• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
    61. David Njoku, TE, Cleveland Browns (26)

He’s one of the tougher free agents to project. On one hand, Njoku has never lived up to his draft slot (29th overall in 2017). On the other hand, he turns 26 in July, and given his talent, there could be untapped upside. Njoku’s career high in receiving yards was 639 in 2018. Last year, he had 36 catches for 475 yards on 53 targets. Those numbers aren’t much different than what Jonnu Smith put up in 2020, and Smith signed with the New England Patriots for $12.5 million per year. Then again, Njoku’s production might align more with Gerald Everett, who signed a one-year, $6 million deal with the Seattle Seahawks.
    Sign him and the bears DT and we could upgrade at these 2 positions!

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Chief fans were talking about Mathieu losing a step and not being the player he was two years ago.
      I watch every Chiefs game. He was invisible this year.

He's about done.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

He's about done.
        Yeah, I guess we have enough invisible guys, kinda crowded.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Chief fans were talking about Mathieu losing a step and not being the player he was two years ago.
          I will stick to my original thoughts- like the poster that said under 29 from the list. That kind of excludes Ertz as well I think at this point

IDL
          Edge
          CB

Those are my targets in "external free agency". If Telesco doesn't sign all of the major 4 free agents - add another one to the mix .

Just don't do it Tom - don't fall for "older and cheaper" - not worth it if the guy cannot stay healthy or a step slower

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Sign him and the bears DT and we could upgrade at these 2 positions!
            both too me are too risky
            Njoku is all potential
            Hicks is too old and greater risk of injury

Hicks is fine as a later in free agency kind of like Lamar Houston was last year - so one year, 4m for depth. Just for me, not the starter the team needs

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Interesting little story on the Bengals and what they did. They are truly old school. Especially having the smallest scout team in the NFL.
              Cincinnati has just six people canvassing the college and NFL ranks, but they’ve gotten a lot right lately. Plus, the Rams six years into the L.A. experience.

Duke Tobin built the Marvin Lewis Bengals into a team that went to the playoffs five straight years, survived Lewis’s departure and has built an even better team for Zac Taylor—one that’s arriving here in California two days from now for its first Super Bowl in 33 years. His fingerprints are all over a rebuild that’s been total—punter Kevin Huber, snapper Clark Harris and tight end C.J. Uzomah are the only ones left from Lewis’s last playoff team.

Just don’t tell him that.

To Tobin, what’s been a three-year facelift isn’t a tribute to him. It’s a tribute to everyone.

And most especially the six-man scouting staff he captains, easily the NFL’s smallest.

“With a small organization, the No. 1 thing we want them to have is pride in their work and a belief that what they’re doing at Texas State that day truly matters,” Tobin said Friday, from his office. “And it does truly matter because they’re our eyes there. So when a guy is at a place, he doesn’t feel like it’s redundant. He feels like, ‘Alright, the organization is relying on me to be good today.’ And there’s a tremendous amount of pride that comes with that.”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

He's about done.
                Agree. He is Chris Harris two years ago. Which is what scares me because he is the kind of DB Staley seems to covet for his mind. It's just his body is not there like it used to be.

Also for those who want Njoku, I get it. I like him, too. But he has been a ho-hum player since he joined the Browns and they have had a lot of different coaches because they are the Browns. There is something not quite right with him. He has a lot of Vernon Davis in him. Based upon physical talent and athleticism he should be on fire. But he is not the player his talent would suggest. At least has not been so far. Lot of risk with him.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Agree. He is Chris Harris two years ago. Which is what scares me because he is the kind of DB Staley seems to covet for his mind. It's just his body is not there like it used to be.

Also for those who want Njoku, I get it. I like him, too. But he has been a ho-hum player since he joined the Browns and they have had a lot of different coaches because they are the Browns. There is something not quite right with him. He has a lot of Vernon Davis in him. Based upon physical talent and athleticism he should be on fire. But he is not the player his talent would suggest. At least has not been so far. Lot of risk with him.

TG
                  Njoku and Hicks would be the worst offseason by Telesco for me

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Njoku and Hicks would be the worst offseason by Telesco for me
                    Did you watch Herbert in the probowl and how he used his TE? Also if we signed Hicks and drafted Jordan Davis as well as signed Njoku and keep Parham and let Cook step, wouldn't that be better than what we had this season?? Baker as opposed to Herbert will up Njoku's game, no? Id feel pretty comfortable with this guy on the field in a Chargers uniform when its 4th and whatever and Staley says go for it!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                      I'm on the NOT interested in Njoku list.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        Interesting little story on the Bengals and what they did. They are truly old school. Especially having the smallest scout team in the NFL.
                        Cincinnati has just six people canvassing the college and NFL ranks, but they’ve gotten a lot right lately. Plus, the Rams six years into the L.A. experience.

2020-2021 added Bengal starters:
                        On O, Burrow, Chase, Higgins - draft
                        On D, 3 DL FAs, 4 DB FAs, 1 LB -draft

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Did you watch Herbert in the probowl and how he used his TE? Also if we signed Hicks and drafted Jordan Davis as well as signed Njoku and keep Parham and let Cook step, wouldn't that be better than what we had this season?? Baker as opposed to Herbert will up Njoku's game, no? Id feel pretty comfortable with this guy on the field in a Chargers uniform when its 4th and whatever and Staley says go for it!

But Njoku is not Mark Andrews. If the Chargers could get Mark Andrews - maybe. But Njoku is all about potential - not enough production

I would take Zach Ertz and break my "over 30 rule" before signing Njoku

As for Hicks - just because he might be better than Linval Joseph - for me - isn;'t enough -- aim higher than better. Add a player that might not decline off or be more apt to get injured.

Comment

Working...
                          X