• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

This forum misses Ninja, especially at this time of the year.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      This forum misses Ninja, especially at this time of the year.
      100%
      Ninja come back
      you can blame it alll on meeee
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Was i the only one who had a older vet stud Pass Rusher headed our way? I mean plenty hated the idea. lol

Ive been saying for a while now that we are in win now mode. And that this offseason will be filled with this sort of stuff for us.

You can expect a fairly exciting offseason.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
          Was i the only one who had a older vet stud Pass Rusher headed our way? I mean plenty hated the idea. lol

Ive been saying for a while now that we are in win now mode. And that this offseason will be filled with this sort of stuff for us.

Maybe,....yes.
          I never saw Khalil Mack coming. I do think that even though we have Rumph with a season under his belt, we need another pass rusher in case Mack gets hurt and to rotate in for when/ if we move Bosa inside at times.

I'm not ready to name a first round target til we see what we do in FA'cy. I will say I don't think RT will be the best value at 17 so maybe we trade down some but that means we could lose out on Walker, Davis, McDuffie, Lloyd, or Dean.

Just don't see WR at 17 now.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

to be fair
            having a rookie qb salary helps too
            Interesting comment.
            Telesco had Rivers for 7 seasons
            Herbert rookie deal and the rest of his career he won't be on a rookie deal.

Is Telesco only chance to do any championship level GM really limited to just a few season of Herbert rookie deal? Is this or next season his end of that window because I'm assuming they are smart enough to extend sooner than later.

And then what he has the excuse of having a QB on a big contract so he cannot draft better and resign better.

I don't buy it. Telesco better have a Superbowl appearance in the next 2 season or he should be fired.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Maybe,....yes.
              I never saw Khalil Mack coming. I do think that even though we have Rumph with a season under his belt, we need another pass rusher in case Mack gets hurt and to rotate in for when/ if we move Bosa inside at times.

I'm not ready to name a first round target til we see what we do in FA'cy. I will say I don't think RT will be the best value at 17 so maybe we trade down some but that means we could lose out on Walker, Davis, McDuffie, Lloyd, or Dean.

Just don't see WR at 17 now.
              Didn’t get the license # of that Mack Truck but really figured Staley would prefer a bundle of mid-tier free agent signings to improve depth & stud on the back-end. Now maybe whole enchilada
              :que:

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Once Herbert is a veteran he will be better at elevating the guys around him, like how Rivers could in the prime of his career (27 to 33 or so?). We probably won't be carrying $40M APY in WRs then. Right now stability matters to his development.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

I was hoping for Jones or Miller or Houston over Nwosu. Mack wasn't on my radar.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You guys stretch the extreme to ignore the obvious. Of course we don’t need to keep all day 7 players. But the fact we have kept ZERO in 9 years says everything about the draft success of Mr Draft & Resign. Thats his motto, his approach to building a team, i didnt write it for him.

Getting a few more Late Day 3 comp picks to replace the Day 3 picks that didn’t pan out is just rinsing and repeating. Our backup quality has been very poor for quite awhile, this is why. You can’t build a quality roster with depth with just 3 picks a year. He’s not getting quality backups in later rounds, he’s drafted scrub roster filler and when a starter goes down and one of the bottom fodder have to go in - we all see it.

Hoping the last 2 drafts start to turn this abysmal record around.
                    Agreed.

Staley mentioned in a recent interview they value people who can play man to man and that they have to work on improving the depth. Well aren't those issues mostly the GM job to accomplish. Isn't that a bit of saying Telesco hasn't stocked the cupboards well enough.

Let's say Chargers drafted Slater because Brandon wanted him. And really liked him and even said I like him at tackle as his size was being questioned. And then he gets that type of season from the rookie. If that happened. Staley is the real deal and gets to decide. Telesco just following the HC orders.Pushed him to go get Mack. Staley even mentioning how he looks at vets around the league and said he needs find a comp in FA or draft
                    Brandon knows a football playing jessie when he sees one.
                    Saving Telesco job with his football IQ.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Agreed.

Staley mentioned in a recent interview they value people who can play man to man and that they have to work on improving the depth. Well aren't those issues mostly the GM job to accomplish. Isn't that a bit of saying Telesco hasn't stocked the cupboards well enough.

Let's say Chargers drafted Slater because Brandon wanted him. And really liked him and even said I like him at tackle as his size was being questioned. And then he gets that type of season from the rookie. If that happened. Staley is the real deal and gets to decide. Telesco just following the HC orders.Pushed him to go get Mack.
                      Saving his job if that the case.
                      Last years Defensive showing was an embarrassment to everyone. Not making the playoffs was horrible!

:whistlin:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Staley is the real deal and gets to decide. Telesco just following the HC orders.
                        This is where Telesco gets a break. Lynn and Mccoy didn't know what they were doing. Which is why the team was mediocre or had losing seasons. This time TT has a HC who knows what he's doing and someone who has direction.

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Last years Defensive showing was an embarrassment to everyone. Not making the playoffs was horrible!

:whistlin:
                        The defense was bad even before last year. Like the two years before that.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I was expecting back of the roster vets not front line players.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X