• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

as far as Ogbah, he’s been consistent with Miami the last 2 seasons and I know pass rushers come at a premium. I would like them to look at Harold Landry as well. But he’s gonna be pricey after the year he is having. They just need another consistent vet presence opposite of Bosa.

As far as Grant, he is a weapon on ST and can be used on the O effectively. I don’t feel like $4 mil a year is a lot for somebody of his talent. If they could get him for cheaper, I would be all for it. Anderson just needs more opportunities. He had proven to be a good blocker and a weapon in this O. Once Cook is gone he moves up the depth chart and $2 mil is not much.

I think your right when it comes to MW after looking at his stats and Courtland Sutton stats and seeing what Sutton just got paid. Maybe go after Christian Kirk and Jakeem Grant? I like Kirk’s game. If the WR room was Allen, Kirk, Palmer, Guyton and Grant going into next year, I would be ok with that. DJ Chark is another WR that could be a good value signing.

I feel like K. White has a lot of value to this D. And for $7 mil a year, I would take it. He will only get better in this scheme as time goes on. I also think that they are going to really keep K9 at edge and let him work with coach Giff and coach Jay as well as Bosa this offseason. He is an explosive player and I think he can be an effective rotational edge rusher. Look at Haason Reddick, played ILB for 3 years before moving to OLB last year. Finished the year with 12.5 sacks. This year in a new scheme in Carolina and has 10.5 sacks. I’ve still got faith in K9 to eventually be an effective pass rusher in the future. So with that being said, keeping K. White will be very important moving forward.
    You have some good points and other alternatives I like. Reddick,... ghost was all about last off-season and he did do well but I needed another prove it season and now he has and why he got a 1 year deal.
    So there is hope for K9 and hope he works out there.

Anderson will move up the depth chart but will still be last going from 4th to 3rd whether we keep the three TEs after Cook leaves or we draft another.
    I don't see using a high pick on a TE but if so, he will be 4th again as I don't see us using a low rounder for a TE when we have three still developing.
    If we sign one as the starter say like Ertz,....or even
    Cook, he will be last.

​​​​​ McKitty is getting more playing time and was a 3rd rounder so though in his limited time Anderson has been ok, I'd still only offer the vet minimum.

Grant will also be last on the WR depth chart if we keep Guyton. Only keeping 5 WRs and Roberts can also play WR.

I'd like to have Grant as a return guy actually but 4 mil to be a punt returner is too much. He would be the third highest paid WR to not play at WR or very occasionally.

​​​Seems logical to me but it's not my money. I'm enjoying the season right now but free agency for us this off-season should be an exciting one.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Editorial comment.
      Our cap space will evaporate rapidly.
      Charger players we want to retain
      and their agents know we have room also.
      ​​​Make room for Derwin and Justin.
      Finally, I feel very strongly that we should trade up for a difference maker this draft year.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Editorial comment.
        Finally, I feel very strongly that we should trade up for a difference maker this draft year.
        I think you wait to trade up next year for Will Anderson. This offseason needs to have at least 3 DBs joining the team through free agency and the draft. Even though the rush D has been better, it definitely needs to be addressed.

Let BMW and Cook walk. I’m hoping they go after Christian Kirk, Jakeem Grant and DJ Chark or at least 2 of them. If no Grant, I would be good bringing back Roberts. Bring back Stephen Anderson. I’m ok, going into next year with Parham, Anderson and Mckitty.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Editorial comment.
          Cap space is very fluid. It does not need to evaporate quickly. Especially if the cap is expected to go back up in 2023. So the Chargers, if the funds are there from a cash perspective - can get VERY creative with roster building.

Justin is signed for the next three years - well if they pick up year 5 - granted it will be 25m - but manageable
          Derwin is signed next year for 9m - though they should extend

Justin Jones, Nwosu, and Kyzir are guys to bring back
          Mike williams - for me - is test the waters and see what the market brings. I do not franchise him
          Storm Norton will get a decent increase but as an RFA it won't be much
          Chris Harris - too old to bring back
          Linval is interesting - but I don't rush into anything with him though he has been good
          Guyton, Schofield are players you might bring back depending on price.
          Anderson is probably a vet minimum guy, just like Chase Daniels.

Aboushi too

Chargers probably have 82m of cap space if Bulaga is released
          Expected 11 player draft class will count $10m of cap space
          20 players to get to the minimum roster are another $15m

So that leaves $55m of cap space. The players above might use half of that for Aboushi, Nwosu, Justin Jones, Kyzir White Storm Norton and Guyton.

The Chargers can and should be very aggressive, but smart in free agency. All depends on who is picking the talent.

And if Telesco is the GM - last thing I am doing is trading up. He has not fared well in this area. IF anything, might try to trade back and get more picks in the mid rounds. As of today, OTC.com is giving the Chargers an extra 4th for Rayshawn Jenkins. Which would be nice.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

I think you wait to trade up next year for Will Anderson. This offseason needs to have at least 3 DBs joining the team through free agency and the draft. Even though the rush D has been better, it definitely needs to be addressed.

Let BMW and Cook walk. I’m hoping they go after Christian Kirk, Jakeem Grant and DJ Chark or at least 2 of them. If no Grant, I would be good bringing back Roberts. Bring back Stephen Anderson. I’m ok, going into next year with Parham, Anderson and Mckitty.
            Trade up how? Mortgage the next half decade’s picks?

Will Anderson’s a virtual lock for top pick *in 2023*. Scouts like him better than Thibs and Hutch. Unless we go 1-16 next year, it’s a fantasy. And if that’s our record, we’ll have much bigger issues.
            Last edited by Bolt Dude; 12-18-2021, 08:25 AM.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Will Anderson’s a virtual lock for top pick. Scouts like him better than Thibs and Hutch. Unless we go 1-16 next year, it’s a fantasy. And if that’s our record, we’ll have much bigger issues.
              Is Will Anderson even draft eligible?

Second, go to Telescos history of trading up - it sucks. He doesn't value these players he trades up for. He should actually start trading back to get more picks - that was Jimmy Johnsons theory. The more picks I have - the better odds of finding a good player or two. Meaning if you have 7 picks, you need to get 43% right, to have three make it. If you have 10 picks, only need to hit 30%,

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Second, go to Telescos history of trading up - it sucks. He doesn't value these players he trades up for. He should actually start trading back to get more picks - that was Jimmy Johnsons theory. The more picks I have - the better odds of finding a good player or two. Meaning if you have 7 picks, you need to get 43% right, to have three make it. If you have 10 picks, only need to hit 30%,
                No, he’s not. I should’ve been more clear. Scouts like Anderson better than Thibs and Hutch this year, even though he’s not eligible until the 2023 draft, in which he’s a virtual lock for top pick.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Will Anderson’s a virtual lock for top pick *in 2023*. Scouts like him better than Thibs and Hutch. Unless we go 1-16 next year, it’s a fantasy. And if that’s our record, we’ll have much bigger issues.
                  You have a very good point. I guess what I should have said, if there ever was a player to try and trade up for it would be Will Anderson.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

You have a very good point. I guess what I should have said, if there ever was a player to try and trade up for it would be Will Anderson.
                    I’ll agree to that.

I also think UGA’s Jalen Carter is a game changer. Probably the second defensive player taken after Anderson in ‘23. I believe he’d be drafted before Jordan Davis if he were eligible this year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Jimmy Johnson go 6 high draft picks for Hershall Walker over some 2 or 3 drafts. Im not sure trading back was his thing and he didnt need to with all that ammo.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Jimmy Johnson go 6 high draft picks for Hershall Walker over some 2 or 3 drafts. Im not sure trading back was his thing and he didnt need to with all that ammo.
                        Jimmy is the guy who basically created the draft value chart. So maybe he didn't trade back but he had values for draft picks when trades were made

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Observations from the last several games...

* Chris Rumph has started to come on.
                          * Nwosu is the FA to sign over Fackrell.
                          * ILB's getting gassed in the 4th quarter and OT vs. the Chiefs cost us the division.
                          * Safety position needs depth... especially at SS when DJ can't go.

Lately I've started mocking ILB and SS above EDGE. Staley had Hollins opposite Floyd in LAR. Hollins is a good overall OLB but not a great pass rusher. He reminds me of Fackrell. So I've started looking at Fackrell-types in the draft. There are a number of them in the 5th (deep class).

3rd round: ILB Chad Muma or Brandon Smith
                          4th round: S Bryan Cook or Smoke Monday
                          5th round: EDGE Ochaun Mathis or Xavier Thomas

Comment

Working...
                          X