• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Tony Martin had 90 receptions in '95, and in '96 had 85 receptions, w/14 TDs, and went to the Pro Bowl that year.
    Wasn’t Tony Martin our #1 WR in those years? I don’t see Guyton being used as a #1 WR, he will contribute and he is a great #4 at a great salary cap hit. but I don’t see him moving off of #4. Injuries are the only thing that will move him up imo. Sure he could improve, but i expect Palmer to improve even more and Palmer is already ahead of him. Ahead of that pair are two certifiable studs. I am just glad to see we can lose a WR for several weeks without it all falling apart. Depth.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Nice post! TYTY!!!
      This is why he’ll be #3 ahead of Guyton. It was visible he has superior short-mid route running skills even as a rookie and coaches will take superb technique over extra speed all day long.

except good ol Al, that is. Bless his heart …
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’ll actually take his wife as owner.
        His ex wife is 10x hotter than his current GF.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Look over the DB's we have now. I think it's exciting to consider what these guys can do. With the kind of pass rush we'll have and the guys manning the CB and S spots, this defense will be really tough to pass on. It's not just the starters either, this team is deep in the defensive backfield. Several of these guys are ball hawks. I would be surprised if we break the team record for INT's though because in 1961 we had 49 picks. Still, I think this will be an exciting year for us Bolt fans. Let's start the season next Sunday!
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            Look over the DB's we have now. I think it's exciting to consider what these guys can do. With the kind of pass rush we'll have and the guys manning the CB and S spots, this defense will be really tough to pass on. It's not just the starters either, this team is deep in the defensive backfield. Several of these guys are ball hawks. I would be surprised if we break the team record for INT's though because in 1961 we had 49 picks. Still, I think this will be an exciting year for us Bolt fans. Let's start the season next Sunday!
            Works for me!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              Agreed. Pending an unprecedented amount of injuries we should be very solid (floor) to excellent / great (ceiling) in the defensive backfield. I think this group of DB's could even weather some loss of pass rush and still be effective.

Not only have we significantly upgraded the talent level of the players, but the returning guys have a year under their belts in the system and that alone should make them better. I expect to see improvements from Adderly, Davis, Samuel, Webb and Campbell among others. I'm not going to be surprised if Gilman doesn't make the cut - we seem to have a lot of DB's who can play close to the line of scrimmage and his lack of athleticism makes him a liability in the deep half, where range / covering ground is key.

We'll see - but I'm hopefully optimistic (as always this time of year)!

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

The Chargers are in for a remarkable season. The talent & depth are exciting, the coaching staff look like a championship crew. If Staley's attention to detail takes hold, We Bad - in a very good way. All the units set the table for each other. OL-QB-WR/TE-RB/FB, DL-Edge-LB-DB, K-P,coverage-return.
                Team Ball! Let's rock!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                  The Chargers are in for a remarkable season. The talent & depth are exciting, the coaching staff look like a championship crew. If Staley's attention to detail takes hold, We Bad - in a very good way. All the units set the table for each other. OL-QB-WR/TE-RB/FB, DL-Edge-LB-DB, K-P,coverage-return.
                  Team Ball! Let's rock!
                  From your keyboard to <deity of choice>'s ears.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                    Day One...
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Brentwood, 94513
                    • Send PM

We all can’t wait for this season to start. More than ever. We are like this every year. It’s just a lil more this year. Ready for what we as Chargers have been waiting forever. 10 is the biggest reason.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

considering the moves made this off season

I am more than a little excited

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                        We all can’t wait for this season to start. More than ever. We are like this every year. It’s just a lil more this year. Ready for what we as Chargers have been waiting forever. 10 is the biggest reason.
                        10, it's for at least 10 wins ?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                          Team Ball! Let's rock!
                          I haven't been this excited for a Charger season in years. I feel really good about the direction of the team, the coaching staff and the players. I've been resisting the gravitational pull of the recent optimism, since I've been a Charger fan for decades and have learned (the hard way) that this team will always find a way to break your heart, but I just can't hold out any longer - I'm moving from hopefully optimistic to confidently optimistic (woo hoo!!!):thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                          X