First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Rex must disagree. He doesn't know Staley and always talks shit about him.
    He has done that since the beginning. Staley obviously had nothing to do with it, but he will take shots against the franchise he once wanted to be a part of so bad.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltx View Post

This makes no sense. Staley had nothing to do with Lynn getting fired. Lynn got fired because he couldn't get the job done in 4 years.
    Rex must disagree. He doesn't know Staley and always talks shit about him.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

This thread must remain pinned into perpetuity as a constant reminder of the disgrace that was and what we need to move away from.
    Agreed.
    until we win a superbowl.

Leave a comment:

• jaguarmanftype
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    My guess is this thread will RIP soon. Well done everyone. This was a monster thread with a ton of great intel and takes. You are amazing and keep up the good work. Hope for better days ahead. I mean thats all we can do. Its so tough sometimes. Not gonna lie...i just feel hopeless for the hapless sometimes. I have deep seeded resentments that get the best of me. I just wish the spanos fam could stay out of the operational side of things. Wish is all im saying. Thats all it is. You dont need to tell me it will never happen.
    This thread must remain pinned into perpetuity as a constant reminder of the disgrace that was and what we need to move away from.
    Last edited by jaguarmanftype; 01-17-2023, 12:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Boltx
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    This makes no sense. Staley had nothing to do with Lynn getting fired. Lynn got fired because he couldn't get the job done in 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• Boltgang74
    replied
    Screenshot_20230116-213404_Brave.jpg

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Mauch has position flexibility.
    One of the most important traits.
    We are using some Power concepts, which draws me to O'Cyrus.

I am always a late bloomer in draft study.

The work you, F21, beach, LB, Dude, Texas et al put in-don't mean to leave anyone out- is tremendously appreciated.
    Critty comes up large in Group Mock Draft work.
    Yep, there are many who put in the work. I always appreciate you keen Eye. You'll have to sell me on the Golden Domer. I was big on another safety... so many questions this off-season. For some, the season is over. I suspect for you, I, and others... the new season has already begun.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yep, Vato has played his way into my heart. I'm sure the Chargers will find a way to extend him.
    JC may be done, I'm afraid. I wouldn't count on him for next year. Losing Callahan is going to hurt.
    Our boy Asante had himself a game... too bad he can't run block.

Speaking of run-blocking... I found a real dandy! Cody Mauch, North Dakota State.
    Hell, I found me a whole bushel that should last until the late 2nd round.
    Clark Phillips is my favorite #24 choice lately.

Why don't you head over to the Draft pages... we can let these fellas sort out who should/shouldn't be fired....
    Mauch has position flexibility.
    One of the most important traits.
    We are using some Power concepts, which draws me to O'Cyrus.

I am always a late bloomer in draft study.

The work you, F21, beach, LB, Dude, Texas et al put in-don't mean to leave anyone out- is tremendously appreciated.
    Critty comes up large in Group Mock Draft work.

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

CB at #24 overall may be the winning play. Someone mean and chonky, who can cover and tackle. JC is up to 0.5 mph on the exercise bike today. I see your thoughts re Vato. I want to restructure and spread his contract out if we can.
    Yep, Vato has played his way into my heart. I'm sure the Chargers will find a way to extend him.
    JC may be done, I'm afraid. I wouldn't count on him for next year. Losing Callahan is going to hurt.
    Our boy Asante had himself a game... too bad he can't run block.

Speaking of run-blocking... I found a real dandy! Cody Mauch, North Dakota State.
    Hell, I found me a whole bushel that should last until the late 2nd round.
    Clark Phillips is my favorite #24 choice lately.

Why don't you head over to the Draft pages... we can let these fellas sort out who should/shouldn't be fired....

Leave a comment:

• Lefty2SLO
    replied
    Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Rex Ryan really teed off on Staley today

NO excuse for blowing a 27 point lead ever
    Staley was too inexperienced to be hired as a head coach

But most of all Rex said the worst thing about Staley is that he thinks he is smarter than everyone else, he doesnt respect coaching in the NFL...doesnt respect the Bills....Parcells, Walsh, Belichek etc....the experienced guys who win Super Bowls that make the basic football decisions that win football games....like run the ball when you have a 20 point lead with a half to go...not 22 passes and 6 rush attempts...Ekler had 43 yards from scrimmage...Staley and his analytics, he thinks he is cutting edge and really smart...sometimes winning means make the basic, sensible coaching decisions

Rex is a blowhard, and normally I don't pay attention to anything he says. Unfortunately some of his criticisms appear to be correct. Most particularly the one about Staley thinking he's smarter than everyone else. Brandon Staley is a very smart guy, now if he mixes in some common sense we might actually have something . . . .

Maybe, just maybe, the Mike Williams thing and this epic collapse will pound some humility into his head. I certainly hope so - I had high hopes for him . . . .

Leave a comment:

• Berserker76
    replied
    Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Rex Ryan really teed off on Staley today

NO excuse for blowing a 27 point lead ever
    Staley was too inexperienced to be hired as a head coach

But most of all Rex said the worst thing about Staley is that he thinks he is smarter than everyone else, he doesnt respect coaching in the NFL...doesnt respect the Bills....Parcells, Walsh, Belichek etc....the experienced guys who win Super Bowls that make the basic football decisions that win football games....like run the ball when you have a 20 point lead with a half to go...not 22 passes and 6 rush attempts...Ekler had 43 yards from scrimmage...Staley and his analytics, he thinks he is cutting edge and really smart...sometimes winning means make the basic, sensible coaching decisions

Not a big fan of Rex but it's tough to argue with this. Not sure if Staley will mature out of these flaws, sometimes you just can't change your personality.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X