Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Maybe we can swap Tillery for Kinlaw
    looks like both need a change of scenery, for different reasons.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Edited by Fleet
      Please remember that we dont allow these types of discussions in threads. Politics and Religion are not allowed. Unless its in a thread that is given permission by me....from a Member who is given a terminal illness diagnosis. I will allow scenarios like the one Roo is in now. Its the Roo rule.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Let us pause in wonderment at how much closer to being a "line of scrimmage team" we are now, than we have been in the past.
        100% result of the infusion of talent, directly or indirectly influenced, by Brandon Staley. Once Tillery shuffles off to another pro team, my bet is Washington or Seattle, the Chargers will be better squad on the LOS. There is roster churning going on and discussing the weak links on the Chargers defensive isn't being 'bitchy', it's being vocal about having subpar talent, of a player who cannot consistently beat his man and a larger symptom of the Chargers not being capable of winning an AFC West title for a decade.

It's holding the Spanos family accountable.

I said my piece.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Tillery has a year in the league over Murray. Murray was hurt so I'm not so down on him as I am on Tillery. But Murray must step it up this year.
          Yeah, this is where I'm at too. When Tillery was drafted, there was a lot of debate about if he could actually make it in the NFL. But there was no debate about Murray when he was drafted, the consensus he was going to be a stud in the NFL. The consensus is not always right, but I'm giving Murray the benefit of the doubt, and yes he has to prove it this season.

They will have to decide next off-season whether to pick up Murray's 5th year option, a long with Herbert's (who most likely will get a long-term contract).

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

100% result of the infusion of talent, directly or indirectly influenced, by Brandon Staley. Once Tillery shuffles off to another pro team, my bet is Washington or Seattle, the Chargers will be better squad on the LOS. There is roster churning going on and discussing the weak links on the Chargers defensive isn't being 'bitchy', it's being vocal about having subpar talent, of a player who cannot consistently beat his man and a larger symptom of the Chargers not being capable of winning an AFC West title for a decade.

It's holding the Spanos family accountable.

I said my piece.
            Well, I respectfully disagree. We have to transform ourselves as Charger fans. The perpetual "bitter San Diegan" posture must end. We must embrace where we are headed.

Roster building must not include discarding thus far underachieving first round draft picks, who may yet earn a second contract from us.

There are lots of NFL players who blossomed late during their rookie contract. Do we have an Arik Armstead on our hands ? He learned to overcome his narrow base and make his length a positive, causing the 49ers to trade DeForest Buckner for a round one pick.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Let us pause in wonderment at how much closer to being a "line of scrimmage team" we are now, than we have been in the past.
              I am looking forward to this. We have built in the trenches. Whether it all works is TBD but the emphasis, effort and focus on the LOS is there. People may have been distracted by the offensive fireworks from Gilman and Coryell but those trenches were solid. With Ross and Schottenheimer smashmouth was a given. I got a feeling that these right here are the good old days

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I am looking forward to this. We have built in the trenches. Whether it all works is TBD but the emphasis, effort and focus on the LOS is there. People may have been distracted by the offensive fireworks from Gilman and Coryell but those trenches were solid. With Ross and Schottenheimer smashmouth was a given. I got a feeling that these right here are the good old days
                Good points.

As ghost alluded to, isn't it starting to feel like Sparky's got a lot of the toys that were on his holiday wish list ?

As Coach just said, now we have to come together and play as a team.

Enjoy the synergism, man.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Well, I respectfully disagree. We have to transform ourselves as Charger fans. The perpetual "bitter San Diegan" posture must end. We must embrace where we are headed.

Roster building must not include discarding thus far underachieving first round draft picks, who may yet earn a second contract from us.

There are lots of NFL players who blossomed late during their rookie contract. Do we have an Arik Armstead on our hands ? He learned to overcome his narrow base and make his length a positive, causing the 49ers to trade DeForest Buckner for a round one pick.
                  If Tillery - like any player on the fringe - plays his way into being a solid player for us, great. Why is it being a bad fan to be doubtful of that happening? Best use for him I’ve heard is as a decoy, but wouldn’t the team be better served just finding a more complete player if he can’t be it?

Not reading a lot of bitter, just realistic expectations, and it irks me that considering all options, including very realistic ones (Staley even said he, like many players still on the team, are trying to earn the right to be a part of the team, I mean it doesn’t get any more fringe than that lol) is somehow being a bad fan. Stuff that.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

This board claimed Tillery buying a condo in NYC had all kinds of meanings.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Staley let Tillery know, in no uncertain terms, he has to compete for a job on the 53 man roster. I find Staley’s frankness refreshing. Most coaches don’t do that.

If Tillery isn’t motivated now than sayonara.

Notre Dame was going to develop him into an OT but he was so good on defense his freshman year he stayed there. Wonder if he could compete for RT?

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

I think he should be given a chance to compete for a roster spot, just like all the other bubble players. Cutting him out of vindictivness is dumb. Cutting him because we have better options is another thing.

A player on the bubble not showing for OTAs is not a good start.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

I think he should be given a chance to compete for a roster spot, just like all the other bubble players. Cutting him out of vindictivness is dumb. Cutting him because we have better options is another thing.

A player on the bubble not showing for OTAs is not a good start.
                          Many have Tillery ahead of Covington and Fehoko for the last DL roster spot.

I mentioned Arik Armstead for a reason. We will adopt SF's model, emphasizing the front.

It is easy to project Bosa, Fox and Tillery providing vital inside pressure. Bosa rotates outside with Mack, Van Noy and Rumph II.

TPB is still bent about our run defense, and looking for people to blame. Linval, Tillery, Murray, you name it. How about Nwosu not setting the EDGE, or DBs not wrapping up ?

Inside pressure. Give our coverage guys some help in their Herculean task.

wu will now marinate on "Time Cube." What it is. What it means for the LAC operation.

Comment

Working...
                          X