First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boltnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

I trust your eye. Do you see Pip as a lockdown tackle or a stop gap for better talent ?

And yeah PFF is not the end all. People who hang their hats on them end up looking foolish. Even Bill Bellichick says PFF is BS - not knowing the playbook for starters to determine who fucked up. I know many pro teams all use PFF as as metric to keep up with the joneses but it does not negate what Billy B said.
    Trey Pipkins is an average RT. Somewhere between La'el Collins and Chukwuma Okafor. Now everybody may discredit PFF, but Pip's agent is going to use those scores to get that next contract. That puts Pip's "value" right around $8.5 million per year (OTC has him @$9.5 million).

Herbert's 2024 salary (5th year option) jumps up to $30+ million. Ain't no way I'm paying an average RT $8.5 million per year.
    Especially when I have a rookie OT that has already played better (in his 1st year) than Pipkins played in his 4th year.
    I'm looking @OT's in the 2nd round. And if I believe Salyer is my future RT for the next 3 years... I'm looking @OG in the 4th round.

Chargers are $13 million over the cap next year... I wouldn't make plans for re-signing everybody/anybody. If I'm re-signing someone, it would be Morgan Fox.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied

I trust your eye. Do you see Pip as a lockdown tackle or a stop gap for better talent ?

And yeah PFF is not the end all. People who hang their hats on them end up looking foolish. Even Bill Bellichick says PFF is BS - not knowing the playbook for starters to determine who fucked up. I know many pro teams all use PFF as as metric to keep up with the joneses but it does not negate what Billy B said.
    Lockdown? As in Slater? No.....but he has been going to that OL camp and he looks a lot better with more room to grow. If he can stay healthy I would not be worried about RT with him there.
    Now Sarrell is a different story. We need better depth. Jaimes needs to be upgraded as well at OG

Leave a comment:

• Trumpet Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I say that all the time. PFF is so overrated.

We need to resign Pip. Took him a while but i think he is worthy of keeping.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Ramczyk is a RT and he makes more than 40 out of 44 LT’s in the league.

Ramczyk makes about 6 times what the LT is making on his team.

That may be because their LT.....both of them are rookies.
    Would it kill you to research ANYTHING before you make statements?

This may surprise you as well.
    Ramczyk has also been named a pro bowler 3 times and a 1st team All Pro once.

And according to Sportrac he is 5th highest paid OT. He is 1 of 2 RTs in the top 10 for salaries.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

”lock down RT” - get the fuck out, thats not even a thing.

This is exactly the dumbass stupid thinking that causes us to wake up one morning and find Storm Fucking Norton taking the field at RT. Re-Sign Pip and don’t be a moron about it already. Fuck PFF and their stupid ass made up pseudo stats, we have all watched Pip play all year. He protects Herbie and we all know it. We saw the immediate difference when he was out. We saw the immediate improvement when he went back in.

Protect The Franchise! Sign him before he clears out his locker for the off-season
    I say that all the time. PFF is so overrated.

We need to resign Pip. Took him a while but i think he is worthy of keeping.

Leave a comment:

• Trumpet Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I should have said on average LT's have traditionally been paid more the RT. That's always been the case. Exception would be a left handed QB who needs his blind side with stronger (RT protection).

Leave a comment:

• Trumpet Man
    replied

Who cares about the trust? You said all 32 owners had to approve any change in charitable expenses, that they approve every penny spent. That was the start of your bizarre trust fetish segue, and you were wrong. You’re choo-choo.
    It was 24 owners. Not 32.

Hey is your band really called the Door Dash Hookers ? That is fucking funny if so. I just made that name up in the game day thread.

Leave a comment:

• Riverwalk
    replied

Bullshit ? So dramatic.

If the league has evolved where you are debunking the RT myth then why are LT's paid MORE than a RT ???

Is it stupidity or maybe just maybe there is a reason at LT is paid more to protect the blindside of a QB ?

So apologies to Mr. Pipkins I'll save for YOU if YOU feel the need to apologize for others.

Oh and the Chargers trust (36% of the team and not 100%) were not always LEGAL. Trusts were 100% illegal in the NFL until recently. If you care to discuss and get buried again to cry uncle - let's rock.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied

You are the one who said the team was entirely in the trust to prove your point about charitable contributions and willingness to throw money around. Too bad you were wrong but could not admit it. I can conduct a civil debate without name calling. You on the other hand lose your cookies. You know I am capable to return the favor but will not out of respect to Fleet. You wanted a bite with choo-choo references. Mad I did not take your bait bro ? The clown crack addict freak and whatever weak ass insults you can muster speaks volumes.

Now for Pete's sakes ... BTFU and come correct.
    Who cares about the trust? You said all 32 owners had to approve any change in charitable expenses, that they approve every penny spent. That was the start of your bizarre trust fetish segue, and you were wrong. You’re choo-choo.

Leave a comment:

• Trumpet Man
    replied

Again with the trust? Lol, you’re a freak. I don’t give a fuck about the trust, bro, never did.
    You are the one who said the team was entirely in the trust to prove your point about charitable contributions and willingness to throw money around. Too bad you were wrong but could not admit it. I can conduct a civil debate without name calling. You on the other hand lose your cookies. You know I am capable to return the favor but will not out of respect to Fleet. You wanted a bite with choo-choo references. Mad I did not take your bait bro ? The clown crack addict freak and whatever weak ass insults you can muster speaks volumes.

Now for Pete's sakes ... BTFU and come correct.

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied
    IMO, Salyer has earned a shot to perform at RT. He did better in his 1st year than Pip did in his 4th year. He'll only improve. OT's are hard to find. Don't look this gift-horse in the mouth.

The OG position is much deeper than the OT position this draft. You can get a good one in the 4th round. An OG that could play next year should be the target. It would be wise to look for a guy that could play center once Linsley retires.

The highest I'd be willing to pick OT/OG is the 2nd round. And only if the right one was there... I see 5 or 6 OT's that I believe are 1st/2nd round grades.

So the question is... how much draft capital do you want to spend? A 2nd rounder or a 4th/5th rounder...?

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied

Bullshit ? So dramatic.

If the league has evolved where you are debunking the RT myth then why are LT's paid MORE than a RT ???

Is it stupidity or maybe just maybe there is a reason at LT is paid more to protect the blindside of a QB ?

So apologies to Mr. Pipkins I'll save for YOU if YOU feel the need to apologize for others.

Oh and the Chargers trust (36% of the team and not 100%) were not always LEGAL. Trusts were 100% illegal in the NFL until recently. If you care to discuss and get buried again to cry uncle - let's rock.
    Again with the trust? Lol, you’re a freak. I don’t give a fuck about the trust, bro, never did.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X