First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blueman
    replied
    Originally posted by captaind View Post

Playing someone as key -- and as fragile -- as Mike Williams during a game of no consequence was a fireable offense by itself.
    This.

Leave a comment:

• bolthead123
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Twice in one season he gets out coached badly by Pederson.

Huge red flags everywhere. The mismanagement of injured players. The boneheaded play in Cleveland that almost lost us the game.

But basically we're betting this guy takes us to at least a conference championship game next year (because that's the bar) based on what growth exactly?

This is insanity.
    This. 100%

Leave a comment:

• captaind
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Huge red flags everywhere. The mismanagement of injured players. The boneheaded play in Cleveland that almost lost us the game.

But basically we're betting this guy takes us to at least a conference championship game next year (because that's the bar) based on what growth exactly?

This is insanity.
    Playing someone as key -- and as fragile -- as Mike Williams during a game of no consequence was a fireable offense by itself.

Leave a comment:

• Boltx
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

This is what turned me. I was a big supporter, working thru growing pains, evolving, yada yada. But even a team with a few key backups shouldn’t lose by 28. Its not like he had 22 backups playing. Staley lost the last 31 minutes 31-3.

This is insanity.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Joey was never a leader, but he's a keeper in my book.
    I agree that his blowout says more about the lack of leadership on that D or on the sidelines.
    Mack is more of a peer to him unfortunately.
    James I suspect isn't the leader he's made out to be.
    No coach there is a true Alpha.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    What if they don't do anything and keep this shit coaching staff in place?Yall still gonna tune in?Serious question,just curious.
    some will say no but of course we all still will. Its our team . Nobody spends 20 hrs a week on a fucking Internet forum that ain’t coming back to watch the next game.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post

This doesn’t take the sting out of giving up a 27-0 lead. Writers for LA Times and Popper pointing out that Staley was outcoached badly in the second half by Pedersen. We didn’t turn the ball over and gave up a 27-0 lead? Hard to fathom. It could be argued that the failed 3rd and 1 at the end of the first half was like a turnover after a short punt gave JaX a short field to score with.

mad for injuries, losing Davis, Carter and Salyer in the game were impactful. Made more so by our thin ranks at all 3 positions. It’s hard to go 3 deep at key positions
    This is what turned me. I was a big supporter, working thru growing pains, evolving, yada yada. But even a team with a few key backups shouldn’t lose by 28. Its not like he had 22 backups playing. Staley lost the last 31 minutes 31-3.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

Brilliant idea, our already shitty defense needs to lose its best pass rusher to really come into its own. 32 year old Khalil Mack is all we need, he and Chris Rumph can totally hold down the fort.

Jesus christ this is dumb.
    2.5 sacks, 10 combined tackles. 2023 all star stuff. He’s had 12 sacks once in his 7 year career. 20 NFL players had 10+ sacks in 2022. Get a new edge player is the idea here. I’m open to the idea but Rumph isnt the other half of that strategy.

Leave a comment:

• SK21209
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m cool with that. Two blunders cost big in the last game, his market value may exceed my personal assessment. He’s supposed to be a seasoned vet, thats just shit leadership imo. Yes he was being held all day, yes that is bullshit. Still can’t cost the team what turned out to be the game winning point by throwing a tantrum on the field.

and the off sides was a total killer. Not that a staff of coaches and 21 other players didn’t have chances to win, but just those two plays and we are probably playing next week.
    Brilliant idea, our already shitty defense needs to lose its best pass rusher to really come into its own. 32 year old Khalil Mack is all we need, he and Chris Rumph can totally hold down the fort.

Jesus christ this is dumb.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

First thing I am doing this offseason is seeing what value Joey Bosa has in the trade market. Cap hit of $31m with $24m guaranteed

If you can trade him - you save $17m of cap space

I don't even care if its a 6th round pick
    I’m cool with that. Two blunders cost big in the last game, his market value may exceed my personal assessment. He’s supposed to be a seasoned vet, thats just shit leadership imo. Yes he was being held all day, yes that is bullshit. Still can’t cost the team what turned out to be the game winning point by throwing a tantrum on the field.

and the off sides was a total killer. Not that a staff of coaches and 21 other players didn’t have chances to win, but just those two plays and we are probably playing next week.

Leave a comment:

• SuperCharged
    replied
    Still sick from that loss.

Staley needs to go. He's a coordinator not a HC imo.

Bosa needs to go. The amount paid and the production in return is so far out of balance.

Not a fan of MW contract. He did not deserve that kind of money. He has been a career average WR. Not a #7 pick type of production. He is always injured as well. Sorry but that $$$ is wasted.

Our WR group lacks speed and explosiveness. We need an infusion of speed @ WR.

We need 2 space eaters on the DL. I don't care as much for push up the middle as I do for holding the LOS and occupying blockers so our LB's are free to run.

??? What to do with K9. He has flashed this year however he still seems lost in coverage still. He never finds the passing lanes and is always 2-3 yards out of position.

I think our O line's future looks bright.

Lastly, I really feel that JH's release point has dropped since the rib injury. He needs to work on getting his release point higher. 6'6 he should have very few balls tipped. I don't recall many tipped balls prior to the injury. When defenses are aware of this they are looking for the release to get that pass knockdown. The only thing that can be changed is his release point, cause the defenses sure aren't going to change.

Leave a comment:

• Boltinloudguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    What if they don't do anything and keep this shit coaching staff in place?Yall still gonna tune in?Serious question,just curious.
    l’ll try real hard not to. I’ll try to watch the team that has the coach the Chargers should have hired 2 years ago in Brian Daboll and his Giants. I’m excited to see what they can accomplish with him at the helm. It just kills me inside to see what he has done with Daniel Jones and think of the possibilities what he could have done with Herbert.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X