First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lefty2SLO
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

some will say no but of course we all still will. Its our team . Nobody spends 20 hrs a week on a fucking Internet forum that ain’t coming back to watch the next game.
    Guilty as charged (not 20 hrs week though)

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Hes not wrong
    Rex wanted to coach the Chargers real bad, you might remember.

Staley's coaching is exactly what we need IMV...results will inevitably come.

Arrogance will be more correctly perceived as confidence, and appropriate too, to overcome our half century of demons.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianBoltFan
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    That's rich Rex.
    Hes not wrong

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Alohi picked up his game later
    Bring back Guyton for cheap but get another WR with return abilities. I am considering Downs the Tarheel in round 2. He will prolly go earlier after Indy.
    Jones would be nice! Gotta love Jones. Bit of a carbon copy of Slater. Sort 'em out later. But continue to build quality Oline depth.
    Another Golden Domer...? Well he did also go to Northwestern. lol. I like his processing. IDK about Woods. Nasir, like Pip is gone.
    CB is high on my list.
    CB at #24 overall may be the winning play. Someone mean and chonky, who can cover and tackle. JC is up to 0.5 mph on the exercise bike today. I see your thoughts re Vato. I want to restructure and spread his contract out if we can.
    Last edited by wu-dai clan; 01-16-2023, 08:57 PM. Reason: sorry about the typos

Leave a comment:

• Fleet 1
    replied
    My guess is this thread will RIP soon. Well done everyone. This was a monster thread with a ton of great intel and takes. You are amazing and keep up the good work. Hope for better days ahead. I mean thats all we can do. Its so tough sometimes. Not gonna lie...i just feel hopeless for the hapless sometimes. I have deep seeded resentments that get the best of me. I just wish the spanos fam could stay out of the operational side of things. Wish is all im saying. Thats all it is. You dont need to tell me it will never happen.

Leave a comment:

• ghost
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Staley was your boy! You got to give him one more year at least.
    A new OC would make many happy but then it's a new system for Herbert to learn again. Not much stability there. Unless there is someone else who runs a Saints type offense they can hire.
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    That's rich Rex.

Leave a comment:

• nomad1946
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

A new OC would make many happy but then it's a new system for Herbert to learn again. Not much stability there. Unless there is someone else who runs a Saints type offense they can hire.
    As I see it, the problem is many here do not want a Saints type of offense, they want an Air Coryell type of offense, with JH throwing 40-50 yard bombs all game.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianBoltFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I could understand if MW had been healthy and durable all year, maybe a final tuneup, sure. But he missed significant time with the ankle and was gimpy all year.

Like he just has zero feel for basic things.
    Rex Ryan really teed off on Staley today

NO excuse for blowing a 27 point lead ever
    Staley was too inexperienced to be hired as a head coach

But most of all Rex said the worst thing about Staley is that he thinks he is smarter than everyone else, he doesnt respect coaching in the NFL...doesnt respect the Bills....Parcells, Walsh, Belichek etc....the experienced guys who win Super Bowls that make the basic football decisions that win football games....like run the ball when you have a 20 point lead with a half to go...not 22 passes and 6 rush attempts...Ekler had 43 yards from scrimmage...Staley and his analytics, he thinks he is cutting edge and really smart...sometimes winning means make the basic, sensible coaching decisions

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by ghost View Post

I sat through three bad coaching hires in-a-row under Dean Spanos - McCoy, Lynn, & Staley - I am awaiting Dean's decision to stand pat this week. Then I'm gone as a fan.

Leave a comment:

• Boltx
    replied
    Originally posted by captaind View Post

Playing someone as key -- and as fragile -- as Mike Williams during a game of no consequence was a fireable offense by itself.
    I could understand if MW had been healthy and durable all year, maybe a final tuneup, sure. But he missed significant time with the ankle and was gimpy all year.

Like he just has zero feel for basic things.

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Alohi played over Nasir.
    Guyton is RFA.

Quickly,
    I like Jones, Georgia OT
    and
    Joseph Notre Dame Safety.

Gotta find a Round 3 CB.
    Alohi picked up his game later
    Bring back Guyton for cheap but get another WR with return abilities.
    Jones would be nice!
    Another Golden Domer...?
    CB is high on my list.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X