• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

I have no doubt Herbert will improve. Point was that WRs weren't an issue vs LVR.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If Refs didn’t get blown by Raiderette dancers on the strip night before game, they might have called an obvious PI and all this talk evaporates
      ...And if the Chargers beat Texas and or the Ravens(both teams had losing records and made picks in this draft before the Chargers did) they don't need refs calls to squeak into the playoffs!

Staley's pacing back and forth on the sidelines made me nervous at times last season, it reminded me a lot of Mike McCoy's tenure here and his results in some of these games.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

...And if the Chargers beat Texas and or the Ravens(both teams had losing records and made picks in this draft before the Chargers did) they don't need refs calls to squeak into the playoffs!

Staley's pacing back and forth on the sidelines made me nervous at times last season, it reminded me a lot of Mike McCoy's tenure here and his results in some of these games.
        You could say that about any of the 7 losses, so what. McCoy didn’t pace anxiously back and forth like Coach Staley. He was stoic and still … except when he’d close his eyes and turn away to not watch a play.

Sending positive energy to help you with your nerves. Good luck with that.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You could say that about any of the 7 losses, so what. McCoy didn’t pace anxiously back and forth like Coach Staley. He was stoic and still … except when he’d close his eyes and turn away to not watch a play.

Sending positive energy to help you with your nerves. Good luck with that.
          No thanks you can keep your positive energy for your self I don't so much believe in positive thinking, I believe in positive BEING! Follow me?. I want wins and playoffs this season period. I like how everyone is all roses and sunshine right now until the games start and the moment we lose games like we did in the Texas and Raiders games these same fans change on a dime. I'm talking more about the results in regard to McCoy and Staley! Both 9 win coaches their first season!!!!! I'll be Staley's biggest fan IF we make the playoffs trust me on that, but if you don't get nervous watching some of these games last season I don't know what to tell you! All I care about is Staley's results this season, and how our players respond to his coaching!

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

No thanks you can keep your positive energy for your self I don't so much believe in positive thinking, I believe in positive BEING! Follow me?. I want wins and playoffs this season period. I like how everyone is all roses and sunshine right now until the games start and the moment we lose games like we did in the Texas and Raiders games these same fans change on a dime. I'm talking more about the results in regard to McCoy and Staley! Both 9 win coaches their first season!!!!! I'll be Staley's biggest fan IF we make the playoffs trust me on that, but if you don't get nervous watching some of these games last season I don't know what to tell you! All I care about is Staley's results this season!
            The bottom line is we did screw the pooch in a couple of games we should have won and it cost us a playoff berth. Also a reality is that with that defense and the right side of the oline we would have been one and done. Playoffs are obviously better than sitting at home but that roster needed work and wasn't going anywhere. Now this years D should be substantially better than last year. Staley and the staff have a year of experience with the team and should be better. If we aren't wiped out by injury we will be a playoff team. There are not many holes on this roster and if the RT shakes out to even decent we should be a deep playoff team.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The bottom line is we did screw the pooch in a couple of games we should have won and it cost us a playoff berth. Also a reality is that with that defense and the right side of the oline we would have been one and done. Playoffs are obviously better than sitting at home but that roster needed work and wasn't going anywhere. Now this years D should be substantially better than last year. Staley and the staff have a year of experience with the team and should be better. If we aren't wiped out by injury we will be a playoff team. There are not many holes on this roster and if the RT shakes out to even decent we should be a deep playoff team.
              I sure hope you are right pal, this is all that I want and expect!~

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

PFF slot CB rankings

7. BRYCE CALLAHAN, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

Callahan was in the conversation for the best slot corner in the NFL a handful of years ago. From 2017 through 2018 with the Chicago Bears, he allowed the fewest yards per slot coverage snap in the NFL en route to a top-five coverage grade at the position.

But the injuries started to mount. He missed all of 2019 and was limited to 1,159 snaps from 2020 through 2021 with the Denver Broncos, though he still earned a top-five coverage grade over that span. There’s some major durability concern for Callahan as he enters his early 30s, but the good news is that he’s in a system that fits his skill set.

The Los Angeles Chargers took a good swing this offseason by bringing him on for a one-year deal worth just over $1 million. He’ll now reunite with Brandon Staley, who was a defensive assistant coach for the Bears when Callahan broke out.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I had no idea Callahan was that good.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    I had no idea Callahan was that good.
                    Hoping we get the Bears version of him and not a CHJ retread.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Hoping we get the Bears version of him and not a CHJ retread.
                      CHJ was paid to be a starter. Callahan luckily is only paid to be depth so hopefully he can contribute more due to lower snap count.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

CHJ was paid to be a starter. Callahan luckily is only paid to be depth so hopefully he can contribute more due to lower snap count.
                        What if he wins the starter’s job?
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

What if he wins the starter’s job?
                          Given that the coaches don't want him injured, they presumably have some kind of snap count in mind for him.

They aren't just going to play the shit out of him, and hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                          X