• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

My only comment is Telesco traded Desmond for peanuts. You think he is going to sign him for 12 million? Him complaining about playing time on Twitter didn't help.

No chance he does that. We could of signed him last off-season.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      My only comment is Telesco traded Desmond for peanuts. You think he is going to sign him for 12 million? Him complaining about playing time on Twitter didn't help.

No chance he does that. We could of signed him last off-season.
      True to the fact he traded him for peanuts. They got an extra pic out of it and now can get him back. But this D is very different and depends on versatility in the secondary. King can play slot, safety and back up returner. If they can find and sign another guy with his versatility, I’m all for it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

True to the fact he traded him for peanuts. They got an extra pic out of it and now can get him back. But this D is very different and depends on versatility in the secondary. King can play slot, safety and back up returner. If they can find and sign another guy with his versatility, I’m all for it.
        I like Desmond so don't get me wrong but I don't think this has anything to do with his play. He did something else that got him traded, though we really never got the scoop on what it was. TT won't put up with malcontents.

The Titans didn't try and resign him either.

I can see us going after Kevin King though. Nice effort overall, just don't think Desmond is in the plans.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-20-2021, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

I like Desmond so don't get me wrong but I don't think this has anything to do with his play. He did something else that got him traded, though we really got the scoop on what it was. TT won't put up with malcontents.

The Titans didn't try and resign him either.

I can see us going after Kevin King though. Nice effort overall, just don't think Desmond is in the plans.
          What other player with that versatility will be worth going for at DB for depth?

Mackenzie Alexander
          Artie Burns
          K’Waun Williams
          Vernon Hargreaves

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

What other player with that versatility will be worth going for at DB for depth?
            not my guy, and.... Daxton Hill.

and dude I like on your FA list.... BJ Hill @4i.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

This is based off how I think the Chargers can improve in running game, secondary and run D. And do it with value and not just throwing a ton of money at 1 or 2 players. This team needs depth in the secondary, OL, DL, ILB and WR.

Release

Bulaga- $10.7 mil cap savings

Joshua Kelly- $699,914 cap savings

Nabers- $895,000 cap savings

Lloyd- $705,000 cap savings

Total cap savings- $13,265,000

Total estimated cap availability- $86,244,909

WR Christian Kirk- 4 years $32 mil- 8 a year

PR/KR/WR Andre Roberts- 2 years $3.5 mil- 1.75 a year

DE/OLB Tak McKinley- 2 years $7- 3.5 mil a year

OG Mark Glowinski- 3 years $24 mil- 8 a year

DT BJ Hill- 4 years $24 mil- 6 a year

DT Tim Settle- 3 years- $12 mil- 4 a year

DT Justin Jones- 4 years $16 mil- 4 a year

ILB Kyzir White- 5 years $35 mil- 7 a year

CB- Kevin King- 3 years $18 mil- 6 a year

CB - Desmond King- 3 years $12 mil- 4 a year

DE/OLB U. Nwosu- 5 years $30 mil- 6 a year

TE Stephen Anderson- 3 years $3 mil- 1 a year

OG Scott Quessenberry- 4 years $5 mil- 1.25 a year

Total spent- $60.5

Draft- Trade back into the 2nd and get and extra 3rd

2nd- RB Breece Hall

2nd- OT Abraham Lucas

3rd- CB Coby Bryant

3rd- ILB Chad Muma

4th- DT Tyler Davis

5th- G Logan Bruss

6th- S Smoke Monday

6th- OT Blaise Andries

6th- WR Erik Ezukanma

6th- OLB/DE Brenton Cox Jr.

7th- S Reed Blankenship

7th- RB Quay Holmes

It may be a shock to see a RB as the 1st pick. But Breece Hall is the exact same player as Ek but 20lbs heavier. They would be a great 1-2 punch with Rountree getting another year to improve his stock.

Lucas is going to be a real good RT for a long time. And to plug him in next to Glowinski would help pave the way to a dominate Oline in the run and pass game.

C. Bryant is good depth moving forward and to learn behind vets like Davis, King, King ll and ASJ.
              Muma is a player that will play himself into playing time. He is always around the ball.

Davis would be a good depth move to work with behind, Hill, Settle, Gaziano and Jones

Rounds 5-7 are all depth and ST players. Bruss and Andries will be good depth signings with the possibility to start in the future. Can’t have enough DBs for this defense.
              First, the Chargers have I think 30 players or so on their roster plus a draft class to sign so the cap is actually probably in the 60m range if Bulaga is released.

Also, some of the cap savings is incorrect for players like Nabers and Joshua Kelley as somebody on the roster will be making the league minimum so their actual savings are negligible. Same with a guy like Easton sTick. Granted, at his salary, doesn't matter either. Bulaga is really the only player the Chargers have to release for savings.

I think White, Justin Jones and Nwosu will cost more on an AAV basis. The cap hits will be the cap hits.

Not a fan of Kirk - I am still looking at Davante Adams or a big time player with the money. I would pay Guyton half that over Kirk.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

QB: Herbert, Stick
                RB: Eke, JJ, Harris, Strong, Roundtree
                WR: KA, Davante Adams, Palmer, Demus, Guyton, Roberts
                TE: Parham, McKitty, Anderson, Calcaterra
                OT: Slater, Lucas, Norton
                OG: Feiler, Aboushi, Jaimes
                OC: Lindsley, FA
                I think id hurl if those were our RBs...not to mention we arent carry 5 on the roster. JJ either stays or goes. My guess is he goes. Cant have him not available 3/4 of the season, and then with him gone, that group is weak sauce. But i know you will have numerous more tries at this as we all will.
                We're a team predicated on throwing the ball. You're right, JJ is often hurt. But when he's healthy, he's very good.
                Cam'Ron Harris is a tough runner. Pair him with Roundtree as your short yardage/redzone runner. Strong is a good depth piece... also returns punts/kicks.
                The 5th running back takes Gabe Nabors' roster spot. Anderson has been the FB in the extremely rare situations we have a FB on the field.

I will hurl if we pick a RB within the first 4 rounds. CB/NB, RT, EDGE, depth at LB/S/IDL are all more critical than a #2 RB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

We're a team predicated on throwing the ball. You're right, JJ is often hurt. But when he's healthy, he's very good.
                  Cam'Ron Harris is a tough runner. Pair him with Roundtree as your short yardage/redzone runner. Strong is a good depth piece... also returns punts/kicks.
                  The 5th running back takes Gabe Nabors' roster spot. Anderson has been the FB in the extremely rare situations we have a FB on the field.

I will hurl if we pick a RB within the first 4 rounds. CB/NB, RT, EDGE, depth at LB/S/IDL are all more critical than a #2 RB.
                  I'll applaude it. Give me a second round RB. We want to run the ball and do but Ekeler isnt that guy to be the workhorse.

And lets not forget about free agency before we say what we should do in the first 4 rounds because CB, Edge and IDL could be signed there. Some of those possitions will be anyways.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

First, the Chargers have I think 30 players or so on their roster plus a draft class to sign so the cap is actually probably in the 60m range if Bulaga is released.

Also, some of the cap savings is incorrect for players like Nabers and Joshua Kelley as somebody on the roster will be making the league minimum so their actual savings are negligible. Same with a guy like Easton sTick. Granted, at his salary, doesn't matter either. Bulaga is really the only player the Chargers have to release for savings.

I think White, Justin Jones and Nwosu will cost more on an AAV basis. The cap hits will be the cap hits.

Not a fan of Kirk - I am still looking at Davante Adams or a big time player with the money. I would pay Guyton half that over Kirk.
                    Exactly. White, Jones, and Nwosu have all been playing very well lately. We may have to eat up some of that cap money re-signing those guys than I originally thought.

In regards to WR. I'm not fond of signing a guy like Kirk, either. Aren't we supposed to be making a SB push...?
                    Half the board wants to re-sign MW @15-16 million... knowing that he's inconsistent. He was supposed to be Lombardi's Michael Thomas... he isn't.
                    Half the board wants to draft a WR in the 1st round... knowing that MW was a 1st round WR that never lived up to the #7 pick expectations.

I think the Chargers win the final 3 games and finish at 11-6. Probably win their first playoff game... lose their 2nd playoff game... and are drafting in the late 20's.
                    If history is any indicator, there will be 3-4 WR's off the board at that time. Will there be a transformational WR 4 to 5 WR's into the draft? Is the 4th best WR as good as the 4th best CB...?
                    I just don't see it. We wasted PR's time here by not getting him an OL. Will we waste JH's time here by not getting him the receiving weapons...?

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I'll applaude it. Give me a second round RB. We want to run the ball and do but Ekeler isnt that guy to be the workhorse.

And lets not forget about free agency before we say what we should do in the first 4 rounds because CB, Edge and IDL could be signed there. Some of those possitions will be anyways.
                      Really...? What evidence do you have...?
                      You have Justin Herbert and Keenan Allen but want a work horse running back...?

Eke... UDFA
                      JJ... 7th round
                      Roundtree... 6th round
                      Kelly... 4th round

The only high pick @RB was Melvin Gordon. TT didn't re-sign him.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

You don't have to take my word for it...

"What I think that the running game does for a quarterback is it gives you some breathers," Staley told reporters. "You don't need a good running game to be a good play-action team, but what you need the running game for is the physical element of the game..." - Brandon Staley-

This doesn't scream 2nd rounder to me...

There are some really good RB's in the 5th-7th rounds this year... just like last year...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                          You don't have to take my word for it...

"What I think that the running game does for a quarterback is it gives you some breathers," Staley told reporters. "You don't need a good running game to be a good play-action team, but what you need the running game for is the physical element of the game..." - Brandon Staley-

This doesn't scream 2nd rounder to me...

There are some really good RB's in the 5th-7th rounds this year... just like last year...
                          But we didnt get one. We picked the mediocre one, Roundtree. And then Staley ran a ton against KC for 192 yards so im guessing he likes a run game.

Im sure Lombardi will have a say in what he wants in his offense as well. Whether he gets his way, who knows but they know the success they had in NO with them. Kamara added another element. This is just what i would do. Ive also said there are some young FA RBs id sign as well....so maybe thats a possibility.

We didnt think we would draft a TE or WR in the 3rd round either, but we did.

Comment

Working...
                          X