• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

I will support anyone who is putting in the work regardless of if I like how they got on the team. Being on an NFL roster is a privilege.

Comment

• jox g
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      Stick played better than Daniel in the last PS. Just saying … I didn’t see any genius expert play from Daniel last PS. His mentor value is so overblown its laughable. He hasn’t known how to become a quality starter in 12 seasons, what is he going to teach Herbie - how to be a second rate backup that bounces around from team to team and never plays his entire career? He had a total of 39 yards and 0 TDs in his 3 forgettable seasons in NO. Herbie can get 13 yards in a season just by falling forward once.

Herbie is the Golden God. Daniel can only tarnish his glistening deity.
      Edited by Fleet

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        This board has a perfect sense of bad timing and negative reinforcement. It's called being bitchy.

So if Tillery or Kelley or Murray make a quantum leap, at least we will be able to say we were "meh" about them before Memorial Day.

What is that ? A culture of winning ? A championship mindset ?

Does anyone think Peter King mails it in ? Visualize hoisting the Lombardi. Or cling to "it's the same old Chargers."

Choice is ours.
        My choice is to be very disappointed with Tillery. And to not feel I have to settle for such poor play. Not his fault he was over-drafted, I loved the pick at the time for his potential. But that’s all he’s ever been, potential. If Tillery ever hoists the Lombardi, it’ll be cuz Bosa or James handed it to him for a sec.

Sometimes guys don’t work out, okay to say so and move on.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Let us pause in wonderment at how much closer to being a "line of scrimmage team" we are now, than we have been in the past.
          Very true. Do you see Tillery being an integral part of that? He’s been here long enough..

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Very true. Do you see Tillery being an integral part of that? He’s been here long enough..
            I am wait n see...not ready to put him in the same category as Kyler Murray.

I will grant you this, blue. Staley said Mack brings something we have not had enough of.
            Grit ?
            Intensity ?
            Morgan Fox is surely close to that.
            Jerry ?...uhhhh.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Time cube.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I am wait n see...not ready to put him in the same category as Kyler Murray.

I will grant you this, blue. Staley said Mack brings something we have not had enough of.
                Grit ?
                Intensity ?
                Morgan Fox is surely close to that.
                Jerry ?...uhhhh.
                Tillery has a year in the league over Murray. Murray was hurt so I'm not so down on him as I am on Tillery. But Murray must step it up this year.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Tillery has a year in the league over Murray. Murray was hurt so I'm not so down on him as I am on Tillery. But Murray must step it up this year.
                  Agreed Jolt. I was thinking in terms of being a punk over contract issues.

The huge question mark about Tillery was there prior to that draft. Still now, does he live the game ?

What if Tillery had purchased a condo in OC or LV instead of NYC ?
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Too bad the Chargers don't have Stanford on their schedule... JT would be great.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Agreed Jolt. I was thinking in terms of being a punk over contract issues.

The huge question mark about Tillery was there prior to that draft. Still now, does he live the game ?

What if Tillery had purchased a condo in OC or LV instead of NYC ?
                      Don’t care where he buys a pad, just want him to stop wearing one when he plays.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Don’t care where he buys a pad, just want him to stop wearing one when he plays.
                        Tillery's penthouse apartment overlooking Central Park in NYC is on the 13th floor...are u saying, ahem, Jerry's PAD level is too high?

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Tillery, IMO, can place himself on the bubble, if that's what he wants. He's not far from there now. Hell, if chaincrusher had his way, he's already be gone. But any player who *has* to step it up in order to justify a roster spot now and/or in the future is not helping his cause by skipping workouts, voluntary or not. Guys in Tillery's position should be going above and beyond to show that they belong, not bringing into question their motivation and desire.

Comment

Working...
                          X