• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Regarding the Athletic's article that Xenos posted, my take away is we are pretty much done in FA, as far as anything big...it's on to the draft, then some more "tactful" signings after...I figured TT would push all the chips in this year....sounds like they are gonna hold back a bit after all. I'm cool with that...we may yet reap a nice bounty from the draft, and we still have a comfortable amount to tidy up some depth issues later.
    Yeah, we’re done with big name signings. There may yet be a starter or two left in FA still but that would be after the draft.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Also Egbule, I think.
      Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

LOL...it doesn't bode well that I completely forgot about that guy...
      I saw on a depth chart that Egbule was listed as an edge now, but I've never seen him listed as such before, just as an LB. He has exactly 0 sacks in his three year career.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        I saw on a depth chart that Egbule was listed as an edge now, but I've never seen him listed as such before, just as an LB. He has exactly 0 sacks in his three year career.
        I suspect a third or later pick on edge.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I suspect a third or later pick on edge.
          What about an older but accomplished edge rusher strictly for back up, to give Bosa/Mack a rest occasionally? Like Justin Houston, Jason Pierre-Paul or Jerry Hughes? Each of these guys are 33, but if one was brought in to just play a few snaps per game, I think I would prefer that to just inexperienced players on the depth chart. These guys might still be able to bring some juice in a greatly reduced role.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

What about an older but accomplished edge rusher strictly for back up, to give Bosa/Mack a rest occasionally? Like Justin Houston, Jason Pierre-Paul or Jerry Hughes? Each of these guys are 33, but if one was brought in to just play a few snaps per game, I think I would prefer that to just inexperienced players on the depth chart. These guys might still be able to bring some juice in a greatly reduced role.
            Depends on how much they want. But I wouldn’t be opposed to that idea. I do wonder how Staley view nonstarters. Do they also need to be involved in ST? Are we trying to have draft picks that eventually become starters when Mack moves on? There’s pros and cons to a cheaper but established FA veteran as a backup.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Not a bad idea, IF we have enough $$$ left over...TT has been spending quite a bit lately, and I agree with all those moves...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Rumph, Joe Gaziano, Egbule and Jamal Davis II. I don't see it as a priority but pretty sure Staley/ TT will be looking for value depth.
                You forgot Tillery.

I see it as a problem even if Rumph step it up this year.

RT,
                RG,
                cb #4
                rb #2
                dt #3
                edge #3 of 4
                backup center

They won't fill it all in the draft...they need a few more free agents

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You forgot Tillery.

RT,
                  RG,
                  cb #4
                  rb #2
                  dt #3
                  edge #3 of 4
                  backup center

But likely will wait till after the draft, see who they get. The FAs available ain’t going anywhere.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Rumph, Joe Gaziano, Egbule and Jamal Davis II. I don't see it as a priority but pretty sure Staley/ TT will be looking for value depth.
                    De’Shaan Dixon, I’m not sure what his draft projection is but he’ll probably go in the 6-7 rounds. Perfect size, lean NFL OLB type body, raw but already has a spin move you can’t really teach. He played in two all star games in the shrine bowl and in the hbcu bowl so he’s definitely getting buzz from pro scouts

6’4 1/2” 255 pounds runs a 4.8 flat 40

he’s very similar to Rumph but 1.5 inches taller and 18 pounds heavier coming out, similar 40 time rumph being a tad faster 4.78 vs 4.80, exact arm length 33” but dixon has bigger stronger hands 10 7/8” Dixon lead the MEAC in sacks last year, he plays the run really well and already looks and plays stronger than rumph

just someone to keep an eye on in the last three rounds, I think pittsburg is taking a long look at him and they know a thing or two about pass rushing OLBs….uhm sorry, I meant EDGE players
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

I think Staley likes egbule, he kept him over lemonier last year, lemonier is bigger and stronger and played better in the preseason games but egbule was better on STs, he’s a bit undersized (hasaan reddick size) but plays the run well. He’d be a 4-5 sack a season guy if he got into games. A former 5th rounder I think he’s good depth as a 4rth or 5th edge player/special teamer
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You forgot Tillery.

RT,
                        RG,
                        cb #4
                        rb #2
                        dt #3
                        edge #3 of 4
                        backup center

They certainly have enough picks to fill all that and then some in the draft. Much is depending on how they approach the starting right tackle spot, that’s the key to this draft.

Comment

• Parcells
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Wait Quessenberry gave up 11 sacks and managed an 80.6? That makes absolutely no sense. Norton gave up less than that.
                          I don’t have the advanced PFF stats. But I do have think that Quessenberry was a better run blocker. And he blocked for Ryan Tannehill. So I’m guessing Norton gave up more pressures but Herbert managed to still avoid the sack.

Comment

Working...
                          X