• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

No thanks you can keep your positive energy for your self I don't so much believe in positive thinking, I believe in positive BEING! Follow me?. I want wins and playoffs this season period. I like how everyone is all roses and sunshine right now until the games start and the moment we lose games like we did in the Texas and Raiders games these same fans change on a dime. I'm talking more about the results in regard to McCoy and Staley! Both 9 win coaches their first season!!!!! I'll be Staley's biggest fan IF we make the playoffs trust me on that, but if you don't get nervous watching some of these games last season I don't know what to tell you! All I care about is Staley's results this season, and how our players respond to his coaching!
    I don’t get nervous in June, that seems pointless. Positive thinking leads to more positive being. I’m gonna keep pulling for you, you can continue to resist.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

How many DL will make the roster? Not sure it’s more than 6. Will Fehoko make it? Tillery? Not sure we’d cut Tillery but maybe trade him? I would, even though his value’s practically nil.

SJD
      Johnson
      Tito
      Fox
      Covington
      Fehoko?

This might make a good poll question.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
        How many DL will make the roster? Not sure it’s more than 6. Will Fehoko make it? Tillery? Not sure we’d cut Tillery but maybe trade him? I would, even though his value’s practically nil.

SJD
        Johnson
        Tito
        Fox
        Covington
        Fehoko?

Given Fox’s size, I think he’ll also flex between edge and DT. It feels like it’s either Fehoko or Covington unless Tillery gets traded.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I’m pretty excited about the D line’s potential this year. Maybe not stat wise, maybe not star wise, but holding the point of attack and letting the rest of the defense play. It’s going to be a great year
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

SJD
            Johnson
            Tito
            Fox
            Covington
            Fehoko?

5, 6 tops. We need depth everywhere.
            SJD, Johnson - locks
            Tito - likely
            Fox, Covington, Gaziano, Tillery compete for 2-3 QB pressure slots.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

5, 6 tops. We need depth everywhere.
              SJD, Johnson - locks
              Tito - likely
              Fox, Covington, Gaziano, Tillery compete for 2-3 QB pressure slots.
              Don’t think Fehoko has a shot?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

I think folks who say Tillery won’t make it are skewed by their disappointment in his Rd1 selection and not properly comparing him to late Rd / UDFA practice squad players he will compete against for the final spot. They have more gap grinders than they have interior pass rushers. I expect Tillery to make the roster over the likes of Covington, Gaziano, Fehoko and Oggibongo (sp lol?). I agree he’s a bust for Rd1 but I’m not evaluating him as a Rd1 pick anymore. Just my guess.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

According to Staley there are 2 proven DTs on the roster. Everyone else has to earn it.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think folks who say Tillery won’t make it are skewed by their disappointment in his Rd1 selection and not properly comparing him to late Rd / UDFA practice squad players he will compete against for the final spot. They have more gap grinders than they have interior pass rushers. I expect Tillery to make the roster over the likes of Covington, Gaziano, Fehoko and Oggibongo (sp lol?). I agree he’s a bust for Rd1 but I’m not evaluating him as a Rd1 pick anymore. Just my guess.
                    I dunno, he’s never really played better than a UDFA. Heck, didn’t Fireplug Merrill have a sack last year in very limited reps? How much lower does the bar need to be (regardless of draft slot)?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Fair enough. I just get a sneaking suspicion that Tillery thinks he’s better than he really is. I have absolutely nothing to back that up.

But if he’s indignant, if he feels slighted, if he’s unhappy and thinks he’d shine on another (say 4-3) squad, I don’t think Staley/TT would blink. They’d ship him out for a 7th.

The culture Staley’s building is more important than the happiness of one player.

Then again, I could be entirely off base. Maybe Tillery’s happy, even though his body language says he’s brooding.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I dunno, he’s never really played better than a UDFA. Heck, didn’t Fireplug Merrill have a sack last year in very limited reps? How much lower does the bar need to be (regardless of draft slot)?
                        I think Tillery is better than Merril, Fehoko, Graziano and Covington, but if it's close with his salary maybe they try and trade him.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

He's mostly a run stuffer. I like him but am guessing they want more QB pressure from inside. After AJ & SJD.

Comment

Working...
                          X