Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Unless you plan on replacing Herbert I'm not sure what you want to do, roster wise, to improve his read in this situation.
    Give Herbert that extra second through more protection that we just drafted?
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

If the interior oline becomes rock solid because of our draft picks I'm good with Pip and Storm. Plus we haven't seen what the second year player we drafted can do this season. I feel like we have depth we just didn't have last season on both sides of the ball. It's not going to be like every other play this year is going to be a shit show where deficiencies show up all the time.

:2cents:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

This is what I want Herbert (and the Chargers) to improve on next year. Plenty of weapons, have to hit the wide open WR.

"This" is deep breaking routes, in this case a deep dig. Allen doesn't have the leg to maintain separation vs man coverage but vs zone this should eat with our vertical threats.
        It was pointed out in the hand wringing post game.

One thing is that a sack would have set up a 50+ yard field goal.
        Perhaps the intention was to not have Max Crosby wreck everything, and for Herbert to not go through his progressions.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

This is what I want Herbert (and the Chargers) to improve on next year. Plenty of weapons, have to hit the wide open WR.

"This" is deep breaking routes, in this case a deep dig. Allen doesn't have the leg to maintain separation vs man coverage but vs zone this should eat with our vertical threats.
          To be fair, this looks like DPI to me on the throw to MW

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Thanks for this!

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Give Herbert that extra second through more protection that we just drafted?
              Pocket is fine, Crosby is 4 yards behind him running the wrong direction.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Pocket is fine, Crosby is 4 yards behind him running the wrong direction.
                No,

I mean the decision on 3rd down could have been made pre-snap to go with the fade route.
                A sack and our field goal kicker probably misses the 50 + yard field goal.

Herbert didn't scan the field period.....he is capable of doing that. There was no safety help on Mdub.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                  Some thoughts about the modifications made to the Chargers' defense:

A strong case can be made for saying that outside of J. T. Woods, realistically the most that can be hoped for from this defensive draft class is special teams snaps. If guys like Taylor and Leonard are called in for duty on defensive snaps? That would most likely mean several other players are hurt, and we don't want that. Ogbonnia will have to impress more than most 5th round draft picks usually do, if he's going to take any snaps away from Joseph-Day, Johnson or Covington. I'm not expecting that. IMO, he's a developmental guy who's unlikely to get snaps on defense, unless injuries mandate it.
                  ;
                  It depends on TC for Tito. DL/DT isn't like OL with the same guys every down, The DTs will have depth / special purpose guys rotating in. He'll be in competition with vet depth but his initial explosion may get him a job.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

No,

I mean the decision on 3rd down could have been made pre-snap to go with the fade route.
                    A sack and our field goal kicker probably misses the 50 + yard field goal.

Herbert didn't scan the field period.....he is capable of doing that. There was no safety help on Mdub.
                    If Refs didn’t get blown by Raiderette dancers on the strip night before game, they might have called an obvious PI and all this talk evaporates
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If Refs didn’t get blown by Raiderette dancers on the strip night before game, they might have called an obvious PI and all this talk evaporates
                      If you're not blowing, you're not trying?
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Tillery and Bosa both at OTA’s today

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                          Fluent in Sarcasm
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Iowa
                          • Man of the People
                          • Send PM

Herbert had a couple of these throughout the season, it happens for a variety of reasons. I do think he will miss these reads less this season because…. He is in the same offense as the year before for the first time since high school. Herbert has had one of the best starts of a QB in NFL history over his first 2 years and he still has leaps and bounds to grow with the mental side of the position, both in being comfortable within his own offense and with increased understanding of NFL defenses. I have no doubt he will get there, and when his mental understanding of the game catches up to his physical tools…. It’s gonna be good times for us as fans.

Comment

Working...
                          X