock with that kind of lead
    I thiink - all things equal - somebody wants to coach Justin Herbert and figure out the rest

Leave a comment:

• charger1_sj
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It was only AFCWCG.
    Before the whole football world.
    And yet there is progress.
    Last year it was but a season finally.
    We will get there.
    Chargering is a myth.
    Myths are only destroyed by playing solid, intelligent football until the final whistle.

Take the Bengals.
    Look at their history.
    Simple Greg Roman and Tyler Freakin' Huntley came within a whisker of hoisting them by their own petard.
    Remember the Dan Bunz hit on Charles Alexander at the goalline SB XVI ?
    Chargering is real and it even started one week before we even played the game. Risking getting key players hurt in a meaningless game, and it happened.
    Classic Chargering.

Leave a comment:

• Lefty2SLO
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Hang in brother.
    I might have ~ 15 more years.
    That should be enough.
    I'm impressed with your optimism . . . . . or delusion - you decide.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Originally posted by captaind View Post

Nope, I'm outta here.
    Hang in brother.
    I might have ~ 15 more years.
    That should be enough.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

LOL, they took Chargering to a different level. There was however bits and pieces of the old Chargering methods. 3rd and 1 foot to go, 95% chance of converting, except when you run an audible to a slow, small 3rd string slot receiver who is more or less clueless. Note to Staley: Bandi is not Deebo. Then there is the missed 40 yard field goal, very typical Chargering. Add bone head penalties at critical times and that completes the old Chargering methods. But wait there is more and this is where they take it to another level. 5 turnovers in our favor versus 0 for the other team. We won the turnover battle big time and we didn't turn the ball over. Yet we lost the game. This goes very much against the traditional football saying. This surpasses the Falcons 28-3 meltdown in the SB, because we were not facing Brady/Belichick. This was a 9-8 team that at one point had lost 5 in a row. Chargering to a higher level and a game that will go down in Charger lore as one of many to forget.
    It was only AFCWCG.
    Before the whole football world.
    And yet there is progress.
    Last year it was but a season finally.
    We will get there.
    Chargering is a myth.
    Myths are only destroyed by playing solid, intelligent football until the final whistle.

Take the Bengals.
    Look at their history.
    Simple Greg Roman and Tyler Freakin' Huntley came within a whisker of hoisting them by their own petard.
    Remember the Dan Bunz hit on Charles Alexander at the goalline SB XVI ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X